Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:04 AM

96 posts, read 338,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
What do you see as a fair price point for an average house?...let's say it has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths with backyard and in decent shape.
"Fair" will vary by location since it depends how much people make in general in an area, etc. But for instance I am very familiar with BR and some cities in FL where income is similar. To get the "same house" that you mention in BR or Orlando you would pay roughly 50k more in BR (e.g., 2000 Sqft living, 3/2, 10yrs or newer, "in town" within ~5 miles of work). This assuming pre bubble prices for Orlando (e.g., 2003/4 ). If you take into account more recent drops in price in the difference is much larger since they have such a large distressed inventory so it wouldn't be a fair comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 10:45 AM

96 posts, read 338,360 times
Quote:
What do you see as a fair price point for an average house?...let's say it has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths with backyard and in decent shape.
here is something else to ponder, for those who are considering living outside EBR. Their transportation costs are way higher.

Housing + Transportation Affordability Index

Old 08-15-2011, 11:24 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,686,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by champa View Post
here is something else to ponder, for those who are considering living outside EBR. Their transportation costs are way higher.

Housing + Transportation Affordability Index
I think that's something that comes with the territory when living in the suburbs. I would think one would be hard pressed to find a city (without a commuter train system) where transportation costs are lower in the suburbs than in the city. No surprise, here.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:19 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,481,890 times
Quote:
I think that's something that comes with the territory when living in the suburbs. I would think one would be hard pressed to find a city (without a commuter train system) where transportation costs are lower in the suburbs than in the city. No surprise, here.
Agreed. Even with transit you're still going to pay more the further you commute depending on the system.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:40 PM

52 posts, read 249,927 times
I wouldn't move here again. In my opinion, the traffic isn't that bad. As trafficsucks said...unless you are REALLY into fishing, hunting and drinking (and I would add college football to that list) you might be pretty damned bored.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:09 PM

28 posts, read 45,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementia View Post
I wouldn't move here again. In my opinion, the traffic isn't that bad. As trafficsucks said...unless you are REALLY into fishing, hunting and drinking (and I would add college football to that list) you might be pretty damned bored.
Haha, u dont get out much do u, well if u think its boring now, wait another 5 or 10 years+ and it will be pretty damn exciting....we are the fasting growing city in the south Believe it or not....you can mark my words and come back to this thread by that time if I am wrong.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,488,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSW4589 View Post
Haha, u dont get out much do u, well if u think its boring now, wait another 5 or 10 years+ and it will be pretty damn exciting....we are the fasting growing city in the south Believe it or not....you can mark my words and come back to this thread by that time if I am wrong.
I love Baton Rouge and I do not hunt or fish or drink. I have a daughter who is 9 and she has more to do here than any other city I have lived in, and that has been many....Those that say they hate it here, then why do you stay? I love the people, the restaurants, the parks and playgrounds, they wide variey of LSU activities you can attend, the whole place! It is the best place to live for my family and I. The crime, well, it mostly stays in North BR!

Old 09-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,488,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSW4589 View Post
TOTATALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!! iT IS MOVING FORWARD AND i AM HAPPY ABOUT IT!

Old 09-28-2011, 03:48 PM

28 posts, read 45,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
TOTATALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!! iT IS MOVING FORWARD AND i AM HAPPY ABOUT IT!
Im glad someone agrees

Old 11-04-2011, 02:43 PM

3 posts, read 3,681 times
Quote:
Crime in the "Metro Area" is not bad. Crime in "North Baton Rouge" is bad. North Baton Rouge being the area between Florida Blvd. and Blount Rd.

I'm not from BR or LA as my name might suggest, but how far east on Florida Blvd do you have to go to be in a more safe area?

Thanks.

Am thinking about relocating there as well to attend school.

D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge