Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,590 times

Advertisements

I'm from Wyoming, and I turn 21 Dec. 6th, and will be heading home the 12th (13th is the Monday). So... basically I will be a week or so without a valid license. I can't live without it because I need to be able to drive to the airport, as well as to classes during finals week (I can use my passport to actually fly). I'm not sure what to do. I was told by a very unfriendly DOT person that I was pretty much screwed (can't renew it by mail because a new picture is required by law at age 21), but I honestly don't believe her there has to be a solution, I'm not the only person who goes to school out of state.

Does anyone know if I can renew my license by mail, and show up to get the picture taken? Is there a grace period in Wyoming for expired driver's licenses? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I can always change my license to MI, and change it back when I get to WY, but that seems like a lot of money and time that shouldn't be necessary. Thanks for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 10:23 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,704,794 times
You'll have to be there in person to renew, but the good news is your chances of needing a valid driver's license are pretty small and you'll be fine for a month. Worst case scenario, you get a ticket for having an expired license and have to show a DA your new one to get it dismissed, but most LEOs I know will give a person a break on such an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive