Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Fortoggie
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

Living In the South

im a mother my husband passed i have income reliable income,i receive widows pension.im looking for a home for me and my 3 kids i will pay 1 years rent upfront at signing of lease so that you know im serious i lost my husband he was 39 we are starting our lives over new york is become a greedy dirty dangerous place where i am not wanting to live in no more.im looking in orlando my ideal are those vacation rentals i used to rent with amenties like pool gym im not a boojie girl i just want to relocate and be happy and have my kids happy again starting a new life over is hard but when you got the means to do so it can be easy.my number is 646)597-0990 please serious inquiries only anyone who would turn down a years rent at signing plus deposit im doing this becuz im in ny and i can travel to see home and sign and move in i cant come down everytime i find a beautiful place....
  2. Old Comment

What maps teach us

That's effective.
    Posted 04-24-2018 at 04:42 AM by turfalabdallah turfalabdallah is offline
  3. Old Comment

Living In the South

Perceptive forum, living in the south is unique. I know it has changed but not intrinsically.
    I am here to address gated communities..most unfortunately I live in one much to my chagrin. I lived in one before this one, I am a slow learner, thought this one might be a little different, nope carbon copies, the board along with their cronies do just as they please. Musical chairs is the time honored yearly same folks but different chairs
    Hypocrisy is key in this type of housing. By the way I thought there would be more over 50 heck no Lake Walton Estates is kiddy city Georgia.
    It comes across as "my poop doesn't stink community".
    If I ever get out of this nosy place I will NEVER look back, they want to pick and choose whom they let enter as one board member put it "our little slice of Heaven". Hell was more on the tip of my tongue.
  4. Old Comment

What's what in medicine?

my mother is severely allergic to "man made" pharmasuticals and I have used home remedies all my life I am a very healthy 51 year old female who smokes occasionally drinks and finds more often than not homeopathic is the way to heal!
    Posted 08-28-2017 at 02:30 AM by Robin Coulbourn Robin Coulbourn is offline
  5. Old Comment

What's what in medicine?

I agree homeopathic medicine is great and practiced in Germany by most doctors, I myself have chosen it first and now I'm having to take prescription and I can feel the side effects ,bit after a transplant I have no choice. Wonder sometimes how that's gonna go for the long run.
  6. Old Comment

The contest between Good and Evil

Hello
    nice to meet you
    My name is miss Emilia,i saw your profile today in this The Asexual Visibility and Education Network | asexuality.org and i became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address (emiliamaxa@hotmail.com) so i can give you my picture .Remember the distance, color or language does not matter but love matters a lot in life.

Please do send me mail here (emiliamaxa@hotmail.com) so that i will tell you more about me.waiting to here from you soon have a nice day and remain Bless
  7. Old Comment

Evil, as you put it is self maintained. Its not people or the world around. Its you that creates evil.
    God/Devil i dont believe in either.
    Cos as the saying goes "The Devil Within". we are the devil as in our own mental and pysical state, or state of mind. ive just found out i have a very powerful gift. and i can use it like using a Tv remote.
    I dont believe in good and evil i believe we just bring or own good. Or are own evil.
  8. Old Comment

What did God say?

AMEN! Agreed!
  9. Old Comment

It's Safe to Turn Right on Red

THE TURN ON RED LIGHT LAW, AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED IS TERRIBLY ABUSED...PEOPLE FORGET THE STOP AND THEN TURN ON RIGHT
  10. Old Comment
  11. Old Comment

I think there is far more good than evil. Often times the things we claim are negative about ourselves and others can be turned into positives by tweaking a few things, not radically changing who we are fundamentally.

Today's people are imperfect as in all times before us. Still a lot of room for improvement, and not just an issue of prayer to make us better...the random acts of kindness are also key.
  12. Old Comment

Who or What Caused AirAsia to go Down?

I agree wholeheartedly it is absolutely unfair and egregious to think this was a punishment from God on people on their family members. It is bitterly painful and hard to ration with in any way.

What I can say is that if we believe in a righteous God, that there's a generalized stabilizing system of goodness provided by these kinds of principles:

time ultimately heals all wounds
    Pain in mass numbers causes those masses to bond together in adversity which produces new eventual friendships
    When people die, new life fulfills the legacies of those whose lives were unfinished

People who suffer individually can help relate to someone else who sufferered individually

Human beings on earth are not always faced with equal circumstances, but love for others and random acts of kindness increase otherwise happiness. In the short-term, things aren't fair but we can mitigate all the decrees by doing kind things onto the people who need help the most.

We can help people, when the victim we can open up our wounds to other victims so they feel together we are in the same struggle.

Each day of life could end for any of us or our loved ones, not as punishment, any moment, but God can help these bullets not sting us as much...overtime of course. In the end of life, we will all go through every human emotion. God can help our highs be higher and our lows not sting as much, but does not guarantee there won't be a random set of lows and highs distributed unevenly over all living things.

T
  13. Old Comment

Below the Belt Campaign Advertising!

No we don't see the same world! I do not allow Beck, Limbaugh and the other right wing nuts to define my world.
  14. Old Comment
  15. Old Comment

Evidently, you must not be living in the same world as other Americans. The last time I checked, ISIS is on the loose, our borders are not secure, and Ebola is spreading like wildfire, with the potential of adversely affecting more Americans.

Your president isn't going to do anything about them. That's his design for America: to bring it down. I applaud people like Senator Alexander and others for standing up against big government and the obvious problems it has only created. It comes down to what kind of America you and I desire, even if we disagree.

There's only one way to resolve the so-called immigration crisis: Secure the borders. For Obama, it ought to be mandatory like it was for any other president.
  16. Old Comment

hello

http://www.broadwayinfosys.com
  17. Old Comment

On What Made the Difference: Turning Eighty.

Thank you case44 and oldsoul26 it sounds like you have already figured out a lot of things. Yes I am aware that so much has changed for nurses and mostly not for the better.
    If I have any advice it is just to be patient and consistent, doors have a way of opening.
    Enjoy life with your husband to be and learn to laugh at even the absurdities of life.
  18. Old Comment

Congratulations on a great milestone, Fortoggie!

Happy 80th to you!
  19. Old Comment

I completely agree with your post. I am an early 90's baby and I recently graduated college as a RN. I work in acute care at the hospital in my mediocre, small town because this is where my soon-to-be husband and I want to live and raise our children (near our families). But the pressure to have an education for jobs that previously did not require it is immense despite the fact that the cost is OUTRAGEOUS and unreachable for SO MANY. Not to mention, there isn't much of a job market here unless you are in the lower tax bracket or healthcare (don't even get me started on how nurses are overworked and abused in healthcare). The expectations in SOOO MANY areas of our world are unrealistic. It scares me for my future children and makes me want to avoid conception altogether to avoid any heart ache for them. As a young person, do you have any advice on how to make the right decisions as I'm starting out my life? Anything to avoid?
  20. Old Comment

Labor Day Blues

How do i blog my own thing lol i cant figure it out please help !! I don't find a post blog button