Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 01:58 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,789 times

Advertisements

gotta agree with everyone else... it was probably just you.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:37 AM

170 posts, read 533,330 times
Yea that was it, i made a post here just to troll because i have nothing better to do...

The people in Hilo (mainly the local men) were the rudest group of people i have ever met.

Why would i just randomly post this unless it was true?..

I have been to Maui and Oahu and it wasnt that bad, not even close.

Ill just give you ONE example...

I went down to the rocky beach in hilo (no idea of actual name of beach) was chilling and some random hawaiian guy rolls up on me and says "oh brah you to have a local hawaiian license to park there brah"

I tell him i have no idea what hes talking about...he gets all crazy and wants to "grapple"

I just shook my head and walked down to the beach.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:42 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post
Yea that was it, i made a post here just to troll because i have nothing better to do...

Why would i just randomly post this unless it was true?..

People lie on internet forums for reasons all their own. Don't give the forum this "why would I lie?" nonsense.

If you had done any research on Hawai'i. you would know that there are some beaches that are less welcoming to outsiders than others. If you and your friend insist on intruding upon local custom, then kou might be asked politely (or not so politely) to leave, as you apparently were.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
People lie on internet forums for reasons all their own. Don't give the forum this "why would I lie?" nonsense.

If you had done any research on Hawai'i. you would know that there are some beaches that are less welcoming to outsiders than others. If you and your friend insist on intruding upon local custom, then kou might be asked politely (or not so politely) to leave, as you apparently were.
I dont even know wtf your talking about.

It was a huge public beach with tons of people there swimming and eating.

What the hell does that have to do with a white person not being allowed there?

This isnt the 1600's man its the year 2010!

I dont just walk down my street here in Colorado and call all the black people the N word and tell them to get lost.

Whats wrong with you people..

Old 11-20-2010, 01:43 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,598,149 times
.... maybe you came across someone in Hilo who felt about you the same way you feel about Mexicans. (We can read all your posts here, you know.)

Old 11-20-2010, 02:21 PM

81 posts, read 220,786 times
Interesting..I've lived in Honolulu, Maui and now Hilo for 6 years. I find the Big Island to be the MOST welcoming place of all. The aloha beats more strongly here than any other place I have been. I've never felt hated on here. It sounds like you had one bad incident and this could happen anywhere. Don't let one bad experience color your perception. For every bad person here there's thousands and thousands of good people.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
.... maybe you came across someone in Hilo who felt about you the same way you feel about Mexicans. (We can read all your posts here, you know.)
My wife is mexican..so...uh

Unless your talking about "illegal" mexicans...

Old 11-20-2010, 03:17 PM

81 posts, read 208,901 times
If you act like a dumb mainland Halle you'll get treated like one, simple as that. I lived in Hawaii for a decade without getting called a Haole out of anger once, its how you present yourself.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman81 View Post
If you act like a dumb mainland Halle you'll get treated like one, simple as that. I lived in Hawaii for a decade without getting called a Haole out of anger once, its how you present yourself.
Thats the studiest thing i ever heard man.

So if a black guy acts like a stupid black guy its ok to call him a N...?

Just admit you people are racist, its not like its a secret. Type "racist hawaii" into google ...see what happens.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:40 PM

129 posts, read 371,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post
Thats the studiest thing i ever heard man.

So if a black guy acts like a stupid black guy its ok to call him a N...?

Just admit you people are racist, its not like its a secret. Type "racist hawaii" into google ...see what happens.

Hey, I was military years ago in Hawaii and I must admit that many of my buddies always had problems when they left base.....BUT this was because they acted stupid and out of line when they did. If you go down to Mexico (which I don't advise anyone to do right now), and keep to yourself and obey the 'laws' you will be just fine. But if you get drunk and act stupid there you may find yourself not coming home again. This is just the way the world is. I grew up in NY. I don't think you would last a day there if you get sensitive about Hilo! Granted, some 'locals' have yet to give up on their roots and frown upon visitors....but what is different about them from say old white folks in Alabama who grew up with slavery and still treat black people badly??? It is what it is. Every state, city, town across the globe has pockets of racism and crime. You will never escape it, you just have to look to the positives which far outweigh the negatives in life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island