Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2013 NBA Champ
Miami Heat 19 26.39%
San Antonio Spurs 53 73.61%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 11:37 PM

55 posts, read 65,342 times

Advertisements

Duncan in the first 24 minutes was just a all star player . But they he loses his spirit and it was worthy to try with splitter instead of staying with duncan who was useless in the last 12minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 12:14 AM
Jza

259 posts, read 379,985 times
Yeah I think Tim "The best Power Forward ever" (not debating for or against, just this title has been thrust upon him by many) was living up to his rep in the first half. I think he had 25 points at the half, and a poultry 5 points in the second. Pop is a GREAT coach, but I feel the Heat didn't take the game from the Spurs as much as the Spurs beat themselves. The formula the Spurs were using in the first half (defensively) seemed to have been abandoned in the second. Manu should have been pulled earlier than he was as well.

I don't have a horse in the race but something in me wants to see the Spurs take it. Might be LeBron's arrogance on the court... and I'm a big fan of his game otherwise.

Spurs still have a chance in game 7. I just hope Wade stays quiet and doesn't revert to old Dwayne Wade... he scares me. I think if you ripped off Wades head and put it on LeBron's body you'd finally have a player you could compare to MJ heh.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:38 AM

55 posts, read 65,342 times
It's a shame that we are having game 7. This final should be over now. 4:2 and end. Now Spurs have limited their chances and it's 3:3...Shame as hell. +4 ball and 30 seconds left...That's not Bucks, nor unexperianced Indiana but Spurs.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:29 AM

6,843 posts, read 10,978,604 times
I've been telling my cousins (who are visiting me right now from California) that Ginobili is a cancer to the team. Every single time he has the ball, the man does something stupid and it always ends in a turnover. He single handedly in my opinion lost Spurs this series. Every game besides the last one, he attempts 3 pointers that he has no chance making.

Spurs need to bench him, not start him if they want to win. They're putting too much stock and confidence in a guy that's way washed up.

I'm a Lakers fan but I'm siding with the Spurs. I go for my conference and plus if they win, at least I can say we lost to the champions. You would have to pay me to cheer for the Heat to win. While I give them credit for where it's due and hold nothing against any of them (aside from Dwyane Wade breaking Kobe's nose and making fun of Dirk and riding LeBron to an "easy championship").

Wade's the reason I could never support the Heat. Get LeBron to the Lakers in 2014, it would be an honor to have him and Kobe suit up, I don't care about Dwight, let him walk.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:37 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,485,535 times
The Heat is OOoooonnnnn!!!

Old 06-19-2013, 02:20 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
This series seems so damn scripted. Sucks. Spurs have them beat for 3 quarters, then suddenly LeBron saves the day with 4 quarter heroics after looking like a doofus in game 5. Something smells rotten here. The overexposure and promotion of LeBron is pretty pathetic.

Go Spurs!

Old 06-19-2013, 06:44 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,117,381 times
Man....talk about getting bailed out. The Spurs lost that game more than the Heat won it.

Kawhi Leonard must be on suicide watch right now. If he makes his free throws with 20 seconds left, Ray Allen's 3 is irrelevant.

Bosh made some good hustle plays down the stretch, and even though Bron screwed up a few times, he was clutch with that second chance 3. Really exciting game. I could see Miami destroying the Spurs in game 7. Bron and company are going to be on a mission.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:53 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,100,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Man....talk about getting bailed out. The Spurs lost that game more than the Heat won it.

Kawhi Leonard must be on suicide watch right now. If he makes his free throws with 20 seconds left, Ray Allen's 3 is irrelevant.

Bosh made some good hustle plays down the stretch, and even though Bron screwed up a few times, he was clutch with that second chance 3. Really exciting game. I could see Miami destroying the Spurs in game 7. Bron and company are going to be on a mission.
i would put that more on parker and manu with the missed free throws. i mean leonard is 21 yrs old, 2nd year, never been there and tony is a finals mvp, manu and tony both 3 time champs. leonards missed ft is easily the most forgivable.

bosh made a huge hustle play when he knocked into the 3rd row on that 3 point attempt with no call.

the real question is, did this loss hurt the spurs mentally? did the heat give every thing they had?

Old 06-19-2013, 07:09 AM

45,606 posts, read 27,230,182 times
Don' t know if this was mentioned but the Spurs could have gotten a much better shot at the end of regulation had Danny Crawford not stopped play after Allen's 3-ball.

The play really should not have been stopped. There was no question it was a 3. Crawford was positioned near half court. The ref closest to the play was in perfect position.

Now on LBJ's 3-ball, play was not stopped because Crawford was the closest to the play and saw it was a three.

My point is that I think Crawford wanted to be sure for himself that Allen's 3 was valid instead of trusting the accuracy of the other refs. Bad stoppage of play.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,767,213 times
Three questions...

1. Why wasn't Tim Duncan in the game during that last play in regulation (when Jesus Shuttlesworth drained the 3)?

2. Why didn't Manu or Pop call timeout in OT after Danny Green's spectacular play?

3. Why is your only PG on the bench in that situation, leaving an out-of-control Ginobili to hoist a foolish shot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball