Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who wins it all?
Heat in 4 1 2.86%
Heat in 5 2 5.71%
Heat in 6 9 25.71%
Heat in 7 4 11.43%
Mavs in 4 1 2.86%
Mavs in 5 2 5.71%
Mavs in 6 15 42.86%
Mavs in 7 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 05:56 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times

Advertisements

I missed the entire second half last night, what's with these teams surrendering 10+ point leads with 3 minutes left? Dallas has done it( vs Portland), OKC did it( vs Dallas) and Chicago did it( vs Miami), and now Miami. Sheesh man, let the clock run down on each possession, and tighten up on D!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 05:58 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Because they lost. Are you really suggesting its scripted?!
So a camera just magically appears in the dallas arena when the mavs tie the game?

Old 06-03-2011, 07:21 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So a camera just magically appears in the dallas arena when the mavs tie the game?
Cameras have been there the whole time and last game. Are you serious? You think the players are good enough to script a game? Youve never seen that before, they even do that in big college games where the home fans gathered at the home arena.....

Old 06-03-2011, 08:35 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:

Aren't there big screens at the away teams' arenas for fans to watch the game together?

Old 06-03-2011, 09:01 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The Heat ran out of gas as the big three couldn't keep up the pace with the deeper Mavericks team. This is how the Mavs can beat the Heat IMO. Run them into the ground in the 4th quarter. The Heat were all over the Mavs earlier in the game, tracking each pass and smothering their players. In the 4th quarter, the Mavs were able to find the open man because the Heat were too tired to cover all the passing. I do like Wade, but I have to admit. I felt pretty damn good when the Mavs pulled it out.

I'd like to see Dirk, Marion, and Kidd finally get a ring. Count me among those who don't care for caveman Lebron.
They didn't run out of gas. But they did take their foot off the gas.

Fatigue had nothing to do with last night's collapse. It was the intramural league, panic-mode three point shooting in the last 2 minutes that cost them the game.

Last night's game reminded me more of a college hoops game than an NBA game. One of the dumbest moments of the night, I thought, was Haslem's attempted save. As ESPN explains it:

And then Haslem made a crucial mistake.

Instead of letting the ball go out of bounds -- which would have given the Heat the possession with yet another full shot clock -- Haslem decided to save it. Why? It’s unclear, but Haslem must have assumed Terry or the nearby Kidd would be chasing to recover the possession -- but they hadn’t. They just sat back and watched Haslem grab the ball and blindly chuck it down the court as his body bounced off the base of the basket.

Haslem didn’t need to save the ball but he did -- and it might have unintentionally saved the Mavericks' chances in the game. Haslem’s desperate pass out happened to ricochet off the hands of Chalmers and James, who fought over the same live ball.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoopmiam...ession-of-doom

Last edited by BajanYankee; 06-03-2011 at 09:13 AM..

Old 06-03-2011, 09:14 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
The Mavs seem to have adjusted their defense pretty well. its really upto the team themsleves and how good they play. The depth of the bench is going to be important also.That is the one Mavs advanatge at this level of play in the two best.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
I don't care if the Mavs win, I just want Miami to lose.

"An enemy of an enemy is my friend."

Old 06-03-2011, 09:28 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,239,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
This was like a boxing match...MIAMI HEAT won the whole fight up until the last seconds when the other fighter got a lucky knock out punch....if I was Dallas I wouldn't rely on that kind of win in one game to take this whole series....we'll see though....I still feel Miami wins this whole thing in 6 games..
On the flip-side, in some ways Miami dominated Game 1 yet they didn't pull away until late in the game, so Dallas has shown they can take some body blows too and hang tough.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:21 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,281 times
Quote:
As somebody who lives in DFW I can assure you that the cameras have been there for both games 1 and 2. After the loss of game 1, ABC's local station turned them on to show all the fans cheering for the Mavs even after they had already lost. The only reason why they showed them nationally on game 2 is because they won and wanted to get the crowds reaction.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:47 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Something that's been missing from the past two finals now that I would like to see back is the Larry logo at mid-court. Just seems incomplete without it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball