Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 09:00 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times

Advertisements

OFFICER NERO NOT GUILTY ON ALL CHARGES

YESSSSSSSSSS JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED.

5 MORE ACQUITTALS TO GO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 09:14 AM

222 posts, read 271,276 times
I think the driver will have the best shot at getting anything significant.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:47 AM

45,434 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Freddie Gray case: Officer Nero found not guilty of all charges - Baltimore Sun

You beat me to it although I was going to post it in the main Maryland Forum. Whatever happens, or doesn't happen, impacts the entire State.

Not really a surprise and good lawyering on the part of Nero's attorneys asking for a bench trial. I expect to see that with some of the rest (including Porter's re-trial).

Old 05-23-2016, 10:00 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times
Got yet another former criminal turned "reverend", bitching on TV because it wasn't a trial a by jury, it wasn't the will of the "community"... We all know what that means.

yep I believe the first officer was one juror away from being acquitted. Yep. Going to be a tough road for prosecution.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:07 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
So very glad to see that Judge Williams ruled based on the facts of the case instead of railroading the officer to satisfy the bloodlust of the community activists.

I have a soft spot in my heart for this judge, because he is the one who presided over the finalization hearing for my son's adoption, way back when. He struck me as a kind, friendly man. I remember him saying how happy he was to be doing the finalization, because it was the only time that people actually wanted to be in his courtroom!

And now, I'm glad to see that his first loyalty is to the cause of justice for all.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:16 AM

857 posts, read 1,201,557 times
the cops couldve held a sign on a live camera during this incident that says "im blatantly violating protocol and this mans civil rights" and he still wouldve got off.....it takes nearly an act of god to successfully prosecute and punish a cop when they do wrong simply because the cops are the establishments and the elites first line of defense against anyone they deem "undesirable". The police depts primary goal is to protect the rich from the poor, and enforce the "law" and the status quo. In inner cities their sole presence is to do damage control and the make sure the "animals" dont wreak havoc outside the "cage".

In short im not surprised.

But whats gonna happen by sundown is the real question....another round of riots? I already anticipate racist bigoted comments on boards like these and other online forums. Keep in mind people thought they could say those same things to antagonize peaceful protesters in real life and well.....we saw happened....

Old 05-23-2016, 10:34 AM

7,023 posts, read 11,320,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Got yet another former criminal turned "reverend", bitching on TV because it wasn't a trial a by jury, it wasn't the will of the "community"... We all know what that means.

yep I believe the first officer was one juror away from being acquitted. Yep. Going to be a tough road for prosecution.
Trial by jury exists to protect the ACCUSED, not to satisfy the whims of the masses. Back in the day, the judge was the agent of the King or the Lord (or WAS your Lord.) Considering judges collect a state salary and are appointed by the Governor, they still are in a way. Having the right to your peers determining whether the evidence exists to find you guilty, or not, was a huge step forward.

Calling for a bench trial almost always means the defendant doesn't find "his peers" to be trustworthy. It only takes one juror holding out to avoid conviction, so unless the attorney and defendant feel the jury pool is inherently biased, they avoid bench trials. It is much harder to work one over on the legal expert in the room, as opposed to creating doubt in one lay person on the jury panel.

Last edited by westsideboy; 05-23-2016 at 10:44 AM..

Old 05-23-2016, 11:34 AM

777 posts, read 882,228 times
Not suprised since Baltimore City Government is corrupt to the core.
From the bench to the boys in blue, Mobtown does not skip a beat
in the parade of crooked pathways.

It didn't help that the charges were not well thought out giving
rats slippery holes to escape through.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:41 AM

5,861 posts, read 3,301,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
the cops couldve held a sign on a live camera during this incident that says "im blatantly violating protocol and this mans civil rights" and he still wouldve got off.....it takes nearly an act of god to successfully prosecute and punish a cop when they do wrong simply because the cops are the establishments and the elites first line of defense against anyone they deem "undesirable". The police depts primary goal is to protect the rich from the poor, and enforce the "law" and the status quo. In inner cities their sole presence is to do damage control and the make sure the "animals" dont wreak havoc outside the "cage".

In short im not surprised.

But whats gonna happen by sundown is the real question....another round of riots? I already anticipate racist bigoted comments on boards like these and other online forums. Keep in mind people thought they could say those same things to antagonize peaceful protesters in real life and well.....we saw happened....
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Not suprised since Baltimore City Government is corrupt to the core.
From the bench to the boys in blue, Mobtown does not skip a beat
in the parade of crooked pathways.

It didn't help that the charges were not well thought out giving
rats slippery holes to escape through.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Mob justice denied!!!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2016, 12:20 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,065,140 times
Not surprised at all to hear that sort of crap from someone who calls themselves "shooter" and "feck." Keep on thugging, and hope you end up in a taxpayer-sponsored 3x8 cell rather than taxpayee-sponsored city apartment for a good long while sooner rather than later, before you shoot someone or give us 10 more illegitimate children to support after all that fecking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore