Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 06:56 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,736,064 times

Advertisements

You can buy anything on ebay...
RC AIRPLANE RQ11 RAVEN 3CH Fiberglass SURVEILLANCE Drone 51"WS ARF | eBay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 07:00 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,821,925 times
MIRCEA - did you actually say this?

"Man are you naive.

I used to run illegal wire-taps and then get warrants through other means to legally search.

You're limited only by your imagination, and as a last resort, I can always use the "anonymous tip" or get one of my paid informants to say whatever I tell them to say.

At 1:00 AM, the judge isn't going to be talking to my informant anyway. I'm going to call the judge and fax a copy of the warrant to his home for him to sign (or drive to his home).

The sheriff here has a helicopter with forward-looking infrared and thermal imaging. They can see "grow lights," meth labs etc. It'll be there 2-3-5 days from now. Plenty of time to get a warrant together through legal means.

I used to walk through parking lots in bars/night clubs and kick tail-lights out, then sit down the road and pull people over later because "they had a tail-light out."

Usually good for a DWI and/or drug bust.

There's always a way, it just depends on how clever you are."

If so, you are the kind of legal domestic terrorist should fear.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:57 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,696,020 times
Drones among other invasive devices are only the beginning. We are being tracked through our cell phones, drivers license, and credit cards. How much longer before they start implanting ID chips in babies? Think it's not possible? I never thought I would see the day that Americans would agree to something like the Patriot Act and give up many of their constitution rights.

During Katrina, the police were trying to confiscate weapons homeowners were using to defend there homes from looters. The police could not enter citizens homes without a warrant. So the police had the national guard, (civilians issued temporary uniforms), who were allowed to enter homes without search warrants and take the weapons of law abiding citizens trying to protect their homes and families.

I think cooking meth may be the top job in TN. The drugs passing through TN are headed north or east. So were are the cops? There all looking in the south/west bound lanes trying to stop the drug money that they are allow to confiscate.

GregW
"I used to walk through parking lots in bars/night clubs and kick tail-lights out, then sit down the road and pull people over later because "they had a tail-light out."

Is it any wonder that people have little respect for police?

That was tried in one town I live in until the police involved were arrested, fired and jailed.

When the day comes that the police are watching every one who will watch the police?

Old 12-13-2011, 09:19 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,887,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Man are you naive.

I used to run illegal wire-taps and then get warrants through other means to legally search.

You're limited only by your imagination, and as a last resort, I can always use the "anonymous tip" or get one of my paid informants to say whatever I tell them to say.

At 1:00 AM, the judge isn't going to be talking to my informant anyway. I'm going to call the judge and fax a copy of the warrant to his home for him to sign (or drive to his home).

The sheriff here has a helicopter with forward-looking infrared and thermal imaging. They can see "grow lights," meth labs etc. It'll be there 2-3-5 days from now. Plenty of time to get a warrant together through legal means.

I used to walk through parking lots in bars/night clubs and kick tail-lights out, then sit down the road and pull people over later because "they had a tail-light out."

Usually good for a DWI and/or drug bust.

There's always a way, it just depends on how clever you are.
And I used to love to arrest dirty cops like you who gave the good ones a bad name.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:28 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,249,866 times
IV. Right of search and seizure regulated

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:34 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
IV. Right of search and seizure regulated

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Some more updates on their use and the legal ramifications.
Posts tagged "unlawful search and seizure" | Texas Drug Charge Attorney Blog

Seems to me that gov't is the aggregious violator of drug and weapons trafficking.
The war on drugs and terror are an insidious method of taking our most basic liberties - the price is too dear. The gov't is too corrupt to entrust with this power.
War on terror is basically a war on fear, and our fears are what they are using against us. This is supposed to be the home of the brave.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:59 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,045,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
You mustn't of had much dealing with police or known many on a personal level...
The technology matters because just it is just like the lie of police being 'outgunned' and needing automatic weapons and armored vehicles...it makes matters worse.

No knock raids using militarised police are pretty much the norm.
And those raids require a warrant.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:19 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
No they don't. The Patriot Act fixed that problem. Don't you remember Bush arguing that warrants took too long?

Old 12-13-2011, 03:29 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,884,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
And warrants can be based upon the word of a CI,who may or may not exist,and if he does exist,may not be telling the truth.

But the only way to protect our Constitutional rights and freedoms is to restrict and abolish those freedoms...

Old 12-13-2011, 03:43 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,382,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's it....off to the FEMA concentration camp with you!

We are never going to have FEMA camps. We have never had such a thing in this country. That was only for potential Japanese enemies of the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation