Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 08:51 PM

275 posts, read 536,021 times

Advertisements

My daughter and SIL will be moving to Baton Rouge from Berkeley CA, as he has accepted a faculty position at LSU. They want to be close enough to campus to bike or possibly walk. The Garden District, Calendar District, and South Downs have been mentioned as possible neighborhoods to consider. (We know nothing about Baton Rouge).

We'll be doing a little "reconnaissance" work for them, scouting out some area. They like homes with character, older homes in good shape are fine; I imagine the budget will be around $250,000. Suggestions?

Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 09:09 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,353,797 times
Decent budget to work with , but I don't think any of those neighborhoods are close enough to bike , much less walk .

Old 07-09-2010, 12:31 PM

17 posts, read 69,111 times
Hello Mobil Mom, Please look into:

Lake Beau Pre
Plantation Trace
Riverbend Landing
River's Edge
Southdown's
University Garden

If they are open to a Condo, that opens up a whole other set of places. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Just DM me.
John

Old 07-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah75 View Post

Lake Beau Pre
Plantation Trace
Riverbend Landing
River's Edge
Southdown's
University Garden

If they are open to a Condo, that opens up a whole other set of places. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Just DM me.
John
If you're going to try to drum up business , show a little class and do it by DM .

Old 07-09-2010, 05:39 PM

17 posts, read 69,111 times
mhounit,

Per the rules of this website, one is not allowed to solicit business via dm. If anything, I was trying to be respectfull and provide good information. I'm sorry you feel this way.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
mhounit,

Per the rules of this website, one is not allowed to solicit business via dm. If anything, I was trying to be respectfull and provide good information. I'm sorry you feel this way.
So you can solicit business on the open forum , but not by DM ? That's good to know . My sister is a Realtor in Baton Rouge and I purposely did not mention her name openly .

Old 07-10-2010, 09:08 AM

I appreciate the info and the neighborhood list; I will check into them.

DD and SIL have actually been in contact with a local realtor through LSU; we are doing some "scouting" for them, as we are just a couple of hours away.

Keep the suggestions coming, please!

Old 07-10-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
mhounit,

Upon further review , it is not permissible to solicit business on the open forum either .

Old 07-12-2010, 11:57 AM

595 posts, read 1,173,390 times
Quote:

Lake Beau Pre
Plantation Trace
Riverbend Landing
River's Edge
Southdown's
University Garden

John
I would not suggest Lake Beau Pre UNLESS You are Young(not to leave out us seniors if you can hang) And an LSU fan and like a lot of noise and parties.The area is very nice but houses or cheek to cheek maybe 10-15 FT. (at the most) between look alike track homes.
I went through their a couple months ago and all the mail boxes were originally on the street but so many had been decapitated that they were all being moved up to the front door. When the water is high on the Miss.River water seeps up through the parking lots at LAKE BEAU PRE.There also seem to be a lot of trash in the area. good luck.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbbertusa View Post
I would not suggest Lake Beau Pre UNLESS You are Young(not to leave out us seniors if you can hang) And an LSU fan and like a lot of noise and parties.The area is very nice but houses or cheek to cheek maybe 10-15 FT. (at the most) between look alike track homes.
I went through their a couple months ago and all the mail boxes were originally on the street but so many had been decapitated that they were all being moved up to the front door. When the water is high on the Miss.River water seeps up through the parking lots at LAKE BEAU PRE.There also seem to be a lot of trash in the area. good luck.
Thanks - this is just the kind of information I'm looking for, knowing nothing about the area. While my DD and SIL are, indeed, young (late 20s), they won't be into noise and wild parties (he will be an LSU faculty member).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge