Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 04:09 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,237,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Or let everyone follow the the guidelines. It's not about fear. It's about RESPECT. I'm not "afraid" of the virus, I just want everyone to respect others, and PROTECT others by doing the right thing and wearing a flipping mask. It's not hard, or painful. It doesn't make you appear weak. It makes you look like you CARE. Do you CARE about others? or just yourself?

Yeah.. Well.. We'll see how many people change their tune on THIS once a vaccine is released.

I suspect there will be a big 'ol pile of hypocrisy regarding a vaccine.

Old 11-03-2020, 05:59 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,604,466 times
It would be wonderful if there was a special bulk cargo compartment that these people could be stowed away in.

Old 11-03-2020, 06:53 PM

24,281 posts, read 13,136,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
It would be wonderful if there was a special bulk cargo compartment that these people could be stowed away in.
There is... it's called "Spirit".

Old 11-03-2020, 07:41 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,828,258 times
Nah, Spirit's making too much money selling masks to passengers who didn't bring their own.

Port Authority is going to start fining mask refusers at the three major NYC airports:

https://yourmileagemayvary.net/2020/...-anti-maskers/

Old 11-03-2020, 08:53 PM

7,708 posts, read 5,449,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Yeah.. Well.. We'll see how many people change their tune on THIS once a vaccine is released.

Meaning what, exactly?

Speaking for myself, I am looking very much forward to a vaccine, but I would feel much better about taking a vaccine that doesn't have the chubby fingerprints of an anti-scientist on it.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:18 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,383,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluring Earl View Post

Are they going to turn around a plane full of passengers and go back to the departure airport, or make an emergency landing, over one person taking off their mask?
No--but if you happened to have a connecting flight they would deny boarding. Return flight might be cancelled.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:54 AM

11,104 posts, read 9,748,456 times
Quote:

As soon as it's shown in clinical trials to be safe and effective, I will be right there in line and thrilled to get it. That way I can protect myself AND others.

Old 11-04-2020, 08:46 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:

No idea why you think that. Most people are just waiting with baited breath for a vaccine.

Old 11-04-2020, 04:38 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Meaning what, exactly?

Speaking for myself, I am looking very much forward to a vaccine, but I would feel much better about taking a vaccine that doesn't have the chubby fingerprints of an anti-scientist on it.

Ah yes.. He's been instrumental in the development of it.. Technically.. Somewhat true due to 'warp speed' and he did play a part in that.. But he didn't do that by himself, and that isn't in the scientific development side.

I can tell you, as a member of the Moderna clinical trial.. I haven't see him once. He didn't give me either shot.. I'm not sending my results to him.. He's not the one monitoring my condition..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
As soon as it's shown in clinical trials to be safe and effective, I will be right there in line and thrilled to get it. That way I can protect myself AND others.

Some will.. I suspect that some will be like the above.. "Well, I would, but Trump is behind the vaccine, so I won't take it".. You realize that many people have SOME excuse as to why they won't get it right?

Only about 50% of people say they'd be willing to get it.

How many people get the Flu shot yearly? Which is known to be safe and.. somewhat effective. Even when it's not effective at STOPPING the flu, it makes a milder case of it.

And yet.. How many times have you heard "I got a flu shot once, I then got the flu.. Never again."? Even though the flu shot literally cannot give you the flu. Or "My child developed autism after he was vaccinated" or "Vaccines cause disease".. yeah, no crap on that last one.. This one was making the rounds earlier..

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN21J6X2

Search on those things.. There's ones that say smallpox was caused by the vaccine. Polio, too.. Unfortunately.. There's a VERY small shred of truth to the last one.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383764/

However.. That being said.. Most vaccines (including the tested COVID vaccine) aren't made from the live virus anymore and there's zero chance of that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No idea why you think that. Most people are just waiting with baited breath for a vaccine.

Yes.. Everyone's awaiting it.. 50% of people to get it.. the other 50% waiting for everyone ELSE to get it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/healt...ess/index.html

Because.. You know.. They're putting tracking chips in it. And it'll give you COVID. And because Trump!

I'll let you in on a little secret.. There's a whole lotta dumbasses out there.

Vaccines that are 100% effective can't prevent outbreaks if people refuse to get vaccinated.

This.. Not the place and i've gone on too long.. But.. Mark my words.. vaccination rate in the US.. Will hover around the 50% mark. It'll help.. However.. It won't stop it.

Old 11-04-2020, 04:42 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,076,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
Then let those afraid of a virus stay home
I am staying home. I'm going to take this as you voluntarily committing to pay my salary for staying home. I am likely to croak if I get this stupid virus, or at least, if I don't die, I will probably end up in the ICU for a substantial period of time, perhaps intubated and in a coma.

There are 100+ million people in this country who are likely to suffer severe illness and/or death. If you are not one of them, then consider yourself lucky. (Although, there was just a 13 year-old with no pre-existing conditions who just died, so there are clearly no guarantees.)

It is ignorant people who don't give a rip who are killing hundreds of thousands of others. We are at over a quarter million dead so far, and it appears that we are on track to approach a million by year's end...and a whole lot of those dead are people who didn't go anywhere. Why have they died? Because *other* people have been stupid and ignorant.

Your attitude is despicable, and disgusting. This attitude represents the worst of this country, lower even than serial killers and pedophiles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation