Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:13 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1965 View Post
Thank everyone so much. Yes...I go to the Summit pretty regularly due to my 17yr old daughters favorite stores are there.....so guess that it why I was wanting to visit the Galleria again..havent been there in awhile....plus its right there where we are staying...I do appreciate all the help with the clubs. The Lakeview District sounds very interesting....
Well, look at it this way. Once you factor in cab fare both ways, the Wynfrey might not be a great deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 07:03 AM

86 posts, read 244,405 times
It's not a nightclub, but there is a comedy club right in the Galleria area. That might be something fun to do for the evening:

The Comedy Club | Stardome Comedy Banquet Book comedians Book speakers Mystery dinner Mystery Theater Theater Comedian Comedians Open mic Amateur Night

Old 01-24-2010, 07:05 AM

897 posts, read 2,455,257 times
I was in the Hoover area yesterday-bumper to bumper traffic on 31 going towards the Galleria- was that normal or was it b/c alabama's got talent- Luckily I was going the opposite way

Old 01-24-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
The Galleria isn't that bad. Don't be such a snob. And they can always drive the three-four miles to the Summit. Or Pepper Place. Or Homewood/Mountain Brook/Crestline/Brookwood Mall.

To the OP. It's about an 11 mile cab ride from the Five Points area to the Wynfrey. Just make sure you have plenty of leftover cash at the end of your night. If your main focus is shopping, then okay. But if your main focus is going out, eating at a great restaurant or two, and going to hear some live music, check out Hotel Highland (Hotels in Birmingham AL - The Hotel Highland - 205-933-9555) and see if they can give you a good deal. That way, you don't have to worry about the logistics of getting to your hotel after a long night. All you have to do is walk a block or two.

HipLip gave you a pretty good list to consider, but I'd also think about the Garages as well.
I am sorry I didn't think that many stores were left at the Galleria-
I just thought the summit had the newer better stores- Have a great tripa nd report back afterwards please !!

Old 01-24-2010, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,317 times
Default dating

I guess going out and <a href="http://www.sixsingles.com">dating</a> is very much hard to do.

[url=http://www.sixsingles.com]dating[/url]

Old 02-02-2010, 01:09 PM

7 posts, read 18,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlsess View Post
I just thought the summit had the newer better stores- Have a great tripa nd report back afterwards please !!

We had a fabulous time!! The Wynfrey did not charge us to use their LIMO to take us to the Lakeview District. Loved the Rare Martini...could have stayed all night. The cab fare back to hotel was $38.00..I think it worked out just great! We are hoping to do it again...with warmer weather!!

Old 02-02-2010, 01:56 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1965 View Post
We had a fabulous time!! The Wynfrey did not charge us to use their LIMO to take us to the Lakeview District. Loved the Rare Martini...could have stayed all night. The cab fare back to hotel was $38.00..I think it worked out just great! We are hoping to do it again...with warmer weather!!
Hey, glad you had a great time.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:02 AM

that's awesome they didn't charge you- glad it was fun- did you buy lots at the Galleria?

Old 02-03-2010, 07:08 AM

7 posts, read 18,093 times
Quote:
that's awesome they didn't charge you- glad it was fun- did you buy lots at the Galleria?
We did...had some great girl time...and yes..it was a very pleasant surprise for the ride down there...the driver was super nice and took us around the block and showed us the different bars and explained each of them...it was great! You never know something (like the limo) unless you ask! Everyone at the Wynfrey was excellent...couldn't have asked for a better weekend!

Old 02-03-2010, 07:46 AM

24,569 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Skip the Galleria and shop/eat at Summit II behind it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area