Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Lifestyle
Old

Bathroom Project

Posted 03-27-2024 at 11:32 AM by Driver 47

Finished a while ago actually. The contractors all gone, dust has settled, and now I have a second walk-in shower. Our on-suit has one at the other end of the house but it's too cramped for me. The new one is mostly for guests, but I like it better so, I view it as "mine". Rainfall shower overhead with an extended handheld attachment so I can sit on the built-in bench and not worry about falling down.
What I really like is the way the glass doors shed water. Everything just runs...
Knuckle draggin'galoot
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Two or Three Witnesses

Posted 03-23-2024 at 08:07 AM by Heavenese

In Luke's Gospel, when it came time for Joseph and Mary to have baby Jesus presented to Yahweh in Jerusalem as is the custom of the Law, the family were met by two people. A man and a woman came to greet them. The first was a man named Simeon. When we look at the Hebrew behind his name, it means "To hear" or "To be heard". The greatest prayer in Judaism is The Shema, Shema Yisrael, Hear/Listen Israel. If there was one word in the Hebrew language that could sum up the laws of...
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Difference between Democrats and Republicans

Posted 03-14-2024 at 07:40 PM by homeinindy

For first-time voters, discerning the intricate difference between Democrats and Republicans is paramount for informed decision-making come election time. This comprehensive post dissects 10 pivotal aspects, from ideology to foreign trade policies, shedding light on the core values and approaches of each party.

Democrats, steeped in liberalism, champion progressivism and social justice, advocating for government intervention to address inequalities. Conversely, Republicans embrace...
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

There is a difference between seeking a sign and seeking Yahweh's power

Posted 03-05-2024 at 08:58 AM by Heavenese

Most Christians don't believe God works miracles at the same clip He did with the very early Church, or as was done with Jesus. They may believe God will work a miracle here or there. Yet these miracles are seen as "hit and miss"/"every blue moon", something outsiders would say is simply luck.

For Christians who try to justify the lack of God's power on display, they will point to Jesus saying an evil and adulterous generous seeks a sign. So we shouldn't...
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

A Believer who does not believe in God's Power

Posted 02-29-2024 at 08:02 AM by Heavenese
Updated 02-29-2024 at 08:57 AM by Heavenese

There are many Christians who believe God has ceased doing miracles. In that He ceased working miracles through the message of Christ, which He did through Jesus and the original apostles.

Some argue God only worked miracles in the early days to get the attention of the people back then. To get the Church started if you will. Yet today, the Bible itself now suffices for everything. God doesn't need to demonstrate His power, because now we have a completed Bible.
Posted in Lifestyle