Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who wins it all?
Heat in 4 1 2.86%
Heat in 5 2 5.71%
Heat in 6 9 25.71%
Heat in 7 4 11.43%
Mavs in 4 1 2.86%
Mavs in 5 2 5.71%
Mavs in 6 15 42.86%
Mavs in 7 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 03:36 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
More importantly, LeBron James is a considerably better player than David Robinson was
All I did was disagree with this statement.

Quote:
Okay, prove your point - show me and everyone else how David Robinson is better than LeBron James.
Just look at the NBA records that he holds.

I would suspect LeBron will end up having a better career but as of now I don't think his career compares to the Admiral.

It's just my opinion bro.

Right now I would say Lebron folds like a cheap suit when it counts, will he ever step up when it counts? Time will tell. Maybe he'll just have to find another team to piggyback on to get his rings.

I didn't verify this; Lebrons team is 2-7 in the NBA finals and he has never scored more than 5 points in the 4th quarter of any Finals game? Just on that alone I'd say he isn't that great. The Great ones step up.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 06-10-2011 at 04:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 03:48 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Lebron with 2 points in the 4th quarter
He had zero pts, that 2 pts came when the game was out of reach with 20 secs left

Old 06-10-2011, 04:33 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,239,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
All I did was disagree with this statement.

Just look at the NBA records that he holds.

I would suspect LeBron will end up having a better career but as of now I don't think his career compares to the Admiral.

It's just my opinion bro.

Right now I would say Lebron folds like a cheap suit when it counts, will he ever step up when it counts? Time will tell. Maybe he'll just have to find another team to piggyback on to get his rings.
So you're saying David Robinson is better because he has better career stats than LeBron James. Considering Robinson played something like twice as many seasons in the NBA as James has played up to this point, I'd certainly hope Robinson would have better career stats, especially considering that David Robinson is in the basketball Hall of Fame. Saying Robinson is better than James because he has better career stats is a little like saying Tony Perez is better than Albert Pujols because Perez has better career stats.

Incidentally, I agree that LeBron James has shown many times that his ability to elevate his game in big games is questionable, and he should be called out on that. All I'm saying is that the same is true of David Robinson (I can't help but think of Robinson, the 1994-95 league MVP, getting badly outplayed by Hakeem Olajuwon in that season's Western Conference finals), and Robinson's "normal" play wasn't as good as James' "normal" play.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
So you're saying David Robinson is better because he has better career stats than LeBron James. Considering Robinson played something like twice as many seasons in the NBA as James has played up to this point, I'd certainly hope Robinson would have better career stats, especially considering that David Robinson is in the basketball Hall of Fame. Saying Robinson is better than James because he has better career stats is a little like saying Tony Perez is better than Albert Pujols because Perez has better career stats.

Incidentally, I agree that LeBron James has shown many times that his ability to elevate his game in big games is questionable, and he should be called out on that. All I'm saying is that the same is true of David Robinson (I can't help but think of Robinson, the 1994-95 league MVP, getting badly outplayed by Hakeem Olajuwon in that season's Western Conference finals), and Robinson's "normal" play wasn't as good as James' "normal" play.
Fair enough. Good point about the "normal" play.

Spurs should have been playing the Suns instead of the Rockets that year.

YouTube - ‪NBA Playoffs 1995: Ellie Sinks Suns‬‏

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Hakeem totally school Shaq in the Finals that year though.

Sigh. NBA isn't what it used to be. Nothing beats that stretch from the mid 80's to the mid/late 90's. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I didn't verify this; he has never scored more than 5 points in the 4th quarter of any Finals game?
Edit; This is false, shame on whoever was on the radio spouting this BS.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:07 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
Dave Robinson played during the 1989–2003 yrs. IMO, the competition back in those yrs was more intense.

You can't really compare Rob (center) with Lebron (sml forward).

Go Mavs! I hope Kidd gets his ring!

Old 06-11-2011, 12:13 AM

110 posts, read 310,774 times
Default Tell me

What are your predictions on who will win

Old 06-11-2011, 09:45 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidak-apa View Post
What are your predictions on who will win
The practice of tightening up at the end of games may or may not be a tell-tale sign that the Heat will fade as the series reaches its climax, but I can't see them playing well under those pressure situations if they couldn't up until now.

I'll stick with my original pick (Mavs in 6), but it'll be big time fun - and anyone's game - if it goes 7.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:45 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
2011 NBA Finals: It's not hard to imagine the Heat as the good guys - latimes.com

Old 06-12-2011, 09:28 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Why does it seem like ABC/ESPN is rooting for the Mavs?

Have you noticed that there were no video footage of the Miami Heat fans watching the game in Miami in Game 3, 4, or 5 like it was in Dallas during Game 2?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball