Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 04:20 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I did,hence my first post.

The amount of crybabies and Nanny staters present here sadly illustrates how far this country has sunk...
Actually, it's the spoiled brat punks who are taking daddy's SUV out and watersurfing after a flood - rather than doing anything to help people in need - are the ones who evidence how far this country has sunk.

Oh yeah... Then there are those who defend them, when the cops tell them to knock if off. That's a new low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 04:29 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Well it appears you are making things up...

Could you provide evidence as to who owns the SUV?

Could you provide evidence the LEO's told them to " knock it off "?

Thanks.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:35 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Actually, it's the spoiled brat punks who are taking daddy's SUV out and watersurfing after a flood - rather than doing anything to help people in need - are the ones who evidence how far this country has sunk.

Oh yeah... Then there are those who defend them, when the cops tell them to knock if off. That's a new low.
Because we shouldn't have fun when people are hungry! FEEL BAD!

Old 05-08-2010, 04:36 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post

Old 05-08-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Hardly what I said.

What is overwhelmingly obvious, by the responses on this thread, is that there are two kinds of people responding.

1. Children.
2. Adults.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:10 PM

848 posts, read 1,953,012 times
It used to be that stupidity was its own punishment.

In today's litigious environment everyone is trying to cover their bases.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Hollow View Post
It used to be that stupidity was its own punishment.

In today's litigious environment everyone is trying to cover their bases.
Right.

It's pretty obvious they were on private property. Unfortunately, that would leave the property owner liable if one of them fell & split his head open.

It's also pretty obvious that they had been doing this for awhile - as evidenced by the crowd, and by the police officers just standing there waiting for them.

It's also obvious that the kids were not manhandled, tasered, or in any way abused. It is standard police protocol to bind somebody's wrists and literally set them down on the curb. I'm sure the cops went back and searched the vehicle for booze and drugs.

Most likely the kids' parents were called, and they handled it from there.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:32 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
The replies from those Omaha refers to as "Adults" remind me of an example Jon Stewart has used a few times, where one kid, one day, threw a stone from road overpass, and almost overnight, all the overpasses were fenced in. Because of one incident.

The US is the nanny state of nanny states, and your whole lawsuit culture has completely undermined common sense as well as the judicial system.

The cops could've just told them to clear out, what possible risk did they pose that warrants handcuffs?

The simple solution to this? If it is indeed true that the landowner (I'm assuming it was a mall parking lot or similar) is indeed liable for damages if the kid did fall and crack his skull (He did neither), then change the damn law so that the landowner isn't liable when people purposefully acts stupid.

I'm very sure that I never want to fit into Omahas definition of "adult", however, I agree with his statement, some of the posters are reasonable and use common sense, and some are childish and close minded.

I certainly know which group I'd rather be in.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
The replies from those Omaha refers to as "Adults" remind me of an example Jon Stewart has used a few times, where one kid, one day, threw a stone from road overpass, and almost overnight, all the overpasses were fenced in. Because of one incident.

The US is the nanny state of nanny states, and your whole lawsuit culture has completely undermined common sense as well as the judicial system.

The cops could've just told them to clear out, what possible risk did they pose that warrants handcuffs?

The simple solution to this? If it is indeed true that the landowner (I'm assuming it was a mall parking lot or similar) is indeed liable for damages if the kid did fall and crack his skull (He did neither), then change the damn law so that the landowner isn't liable when people purposefully acts stupid.

I'm very sure that I never want to fit into Omahas definition of "adult", however, I agree with his statement, some of the posters are reasonable and use common sense, and some are childish and close minded.

I certainly know which group I'd rather be in.
You apparently don't understand liability and lawsuits. You can win the lawsuit, but if it costs you a couple hundred thousand in legal fees, you've still lost.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:37 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
[quote=TheViking85;14094023]The replies from those Omaha refers to as "Adults" remind me of an example Jon Stewart has used a few times, where one kid, one day, threw a stone from road overpass, and almost overnight, all the overpasses were fenced in. Because of one incident./quote]

Umm, throwing stones and bricks from an overpass KILLS PEOPLE! But I guess by your standard, that's just good fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive