Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2017, 01:11 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
No, the Cavs definitely won't lay down.

Hard fouls have no place in the game, and to their credit neither team seems inclined to go in that direction.
Kobe disagrees.
https://twitter.com/kobebryant/statu...02211040075776
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 01:13 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,035,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
So LeBron came back to Cleveland by himself ?

He's quoted the other day saying he brought 8 or 9 guys with him to Miami and Cleveland lol
Where do you get that number from?
He brought Zydrunas Ilgauskas to Miami and Mike Miller plus James Jones to Cleveland, all 3 guys were in their mid-30's.

Old 06-10-2017, 01:18 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post

Old 06-10-2017, 01:36 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,671,973 times
Lmao

Old 06-10-2017, 04:25 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
I know it's probably not going to happen as they'll likely win by at least 15 on Monday, but how funny would it be if the Warriors blew this series lead?? Last year would become the all time regular season wins leader and the first team (I believe) to blow a 3-1 series lead in the finals, then during the offseason add the second best player in the league, were 1 win away from becoming the first team to ever have a perfect playoffs, and then become the joke of the town becoming the first NBA team to blow a 3-0 lead in ANY series. Really, that's the only thing worth watching now. If games 3 & 4 were reversed, game 5, imo, wouldn't even be worth watching.....and likely game 6, if it got there, either.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:43 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I know it's probably not going to happen as they'll likely win by at least 15 on Monday, but how funny would it be if the Warriors blew this series lead?? Last year would become the all time regular season wins leader and the first team (I believe) to blow a 3-1 series lead in the finals, then during the offseason add the second best player in the league, were 1 win away from becoming the first team to ever have a perfect playoffs, and then become the joke of the town becoming the first NBA team to blow a 3-0 lead in ANY series. Really, that's the only thing worth watching now. If games 3 & 4 were reversed, game 5, imo, wouldn't even be worth watching.....and likely game 6, if it got there, either.
It depends how hard the league tries to make it happen. If all things are even, I wouldn't mind seeing a competitive series after all, even as a GSW fan.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:11 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I can sense that little bit of doubt I talked about earlier in people's minds now, Warrior fans, Cav fans, commentators, etc.

The Cavs almost won game 3, and should have but for some bad plays and bad luck. However, they clearly rode that momentum into game 4, and spanked the Warriors playing the exact kind of style they played last year, and the style they play when they are at their physical, intimidating best.

I see a lot of this "the Warriors should come out on fire and win by 20 points Monday, BUT...."

Kyrie and Lebron have been consistent throughout these playoffs and finals. So it's safe to assume they will continue to do so on Monday. As long as the others play decently, Love, JR, even Korver with some dagger three's, that's all they need. It's also safe to assume the Cavs won't be shooting that same outrageous percentage on Monday. However, the Cavs don't need that. All they need to do is to continue to play hard and get under the Warrior's skins. They CAN win close games. The fact that Green was more concerned with complaining yesterday and Curry wilting and giving up, shows you they were intimidated by the Cavs.

The opening few minutes of game 5 will be the most important minutes of these Warriors this Finals. If the Cavs come out on fire and they are up by 10, 15 points in the first quarter, then things don't look good for the Warriors.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:36 PM

10,561 posts, read 7,763,547 times
Kyrie has has one sub par finals game. Aside from the first quarter of game 4, Warriors pretty much played them even, despite the record number of three pointers by the Cavs.

Despite all the complaining from the Warriors (We're being homered!), they shot more free throws in game 4 than Cavs did.

Green's always bitching about fouls. Actually, there was one bad call against him, and it doesn't take much to get him excited.

I don't believe it would have hurt Warriors one iota had he been thrown out of the game. The outcome had essentially been determined, and he was playing poorly anyway. Indeed, my impression is that his play has been mediocre in every game so far.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:42 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Time to blow up the Warriors if they find a way to lose a 3-0 lead in the finals with no injuries/suspensions. Durant and Curry would need to give back their MVPs and retire. Kerr shouldn't be allowed to coach 9 year olds.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:53 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Going into the finals some thought you were crazy to say Kyrie can play as well as Curry in a series. Welp, Kyrie is putting up 30/5/4 with Klay Thompson guarding him...not too shabby. Keep in mind that Kyrie is 24 years old. We may not even be seeing the best of Kyrie yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball