Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 02:17 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Yes, that was a pretty funny one, wasn't it?

Ha'awi mai i maha
Hilarious.

Ha'awi mai i maha back at ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 03:31 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,574,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Hilarious.

Ha'awi mai i maha back at ya.
Kind of odd that you would bring up the Big Island basement thread, or is it. Kind of gloating that you got back onto City-Data, just under a different IP and a new name. Funny that Jeffington, who started the basement thread, had 1,811 posts overall. The vast majority of them political, mostly pro-republican, it's all the Democrats fault type comments. But, some Hawaii based comments as well, in total, the Hawaii posts made up 4% of Jeffingtons material. Then, Jeffington is 86'd. Robin Rossi comes along, 2632 posts overall, most of them right wing political, but some are Hawaii forum posts. Of all Robins posts, 5% of them are in the Hawaii forum. You know, when you're 86'd, you should stay that way. The clincher, however, is the beer posting. Love your Coors, don't ya Jeffington.

Back at ya

Old 04-20-2013, 03:45 PM

658 posts, read 1,336,747 times
This thread just keeps getting funnier as it rambles on.

Seems like the OP really wanted help planning a 60 day camping trip in the islands? Could that be it?

Old 04-20-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Kind of odd that you would bring up the Big Island basement thread, or is it. Kind of gloating that you got back onto City-Data, just under a different IP and a new name. Funny that Jeffington, who started the basement thread, had 1,811 posts overall. The vast majority of them political, mostly pro-republican, it's all the Democrats fault type comments. But, some Hawaii based comments as well, in total, the Hawaii posts made up 4% of Jeffingtons material. Then, Jeffington is 86'd. Robin Rossi comes along, 2632 posts overall, most of them right wing political, but some are Hawaii forum posts. Of all Robins posts, 5% of them are in the Hawaii forum. You know, when you're 86'd, you should stay that way. The clincher, however, is the beer posting. Love your Coors, don't ya Jeffington.

Back at ya
Coinky Dinky.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
This thread just keeps getting funnier as it rambles on.

Seems like the OP really wanted help planning a 60 day camping trip in the islands? Could that be it?
It is difficult if not impossible to take people like that seriously. It's kinda like that old saw about yachts. "if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it", or in this case, "if you have to ask what supplies to bring from home to save money, you can't afford going.

Last edited by Robin Rossi; 04-20-2013 at 09:03 PM..

Old 04-21-2013, 12:02 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,443,557 times
Quote:
Kind of odd that you would bring up the Big Island basement thread, or is it. Kind of gloating that you got back onto City-Data, just under a different IP and a new name.
That's some mighty fine police work there, Lou!

"Jeffington" posted extensively in the Politics & Other Controversies forum, was snarky and trollish on the Hawai'i forum, said he preferred Coors and was interested in retiring to the North end of the Big Island. He started the Basement thread in May, 2011 before he was banned in June.

"Robin Rossi" also posts extensively in the Politics & Other Controversies forum, he's snarky and trollish on the Hawai'i forum, said he prefers Coors and is interested in retiring to the North end of the Big Island (he left Hawai'i after Hurricane Iwa back in the early 80s). And he just referenced the Basement thread from May, 2011 in regard to payback... which thread was pau three months before his "Robin Rossi" account was even opened in August. Ooops!

Quote:
You know, when you're 86'd, you should stay that way
Agreed.

Next round of okaolehao is on me, JJ. Make that doubles!

Last edited by OpenD; 04-21-2013 at 01:09 AM..

Old 04-21-2013, 01:56 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,443,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Next round of okaolehao is on me, JJ. Make that doubles!
Urrrkkkk, based on my misspelling of okolehao back there, I may have had enough already.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:50 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,939 times
Oh my! You mean Robin Rossi DOESN'T live in Hawaii? But he claimed he did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
And YOU are the one jumping to conclusions about who lives where. BTW, I moved to Hawaii in 1979, FYI

Guess he forgot to mention he left. 34 YEARS AGO! Yep, that would definately make him an expert.

Liar, liar pants on fire!

Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 PM

1,730 posts, read 3,811,612 times
Readers of this forum really need to consider the "source" when they get advice here. I don't know if OTHER forums have the same situation as the Hawaii forum, but we gets lots of advice tossed in from people who have never dealt first-hand with the problems/questions being researched.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
Oh my! You mean Robin Rossi DOESN'T live in Hawaii? But he claimed he did!

Guess he forgot to mention he left. 34 YEARS AGO! Yep, that would definately make him an expert.

Liar, liar pants on fire!
Once again, you've got it all wrong. I move TO Hawaii in 1979 (34 years ago). True, I don't currently live there, but with many return trips, some lasting the better part of a year, I have quite a bit of experience. I was on the BI, FYI in 1982. I have nothing to prove to you, and I don't give a damn what you believe or don't believe.

All total my residence there was well over a half-decade, and just today, I was discussing a sportfishing operation out of Honokōhau, I am considering setting up, with one of the top boat captains there. I've got over $350,000 of seed money to use, but from what I have learned speaking with several operators there over the last year or so, it would be tough to net $20K a year with a single-boat operation. Non-tax fuel is over $5.00 a gallon and even with down-rated injectors, you will burn 10 gallon or so at troll for a decent sized boat. for an 8-hour day, thats 80 gallons @$400.

Just freighting a boat over can run upwards of $30K from So Cal. Driving it over would put over 250 hours on the engines and burn upwards of 4,000 gallons of fuel, tankage and fuel-bladders.

So you little bait fish go ahead and mock me all you want.

Last edited by Robin Rossi; 04-22-2013 at 11:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island