Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 11:49 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,126,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
The Maloof brothers had a man-crush on Jimmer so the Kings selected him. Still shaking my head on this wasted pick.

It's been hard being a Kings fan.

they just needed to free jimmmer, let everyone else play defense and he wouldve scored 30 pts a game easy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 08:39 AM

653 posts, read 784,372 times
Better put that degree to good use Jimmer...

Old 11-23-2015, 08:43 AM

He made good money in his 4 years as an NBA player. He should be financially secured.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:23 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
I don't know if Jimmer has an attitude or not, but I think lack of size/athleticism has much more to do with his career trajectory than anything else.

To be fair though, he did everything that was asked of him at Sacramento. The coaching staff wanted him to tone down his offense and only takes good shots. By his third season, he was shooting 47.5% from the floor and a whooping 49.3% from threes in 41 games played with the Kings. You don't shoot that well unless you takes good shots or your last name is Curry.

He was asked to improve his handle, and he eventually became an average ball handler. During his rookie year, he'd lose the ball every time he was trapped. By season 3, he only loses it 1/3 of the time - still bad but much improved. He also improved his passing and added a floater that wasn't part of his arsenal before.

Essentially he went from a guy who was not good enough play in the NBA to a possible bench player in three years. I honestly think he worked very hard to get to that level.

I think his game is good enough now to be an off the bench instant offense, maybe a slower less athletic Lou Williams. When he entered the league, he literally could not do anything but shoot the threes... and he wasn't even that good in catch and shoot (which was a problem for someone who can't create). Now, he is much improved in catch and shoot, has a mid range game, and some niffty moves he could show off once a while. Defense is still a huge problem, he may very well be the worst defender in the league.

He and the Spurs are never a good fit. He needs a team that is desperate for outside shooting and don't care or has a way to compensate his defense.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:06 AM

^^Yeah, Im surprised there hasnt been a good fit. He has shown flashes of brilliance.

The Westchester Knicks have reacquired Jimmer Fredette - Posting and Toasting

Old 11-29-2015, 03:14 PM

Fredette expected to debut with D-League Knicks on Monday

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fredett...7813--nba.html

Old 12-01-2015, 12:46 AM

Jimmer Fredette pours in 37 in unreal D-League Knicks debut

Jimmer Fredette pours in 37 in unreal D-League Knicks debut | New York Post

Old 12-01-2015, 09:30 AM

Shooters normally find a spot on an NBA team, I mean, Steve Novak has stuck around the league for a while and he is nothing more than a spot-up shooter. He can't even put the ball on the floor... For some reason though, Jimmer can't seem to stick. He plays the 1, so he has to guard some pretty good players every night, even though he's not a starter since star PGs usually play upwards of 30+ minutes a night.

He should keep J.J. Redick's number on speed dial and pick his brain on how he went from just a shooter to a legit starting 2-guard.

This is an impressive start for him in the D-League, but it is the D-League...

Old 12-01-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeros318 View Post
Shooters normally find a spot on an NBA team, I mean, Steve Novak has stuck around the league for a while and he is nothing more than a spot-up shooter. He can't even put the ball on the floor... For some reason though, Jimmer can't seem to stick. He plays the 1, so he has to guard some pretty good players every night, even though he's not a starter since star PGs usually play upwards of 30+ minutes a night.

He should keep J.J. Redick's number on speed dial and pick his brain on how he went from just a shooter to a legit starting 2-guard.

This is an impressive start for him in the D-League, but it is the D-League...
Oh I agree totally but it's still pretty good competition and if you watch the clip he makes it looks so easy. I've gotta believe it's more his defensive skills and he probably has a harder time not being the offensive focus.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:48 PM

10,567 posts, read 7,772,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I don't know if Jimmer has an attitude or not, but I think lack of size/athleticism has much more to do with his career trajectory than anything else.
Should he wear one of those shirts with the logo "I may be short, but I'm slow"?
He wouldn't get to the rim too much in the NBA, as he did in the D league clip, and if he did many of the attempts would be rejected. And then there's the liability on defense...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball