Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 08:47 PM

2,542 posts, read 4,004,546 times

Advertisements

I've been outside most of the day. I don't think our thermometer ever touched 90. With the lack of humidity definitely not hot in my book. But I have lived in Florida so I may have a different sense of what HOT means!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 12:08 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,691,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendLocal View Post
I've been outside most of the day. I don't think our thermometer ever touched 90. With the lack of humidity definitely not hot in my book. But I have lived in Florida so I may have a different sense of what HOT means!
The thermometer at my house reached 98° around 6pm. I looked at weather underground data, and Bend's official high was 93°. It was definitely hot in my books! It never really cooled down much last night either, as it was already reading 72° inside my house by 8am. Today is forecast to reach 100°. It's going to be a scorcher. I'm heading up to one of the lakes today for a dip. It's too hot, IMO!

Old 07-01-2013, 02:25 PM

722 posts, read 1,353,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
The thermometer at my house reached 98° around 6pm. I looked at weather underground data, and Bend's official high was 93°. It was definitely hot in my books! It never really cooled down much last night either, as it was already reading 72° inside my house by 8am. Today is forecast to reach 100°. It's going to be a scorcher. I'm heading up to one of the lakes today for a dip. It's too hot, IMO!
Wow, maybe it is just too hot to move in Bend...

actually a low of 72 isn't uncommon here in VA it was 68 and foggy with 98% humidity this morning!

Comparing humidity levels Bend is a different climate for sure. Noticed late day humidity levels there in Bend with temps in the 90's were near 30-35% here in VA is has been a "cool" summer for highs with few 90's however rainy and humid with nearly daily storms.

So again I'd take 90's with low humidity in Bend over the current temp of 84 here with humidity at 72% maybe you sweat the same in both conditions? yet no doubt about which place feels more comfortable to be outdoors in

Old 07-01-2013, 05:13 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
It was 103 in Medford yesterday......

I heard it was 128 in Death Valley...

Old 07-01-2013, 06:21 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,927,172 times
109 in Boise right now. My truck thermometer said 98 in Bend a while ago. Been playing lumberjack all day, definitely a little toasty.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
Wow, maybe it is just too hot to move in Bend...

actually a low of 72 isn't uncommon here in VA it was 68 and foggy with 98% humidity this morning!

Comparing humidity levels Bend is a different climate for sure. Noticed late day humidity levels there in Bend with temps in the 90's were near 30-35% here in VA is has been a "cool" summer for highs with few 90's however rainy and humid with nearly daily storms.

So again I'd take 90's with low humidity in Bend over the current temp of 84 here with humidity at 72% maybe you sweat the same in both conditions? yet no doubt about which place feels more comfortable to be outdoors in
If there's one thing for certain about Bend, it's that the temperatures can change drastically in a very short time! I would definitely take the weather in Bend over the weather out east any day. Even though it's been a little too hot here these past few days, I know that will change. If it didn't, I would seriously consider investing in AC! Thankfully we will survive without it.

I went up to Elk Lake for the day. It was absolutely perfect up there. Temps were in the 80s & the water temp was very pleasant, at least near the shore where I was. If I had to guess, I would say that it was close to 70°.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:07 AM

722 posts, read 1,353,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
If there's one thing for certain about Bend, it's that the temperatures can change drastically in a very short time! I would definitely take the weather in Bend over the weather out east any day. Even though it's been a little too hot here these past few days, I know that will change. If it didn't, I would seriously consider investing in AC! Thankfully we will survive without it.

I went up to Elk Lake for the day. It was absolutely perfect up there. Temps were in the 80s & the water temp was very pleasant, at least near the shore where I was. If I had to guess, I would say that it was close to 70°.
Perhaps this should be in the swimming holes near Bend thread except that turned into a cliff diving debate.

Anyway, I am going to be in Bend with my kiddos later this month and was thinking about going to East or Paulina Lake and renting a boat.

We went to Spark & Elk Lakes last summer so I wanted to visit different lakes this year.

Can anyone tell me about Paulina / East lakes? Are there hot spring swimming holes? Is is mostly just fishing? Will the water be much colder than Elk Lake / Spark Lake since they are deeper? Any info would be helpful as I want to reserve a boat soon at one of the lakes.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
Perhaps this should be in the swimming holes near Bend thread except that turned into a cliff diving debate.

Anyway, I am going to be in Bend with my kiddos later this month and was thinking about going to East or Paulina Lake and renting a boat.

We went to Spark & Elk Lakes last summer so I wanted to visit different lakes this year.

Can anyone tell me about Paulina / East lakes? Are there hot spring swimming holes? Is is mostly just fishing? Will the water be much colder than Elk Lake / Spark Lake since they are deeper? Any info would be helpful as I want to reserve a boat soon at one of the lakes.
We should move this post over to that thread, if anything to get it back on topic. Not sure how to do this though. Maybe contact one of our mods and have them do it.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:54 PM

32,659 posts, read 48,067,543 times
Whirnot, will you please stop pouring concrete. I've had enough of this heat.

Would someone please cut a big field of hay so we can get some rain and cool things off?

Old 07-02-2013, 02:52 PM

351 posts, read 1,283,809 times
I have a Toyota Tundra, and it's outside temp gauge is pretty accurate. Yesterday (7/1/13) on my way home from sisters.... it read 99 all the way on HWY 20.
Then on the Bend Parkway... It read ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR 104 degrees!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend