Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2013 NBA Champ
Miami Heat 19 26.39%
San Antonio Spurs 53 73.61%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 10:31 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,509,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Not happy with the way that game ended. It made a classic game be overshadowed by some shady officiating. No way was that a clean block and Ginobili was hit across the arm on the drive. At least one of those calls should be made.
I agree. There were some key calls at the end of the game plus some questionable coaching. Wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Jza

259 posts, read 379,985 times
What a game. Nice quiet triple double by James. Ginobili was awful, terrible passes and sloppy on offense. Heat's 3 point shooting was very strong. Imagine how much better a player LeBron James would be if he didn't stand their complaining every time both teams players run down the court without him... Guess that comes with being called the KING or the CHOSEN ONE since you were a teenager dominating all the undersized opponents. They're not gonna hand you the trophy Mr. James, you have to earn it. Guy is a great player and his game has evolved to improve so much, just has to toughen up that psyche some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Nice run by the Spurs, they aren't winning Thursday night. Lebron thanks to Ray Allen and the Spurs foul shooting will get his 2nd ring. I hope this ends all comparisons with Jordan.
Hope this game hasn't taken all the air our of them and they get run over by Miami in game 7, but I fear it's a forgone conclusion and you are right. The comparisons to Jordan are a stretch and a bit much, but LJ sure is good.

The no call on Ginobili's drive didn't bug me, looked like he traveled anyway. Manu sucked today.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:33 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,025,817 times
I think those missed free throws is what lost the game for the Spurs. If they make a few of those shots, its a good chance they win the series. Can't blame the refs for that.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,025,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza View Post
The no call on Ginobili's drive didn't bug me, looked like he traveled anyway. Manu sucked today.
Exactly he looked like a running back with the ball. Travel.ng should have been the call.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:35 PM

45,598 posts, read 27,230,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I think those missed free throws is what lost the game for the Spurs. If they make a few of those shots, its a good chance they win the series. Can't blame the refs for that.
One by Ginobili, one by Leonard

Old 06-18-2013, 10:36 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,547,338 times
Spurs choked this game away...unbelievable...thought Duncan would get his 5th ring....i felt Spurs had to win game 6 to win the title and if only they had hit just a couple FTs down the stretch...i doubt they win game 7 now....i wonder if duncan ran out of gas in the 4th....heat fans leaving the arena too with just under a minute left..

Last edited by JL; 06-18-2013 at 10:55 PM..

Old 06-18-2013, 10:41 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,052,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Spurs choked this game away...unbelievable...thought Duncan would get his 5th ring....i felt Spurs had to win game 6 to win the title and if only they had hit just a couple FTs down the stretch...i doubt they win game 7 now.

Most of the country thought the Spurs won the title. I was preparing to go to bed and then Ray Allen hit that fade away 3 pointer

Old 06-18-2013, 10:42 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,995,364 times
The Ginobili drive was questionable and could have been called a travel or a foul, but the Danny Green shot was not. Bosh hit him before he even blocked the shot. There was a ton of body contact.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:44 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,147,376 times
Manu almost had a double-double ... 9 pts, 8 TOs

Old 06-18-2013, 10:49 PM

55 posts, read 65,342 times
I wouldn't like to focuse on some 50/50 calls in this game. Why? Because here would be no discusion if Pop made right decisions in the 4 quater. Obviously Greg is outstanding coach but today he didn't help his team.

1. Spurs +10. 4 quater. Audience is quiet. Pop shouldn't put bench player to play because that allowed miami to make this game tight. if he decided to play with best players maybe Spurs would increase the lead to +15 or keep in on +10 which would make miami feel more stressed and audience would start to feel that there is no hope any more. The factor of audience is very important and is the huge advantage for the hosts.

2. +5 30 seconds to end. Small line up. Why no Splitter, why no Bonner why no Duncan. Miami off rebounded 2 times the b ball which let them to shot 2 priceless 3 pointers which lead to over time.

3. Why duncan was playing in the 4 quater. We all noticed that he was out of power after astonishing 1 half. Spiltter started this period really well shoting 2 really tough shots.

Spurs should have won this game. They were better as a team. Far better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball