Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 11:18 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times

Advertisements

Have to give props to Durant for carrying OKC. He is playing amazing right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 02:55 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,006 times
Durant is playing amazing right now. Hopefully he can keep it up. I think it also lit a match under Melo mentally.

I'm a Heat fan but I have to say the Spurs / Heat rematch is getting really bad coverage. Lots of talk about the Heat win and Wade coming off the bench. 3 of the Spurs best players didn't play though. Come playoff time Kawhi Leonard is going to be all over LeBron, Green is going to be adding in the 3 ball, and Splitter will go a long way in backing Timmy. As much as I like the Heat and the win I think its a bit unfair to ignore that Spurs were not anywhere near full strength.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:47 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Durant is playing amazing right now. Hopefully he can keep it up. I think it also lit a match under Melo mentally.

I'm a Heat fan but I have to say the Spurs / Heat rematch is getting really bad coverage. Lots of talk about the Heat win and Wade coming off the bench. 3 of the Spurs best players didn't play though. Come playoff time Kawhi Leonard is going to be all over LeBron, Green is going to be adding in the 3 ball, and Splitter will go a long way in backing Timmy. As much as I like the Heat and the win I think its a bit unfair to ignore that Spurs were not anywhere near full strength.

I think Wade should retire if the Heat wins the title.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:53 PM
FBJ

Dallas is quietly winning in the West and ESPN has not said a thing about them.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:06 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post

Durant is going nuts and is likely MVP this year. Unless Lebron starts going nuts soon which will happen at some point just don't know if it will last long enough or be enough. Right now with no Westbrook Durant deserves it.

As for the Heat Spurs game it was nice to see the Heat locked in for much of the game. Love games where the Heat win and Lebron does not need to play in the 4th. As for the guys who were out Leonard being out is the only big thing IMO. Ayers played pretty well, Green has had a really off year so far too and so much of it is in the Pop system. You can put a ton of guys in there as long as they have their big 3. The Spurs have also only one 1 game against the best 8 in the league I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabottom View Post
I think Wade should retire if the Heat wins the title.
He is not retiring for at least another 2-3 years especially if they win again this year.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:10 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Durant is going nuts and is likely MVP this year. Unless Lebron starts going nuts soon which will happen at some point just don't know if it will last long enough or be enough. Right now with no Westbrook Durant deserves it.

As for the Heat Spurs game it was nice to see the Heat locked in for much of the game. Love games where the Heat win and Lebron does not need to play in the 4th. As for the guys who were out Leonard being out is the only big thing IMO. Ayers played pretty well, Green has had a really off year so far too and so much of it is in the Pop system. You can put a ton of guys in there as long as they have their big 3. The Spurs have also only one 1 game against the best 8 in the league I believe.

He is not retiring for at least another 2-3 years especially if they win again this year.

I'm just saying that because it's clear he has a arthritic knee and not getting any younger. So if the Heat win the title he will have 4 Rings at the age of 33 which should be enough due to his health.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:04 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,006 times
Quote:
I'm just saying that because it's clear he has a arthritic knee and not getting any younger. So if the Heat win the title he will have 4 Rings at the age of 33 which should be enough due to his health.
I think if anything he'll drop down to the 14 Mil range and play a much reduced role a bit like Manu Ginobili.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I'm not sure he is going to last that long. He has an injury that doesn't really go away. He's going to have a hard time playing on that knee consistently. At best, he will play sporadically like he is this year if he plays another 2-3 years. Either way, no team can depend on him every game.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:12 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,422,980 times
Quote:
Because they're not the exciting team like Portland, GS, OKC, or LAC. They're a bunch of old dogs, and yes I do agree they probably aren't getting the coverage they probably should but they also are only at 8th place. 6-4 in the last 10.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
They are still an 8th seed team. They need to move up in the pack for it to be worth a conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball