Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 05:26 PM

2,542 posts, read 4,003,946 times

Advertisements

First day of summer. Cloudy and in the 50s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 07:06 PM

722 posts, read 1,353,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendLocal View Post
First day of summer. Cloudy and in the 50s.
Yes I see that it has been a chilly week there in Bend. Now forecasts for 70's even low 80's for the next 7 days there. That would be awesome summer weather for my taste. Particularly compared to the humid upper 80's and low 90's forecast here in VA for the next 7 days.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
Now forecasts for 70's even low 80's for the next 7 days there. That would be awesome summer weather for my taste.
You must enjoy rain.

NOAA National Weather Service

Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. North wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.

Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight.

Sunday A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable in the morning. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. West wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Monday Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68.

Monday Night Showers likely, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 45.

Tuesday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 72.

Tuesday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49.

Wednesday A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

Wednesday Night A slight chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.

Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 51.

Friday Sunny, with a high near 83.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:30 PM

1,337 posts, read 3,279,304 times
I, for one, like this cooler weather.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:37 AM

722 posts, read 1,353,780 times
I am actually sick of rain, one of the reasons we are planning our move to Bend.

Bend almost never has rain like we have here, from my studying and observations most days forecasting rain are just sprinkles or light showers. If you think that is a rainy forecast you must be from a deep desert location? Anyway I hope is does rain again there in Bend up to 1/4 " in the forecast you posted, that means more in the mountains and a continued low wildfire risk.

You talk about rain? 3 times in the last 2 months we have exceeded Bends year to date rain total in less than 1.5 hours. 4.7 " so far in June and just under 13" of rain here in VA in the past 67 days... so yes i think I really would enjoy the rain in Bend. That a a 50 degree day in the summer sounds refreshing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendLocal View Post
You must enjoy rain.

NOAA National Weather Service

Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. North wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.

Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight.

Sunday A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable in the morning. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. West wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Monday Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68.

Monday Night Showers likely, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 45.

Tuesday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 72.

Tuesday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49.

Wednesday A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

Wednesday Night A slight chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.

Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 51.

Friday Sunny, with a high near 83.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:22 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,312,980 times
Yep, I can honestly appreciate that forecast as well, and a tenth of an inch, if it even happens, is very little moisture and is refreshing with temps like that.

I really hope that we can find our way to relocate to Bend/Redmond and enjoy the weather and recreation it offers.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:38 AM

Exactly.....I wrote something to that affect, but then deleted it. It's why I've stepped back from this site. Pointing out the absurd has become a chore.

Fact is we will get hardly any rain, if any, in anything posted above by BendLocal. That's how it works here which makes me question BendLocals name all together or just shows this person is bias because they've become disenchanted by Bends none-perfection they first sought.

It is really about perspective. I just spent a week in VA and TENN. While the temps were better than I expected (upper 80s is cool there) it rained every day but 1 and I'm not talking Bend style 'rain'. I'm talking, if you're driving you have to pull over your car. If you're outside you run as fast as possible to any place of business to escape the downpour and the owner doesn't even think twice. Plus, the downpour doesn't end after 10 mins.....I'd wager to say I got more rain last week than Bend did over the last year combined.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:56 AM

The 2 to 3 months of real summer weather should be starting soon. I am sick of overcast chilly days at this time of year. Time for summer.

There is a humorous take on the Bend weather at this blog:

Bend Sux: Bulletin Confirms: Bend Climate Sucks

Old 06-22-2013, 12:31 PM

Why is it when we get a system for a week of cool(er) weather that suddenly it is time to complain? That's how weather works, no? This spring has been the warmest and sunniest of my 3 years here. Enjoy it. For someone like me, I could just as easily complain about how too warm and sunny our spring has been this year - which it has been for my taste - but who cares....adapt. It's weather, it's a grab bag.....that's life.

Bendsux.com is just funny and, if you read between the lines well enough, shows you a disgruntled individual who is unhappy with what they THOUGHT Bend would be like and/or what they WANT Bend to be rather that what Bend IS. Life, no matter where this individual chooses to relocate to, will be tough.....

Bend is in the PNW so we get the PNW weather patters albeit VERY MUCH tempered by the Cascades rain shadow effect - dependable 100% summer weather begins early July. This is a fact of life in this region. No two ways about it.

Do better research.

Last edited by kapetrich; 06-22-2013 at 01:05 PM..

Old 06-22-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapetrich View Post
Bendsux.com is just funny and, if you read between the lines well enough, shows you a disgruntled individual who is unhappy with what they THOUGHT Bend would be like and/or what they WANT Bend to be rather that what Bend IS.
According to the "about me" text on the blog the author has been here for 25 years. Unlikely that he was pulled in by the 300 days of sunshine stat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend