Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 06:39 AM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I believe this is true for passengers that remove their masks in flight (while they aren't eating or drinking) and don't put them back on.

I simply don't understand these people that decide to fly if they are against wearing masks as per airline policy. If you don't want to wear mask, then don't fly commercially until the pandemic is completely over.
The law is not so straightforward in terms of international travel, as international travel often involves filling in numerous forms and visas or visa waivers, and the country you land in might have different legal regulations to the one you have left.

Furthermore the right of entry is up to the receiving country, and visas can be withdrawn without a country even having to give a reason.

So in terms of international travel, keeping your mask on is not just essential but it may effect your right of entry in to another country.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:07 AM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
Been wearing a stealth like mesh mask on flights without a problem. The way it’s designed no one can tell it’s a mesh mask. 100% useless like every other one.
What are you, 5 years old?? Gettin' over on the grown ups?

Old 11-01-2020, 08:21 AM

1,809 posts, read 3,190,842 times
I'm still waiting for the day where the rest of the passengers beat down the unruly anti-mask passenger for delaying their flight.

It would also be nice if the airlines shared their nofly list with other airlines. Don't wear a mask, you won't fly on any airline.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:15 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,077,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersfield View Post
It can't happen here.
Sure it can...and it should.

Personally, I'm in favor of all non-wearers being arrested (along with governors who refuse to issue mandates) and thrown into prison, preferably one with a current covid outbreak.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:15 AM

19,016 posts, read 27,574,271 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbPaIF87kC8

Old 11-01-2020, 12:38 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,473,458 times
There should be rules set forth somewhere. Beforehand (T&C when you buy your ticket), as well as after boarding (announcement). They mention the usual like wearing seatbelts, no smoking whatsoever, and complying with flight attendants' instructions. That last part should include wearing a mask whenever you're not eating nor drinking. I haven't flown since COVID-19, but I'd imagine they'll explicitly state that mask must be on whenever not eating or drinking. Don't comply, you'll have police and agents waiting for you when your flight lands, and you'll be treated like a typical unruly passenger.
There's only so much you can do during a flight, but there was a case where a Costco customer refused to wear a mask, and had his shopping cart confiscated, and told to leave the premises. Costco has a right to refuse service to such customers, and the man has the right to shop somewhere else. Problem solved.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:26 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluring Earl View Post
But what if you wait until the plane is in the air, and well on it's way to the destination, and only then do you remove your mask and refuse to put it back on?

Then what?

Are they going to turn around a plane full of passengers and go back to the departure airport, or make an emergency landing, over one person taking off their mask?
That's at the captain's discretion. One should expect an unpleasant meeting with Air Marshals on landing, and having to drive home.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:11 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,077,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
...Snip un-funny utube vid, despite the title...
You know, I enlisted in the Army (US) at 17 years of age, in part because I believed it was my *duty*, and I had the skills, to help defend my country against our enemies, to help to protect people who could not defend themselves. In this case, our 'enemy' is a virus that can kill defenseless people, and I wear a mask for the same reason. I cannot always guarantee that I have not been infected, and I believe it is my *duty* to do everything I can to avoid passing along a disease that can be deadly to some and that can leave some others suffering long-term damage.

People who attempt to defeat mask mandates are selfish bustards, and completely un-patriotic despite their pretensions. Their behavior is the very antithesis of patriotism.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:22 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Yea but what if you need the toilet?
There is more than one on a plane.

Old 11-01-2020, 09:12 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,833,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
Been wearing a stealth like mesh mask on flights without a problem. The way it’s designed no one can tell it’s a mesh mask. 100% useless like every other one.
Other than a sociopathic view of a public health situation do you have any qualifications that indicate you are equipped to deny a hundred years of infection control research and experience?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation