Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 06:20 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,473,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
Then let those afraid of a virus stay home
By that reasoning, when I walk my dog, I shouldn't have to pick up my dog's poop. If you didn't want to step in it, then stay home.

I shouldn't have to stop at a red light nor stop sign when driving. If I collide into you then stay home.

If you're worried about getting hit by someone who's texting and driving, then stay home. You know the mantra at this point... "freedum"

Old 11-04-2020, 07:29 PM

7,708 posts, read 5,449,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
By that reasoning, when I walk my dog, I shouldn't have to pick up my dog's poop. If you didn't want to step in it, then stay home.

I shouldn't have to stop at a red light nor stop sign when driving. If I collide into you then stay home.

If you're worried about getting hit by someone who's texting and driving, then stay home. You know the mantra at this point... "freedum"
one change.......freedumb

Old 11-04-2020, 09:29 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,833,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No idea why you think that. Most people are just waiting with baited breath for a vaccine.
Something smells fishy around here.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:07 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Something smells fishy around here.
LOL!! BATED.

Thanks for the correction! Typing too fast.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:09 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
one change.......freedumb
Plus 1!!

Old 11-05-2020, 11:50 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,102,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley7677 View Post
Holy crap, I had no idea mesh masks existed. That is brilliant!

About as brilliant as smoking or chewing tobacco.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:58 AM

1,361 posts, read 552,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post

I’ve flown numerous times since March and I’m fine. You’re more likely to get sick in your local grocery store than an airplane.
Exactly.

I haven't flown since last December so I haven't gotten to see how bad it is on planes yet... but I do go to the grocery store a couple times a week and have seen multiple people touching the same products and fridge door handles, etc... like it's no big deal.

I bring this up because I actually looked into maybe flying back east for Thanksgiving or Christmas. My 2 vacations this year were cancelled so I have flight credits to use and read something from Delta about "no in cabin service to limit touching"??

Really?

So millions of people can go to a grocery store every day as mentioned above but Delta won't let a stewardess hand me a drink in a plastic cup?

Do the airplanes have the big circles on the aisle floor marked 6 ft apart like they do at the grocery store? I won't refuse to wear a mask, I just won't fly. I have no problem at all wearing a mask but I don't need to be instructed on social distancing practices like I'm a 3rd grader and have signs painted on the floor in 6 foot gaps.

This is actually comical. It's no wonder airlines are going broke.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:04 PM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
Exactly.

I haven't flown since last December so I haven't gotten to see how bad it is on planes yet... but I do go to the grocery store a couple times a week and have seen multiple people touching the same products and fridge door handles, etc... like it's no big deal.

I bring this up because I actually looked into maybe flying back east for Thanksgiving or Christmas. My 2 vacations this year were cancelled so I have flight credits to use and read something from Delta about "no in cabin service to limit touching"??

Really?

So millions of people can go to a grocery store every day as mentioned above but Delta won't let a stewardess hand me a drink in a plastic cup?

Do the airplanes have the big circles on the aisle floor marked 6 ft apart like they do at the grocery store? I won't refuse to wear a mask, I just won't fly. I have no problem at all wearing a mask but I don't need to be instructed on social distancing practices like I'm a 3rd grader and have signs painted on the floor in 6 foot gaps.

This is actually comical. It's no wonder airlines are going broke.
They are going broke yes, that is exactly why they’re setting the safety standards. More people are nervous about flying because of the virus. They are doing these things to reassure people that it’s safe to fly, that they are taking precautions. There are many many more people who won’t fly because they are concerned about Covid, then who won’t fly because they are annoyed at the mask and distancing requirements.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:26 PM

1,361 posts, read 552,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They are going broke yes, that is exactly why they’re setting the safety standards. More people are nervous about flying because of the virus. They are doing these things to reassure people that it’s safe to fly, that they are taking precautions. There are many many more people who won’t fly because they are concerned about Covid, then who won’t fly because they are annoyed at the mask and distancing requirements.
Yeah makes sense... as I'm sure you can tell I'm in the latter group. Is what it is. I've worn the mask when required... like at grocery stores. There's a statewide mandate here from the governor but I work with a bunch of guys who share the same opinions that I do and they don't enforce it which is good... because working 8/10/12 hrs a day with a mask on might be OK for doctors but I'm not interested.

Been at work every day since the lockdowns began... no COVID. Guess I'm just lucky. The virus exists no doubt... I just consider it more a glorified flu than a world ending plague. If it were the latter we'd have a lot more than 230k+ dead and a lot less than 9M+ recoveries. To each their own.

May still take a holiday flight... an empty seat next to me doesn't sound all that bad. I'll just bring my own drinks.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:39 PM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
Yeah makes sense... as I'm sure you can tell I'm in the latter group. Is what it is. I've worn the mask when required... like at grocery stores. There's a statewide mandate here from the governor but I work with a bunch of guys who share the same opinions that I do and they don't enforce it which is good... because working 8/10/12 hrs a day with a mask on might be OK for doctors but I'm not interested.

Been at work every day since the lockdowns began... no COVID. Guess I'm just lucky. The virus exists no doubt... I just consider it more a glorified flu than a world ending plague. If it were the latter we'd have a lot more than 230k+ dead and a lot less than 9M+ recoveries. To each their own.

May still take a holiday flight... an empty seat next to me doesn't sound all that bad. I'll just bring my own drinks.
See, your attitude does bother me in that you don’t wear it at work. I’m not sure what kind of work you do, but my fiancé is a commercial building contractor (tile), and he complains all the time that other workmen that are on a site with him do not wear their masks even though it is New Jersey state law. He doesn’t like wearing it either, but he does it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation