Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 09:34 PM

24,615 posts, read 9,446,498 times

Advertisements

The word is out and official: it was a married mother of 3 he cheated with

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nny-Ainge.html

Quote:
The Boston Celtics employee whose affair with head coach Ime Udoka led to his suspension can finally be revealed.

The female employee is team service manager Kathleen Nimmo Lynch, 34, a married mother-of-three, DailyMail.com can disclose. The Celtics have not identified the woman Udoka was involved with, but Lynch's name had been leaked online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2022, 06:36 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The word is out and official: it was a married mother of 3 he cheated with

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nny-Ainge.html

That is not good but I am guessing there is more to it. More women. Because everyone from Stephen A Smith on down claims this sort of thing is so common from coaches, players and support staff that if you suspended everyone doing it you would have to shut down the league.

Old 10-07-2022, 07:28 AM

3,835 posts, read 4,441,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is not good but I am guessing there is more to it. More women. Because everyone from Stephen A Smith on down claims this sort of thing is so common from coaches, players and support staff that if you suspended everyone doing it you would have to shut down the league.
The one thing that irritates me about this. I was watching some girl on ESPN bleating about we need to protect the female in the relationship. Why is the lady being protected? She is an adult, the relationship was consensual. Ime Udoka's fiancee was not protected. His relationship is in tatters due to being outed (and all his fault so dont see this as sympathy for him). Why do we not know the lady's identity? This is where I roll my eyes at all the feminists. If you want equal rights then you also have to be ready for equal consequences. Udoka is getting his right now. The female in this needs to get the same.

Old 10-07-2022, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
The one thing that irritates me about this. I was watching some girl on ESPN bleating about we need to protect the female in the relationship. Why is the lady being protected? She is an adult, the relationship was consensual. Ime Udoka's fiancee was not protected. His relationship is in tatters due to being outed (and all his fault so dont see this as sympathy for him). Why do we not know the lady's identity? This is where I roll my eyes at all the feminists. If you want equal rights then you also have to be ready for equal consequences. Udoka is getting his right now. The female in this needs to get the same.
I agree if it was purely consensual. She got involved with a public figure I suppose that makes her a public figure. Only thing I could say is if she was coerced into this. He is higher up the food chain than her with the Celtics. Which is why getting involved with your staff is a very bad idea. And that goes for both of them.

Hypothetically say there is a company xmas party or post season party. One male high up in the company and a female lower lever person both get drunk and hook up one time. And then the male blackmails the female that he will get her fired because he has pull with the company if she does not keep sleeping with him. Then she would be more of a victim. Not saying that happened here. But there has been chatter that it was not totally consensual and he kept pursing her. The woman eventually decides to go over his head and tells the organization what has been going on.

And if something like this happened it would make sense to suspend him for a year and for Matt Barnes to say it was 1000 times worse than what he thought.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-07-2022 at 09:05 AM..

Old 10-07-2022, 04:17 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,441,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I agree if it was purely consensual. She got involved with a public figure I suppose that makes her a public figure. Only thing I could say is if she was coerced into this. He is higher up the food chain than her with the Celtics. Which is why getting involved with your staff is a very bad idea. And that goes for both of them.

Hypothetically say there is a company xmas party or post season party. One male high up in the company and a female lower lever person both get drunk and hook up one time. And then the male blackmails the female that he will get her fired because he has pull with the company if she does not keep sleeping with him. Then she would be more of a victim. Not saying that happened here. But there has been chatter that it was not totally consensual and he kept pursing her. The woman eventually decides to go over his head and tells the organization what has been going on.

And if something like this happened it would make sense to suspend him for a year and for Matt Barnes to say it was 1000 times worse than what he thought.
If it was something along those lines, then that becomes a sexual harrassment/possibly criminal case. No way he merely gets suspended. He gets fired and possibly faces legal action. The Celtics would get sued for a billion if they only suspended him for something that bad. This is why I'm leaning towards it being a consensual deal.

Old 10-07-2022, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
If it was something along those lines, then that becomes a sexual harrassment/possibly criminal case. No way he merely gets suspended. He gets fired and possibly faces legal action. The Celtics would get sued for a billion if they only suspended him for something that bad. This is why I'm leaning towards it being a consensual deal.
Good point.

Charania said this:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2022/9/...n-joe-mazzulla

Charania reported that Udoka made “unwanted comments†towards the woman involved in the situation, which sparked an investigation.

Matt Barnes says its 1000 times worse than he thought. It has to be something pretty outrageous. I get that my scenario crossed the line legally and the Celtics could not just sweep it under the rug. But just having a consensual relationship with another employee is what was out there. Unless Barnes is milking this for publicity.

Maybe he had a consensual fling with her and got obsessed and pursued her when she made it clear she was not interested in continuing and would not leave her alone. It might be a moral issue but not really sexual harassment. Especially if she initially was the one pursuing him.

That would fall under "unwanted comments". I suppose. And she had to have contacted the team. How else would they know this was going on?

And believe me if the Celtics had another underachieving season he would have been fired. They realize they have a special coach. They had to thread the needle of dealing with this but keeping them as their coach long term. And hope he won't do it again. They are trying to find a way to keep him.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-07-2022 at 09:07 PM..

Old 10-21-2022, 09:16 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,629,074 times
The team looks good so far. No obvious deficiency with Udoka gone. As predicted, the bench is really strong, and guys can stream in and out all game to keep legs fresh and/or generate some quick offense. I am looking forward to seeing some of the end-of-bench DNP guys out on the court sometime soon.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:20 AM

I loved watching Marcus vs the Grizzlies. He has always been willing to throw a no-look pass in any direction, but I think he has been polishing the skill now that Brogdon is there to compete for minutes.

Old 01-19-2023, 11:21 PM

The OT win against GSW tonight was meh. Don't get me wrong, it was exciting to watch the last 5 minutes, but I felt like everything up to that point Boston was just trying to stay in the game. They turned on the "must-not-lose" urgency when it looked like GS could pull away, and then were lucky that Brown hit the late 3 to set them up for OT. OT was easier because I think the Warriors were getting tired.

This was the first game in a long time when all of the best players were healthy and we really got a look at what the possible combinations can be, out there on the floor. It honestly just seems unfair how deep the team is. But it also creates some confusion about who is "in charge" out on the floor, when you have 3-4 players who have been that guy at some point. Against a tough opponent, that can trip things up on offense, which I think it did tonight... On top of that, it was a bad shooting night. But W.

Old 02-16-2023, 12:51 PM

Woohoo! I wouldn't call it a surprise exactly, but for anyone who was wondering whether Udoka would return, it looks like a definite no. Mazzulla becomes head coach, with extension:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...gets-extension
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball