Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 02:28 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoreisinthehouse2 View Post
2. These are kids that made a mistake. The kid who got beat is still alive. And you think they deserve to die because of it?
Get the hell out of here! A mistake? They beat the hell out of a guy, strip him of his clothes and steal his valuables, and you call that a god damn mistake? Oh what, they accidentally punched him while just practicing shadow boxing for the youth league?

A mistake is me putting the wrong date on my homework, or cutting someone off at a 4-way stop sign intersection because you were on the phone. This was a willful, deliberate, brutal and downright savage assault. They don't deserve to die but they sure deserve some long hard time in the clink to think about what they did.

It's people with your attitude of "oh they're just kids, they didn't MEAN to do it, aw don't be too harsh on them Mr. Judge they were trying to turn their lives around, they love their grandmas" that are keeping every city back. If people stopped tolerating crime then it would drop dramatically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 10:19 AM

27 posts, read 49,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Get the hell out of here! A mistake? They beat the hell out of a guy, strip him of his clothes and steal his valuables, and you call that a god damn mistake? Oh what, they accidentally punched him while just practicing shadow boxing for the youth league?

A mistake is me putting the wrong date on my homework, or cutting someone off at a 4-way stop sign intersection because you were on the phone. This was a willful, deliberate, brutal and downright savage assault. They don't deserve to die but they sure deserve some long hard time in the clink to think about what they did.

It's people with your attitude of "oh they're just kids, they didn't MEAN to do it, aw don't be too harsh on them Mr. Judge they were trying to turn their lives around, they love their grandmas" that are keeping every city back. If people stopped tolerating crime then it would drop dramatically.
i said a mistake, not an accident. Learn the difference

Old 04-30-2012, 09:05 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoreisinthehouse2 View Post
i said a mistake, not an accident. Learn the difference
Great attitude here. I get the feeling that you could see yourself doing what these kids did once upon a time.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:04 PM

759 posts, read 1,356,815 times
So Now What?

Last week Baltimore Police made their fourth and final arrest of the suspects wanted for the beating, robbery, and sexual assault of a Virginia man visiting Baltimore last St. Patrick's Day. You all remember, the incident that got this whole thread started. Here are a few photos:

Bail Reduced For Man Arrested In Videotaped Downtown Beating « CBS Baltimore

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/Woman-arrested-in-St-Patrick-s-Day-assault/- (broken link)

Nice looking bunch of All-American kids, huh? Blogs and newspaper articles reveal: Surprise! Previous arrest records involving assaults, drugs, gang affiliations, fraud, etc., etc.
So what's going to happen to these poor, down-trodden children? Will society turn its collective back on them once again? Will they get the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, two hundredth chance they so desperately deserve? Bail has been reduced for a couple of them already...
All kidding aside, I was utterly flabbergasted when City police actively pursued this case, and actually arrested these suspects. Would they have done so if not for the viral video?
How do you think this case will resolve, substantial jail time or slaps on the wrist with a promise not to misbehave on camera in the future?
Which, and why?

Old 05-02-2012, 07:05 PM

805 posts, read 2,115,268 times
I'm happy the police got the kids. Now I want to see the punishment which I have a feeling will be a slap on the wrist.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:23 PM
rfp

333 posts, read 690,208 times
Looks like somebody snitched.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:32 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.K. View Post
So Now What?

Last week Baltimore Police made their fourth and final arrest of the suspects wanted for the beating, robbery, and sexual assault of a Virginia man visiting Baltimore last St. Patrick's Day. You all remember, the incident that got this whole thread started. Here are a few photos:

Bail Reduced For Man Arrested In Videotaped Downtown Beating « CBS Baltimore

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/Woman-arrested-in-St-Patrick-s-Day-assault/- (broken link)

Nice looking bunch of All-American kids, huh? Blogs and newspaper articles reveal: Surprise! Previous arrest records involving assaults, drugs, gang affiliations, fraud, etc., etc.
So what's going to happen to these poor, down-trodden children? Will society turn its collective back on them once again? Will they get the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, two hundredth chance they so desperately deserve? Bail has been reduced for a couple of them already...
All kidding aside, I was utterly flabbergasted when City police actively pursued this case, and actually arrested these suspects. Would they have done so if not for the viral video?
How do you think this case will resolve, substantial jail time or slaps on the wrist with a promise not to misbehave on camera in the future?
Which, and why?
What difference does it make how they look? What they did was heinous, whether they were blond white girls or 'suspicious' looking black men. People are so caught up on the what these suspects look like and they aren't really seeing the issue here. Race really isn't a clear issue here. There is no concrete proof that this man was attacked because he was white, but yet race continues to be brought up.

I understand that you as well as some other posters believe black men are causing a lot of issues in this country, but my question is what are you doing about it, instead of just coming on the internet and complaining about it?

Old 05-03-2012, 05:36 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfp View Post
Looks like somebody snitched.
Good. It means someone did the right thing.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:53 AM

70 posts, read 136,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
What difference does it make how they look? What they did was heinous, whether they were blond white girls or 'suspicious' looking black men. People are so caught up on the what these suspects look like and they aren't really seeing the issue here. Race really isn't a clear issue here. There is no concrete proof that this man was attacked because he was white, but yet race continues to be brought up.

I understand that you as well as some other posters believe black men are causing a lot of issues in this country, but my question is what are you doing about it, instead of just coming on the internet and complaining about it?
See, this is the attitude I just find absolutely bizarre... Why would you call out the commenter and ask what he or she is doing to solve the problem? What in the world do you expect them to do?

My point is that the responsibility to do the right thing falls on the shoulders' of the people involved in the crime. NOT YOU OR ME. If they chose to assault someone and break the law, then they need to be punished. This attitude that someone else needs to swoop in and 'help' them make better choices is well-intentioned, but I think we've seen over and over again that it simply doesn't work.

Personal responsibility starts with the individual. Period. And if they can't figure that out and become citizens who contribute, then they'll end up in jail or worse. Enough with being the perpetual victim.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:12 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,236,916 times
People need to stop blaming others for their own shortcomings and "position" in life. Being poor, from "the hood", from a trailer park, etc. does not matter. You can blame the man all you want, but at some point you need to realize that will only go so far. You put up your own walls.

These people did what they did because their community, their "street", says that it is acceptable and ok. As a community, it is not ok. As a community we all have the responsibility to change perceptions and build better lives. These people need to realize that respect comes from using your intelligence, from behaving and acting like a civilized member of society; not from fear; not from intimidation; not from being tough, street, thug, etc. Malcolm X, MLK, Jr., The Black Panthers, et. al. knew that a book was a more powerful weapon than a gun.

What will happen to those who have been arrested? Honestly, I think they will be used as an example. They won't get ten years in prison, but I'll bet they get the maximum sentence the crimes they are charged with carrier.

Then again, the Eliyahu and Avi Werdesheim case that is expected to be decided on this afternoon may bury the St. Paddy's Day event to the back page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore