Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Entertainment
Old

My Favorite Florida Activity

Posted 04-04-2017 at 12:51 PM by llrivero

The best part of spring and summer....... grilling out... backyard parties..... pool parties.......potlucks.... pretty much anything that has to do with being outside by the pool and eating food! This activity is a right of passage for some of the men in my family..... the passing of the BBQ Tools..... the secret rub recipe...... the passing of the applewood smoked ribs responsibility... (only the most committed of the smokers gets up at 4 am to get the flames started)

Recently...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quiad-vacation.jpg (23.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (154.4 KB, 0 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old

Time to Load Up the Family Truckster....

Posted 03-29-2017 at 09:40 AM by llrivero

Ahhhhhhh yes....... the good ole family road trip! Back in the day my family would use our summer vacations to load up the family truckster and hit the road to travel to the next family reunion or out to California to visit the Grandparents.... and it did not matter where we lived....... we were going to California...... and we even did it when we lived in Kentucky. My Dad was active duty military so we were all over the country and the world!

I have good memories of the family...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alphabet-game-road-trip-games.jpg (18.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg griswold-disney-vacation-follow-us.jpg (60.8 KB, 1 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

The BIG HAIR Days!

Posted 03-24-2017 at 12:52 PM by llrivero

So, here I was driving in the car....... deep in thought when Prince comes on the radio. Of course, I turn it up..... "that's my jam"!! The next song comes on..... and I know the words to this one too. Madonna!! That is when I realized the radio station is tuned to an 80's station. My husband must have found it... and can I say.. Way to Go! As I drive along jamming out and singing along to the musicians and songs of my day I started thinking about how I have officially become O-L-D!...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1433263375-hot-pink-blush.jpg (36.6 KB, 0 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Chickiti China the Chinese Chicken

Posted 03-20-2017 at 06:24 PM by llrivero

Tonight I went to get chinese food from the isolated, singular, ONLY chinese take out place in town the size of a one horse town...... and I am sure the horse is safe.... I started thinking about all of the great chinese restaurants I have had the pleasure of patronizing in my life.........

First of all, New York City has the BEST chinese food... hands down! I know all of the readers who are from that area can agree. That is the best chinese food EVER! Boston has as a great...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UXzEH.jpg (33.9 KB, 0 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Treasure Hunting at Goodwill!

Posted 03-19-2017 at 11:06 AM by llrivero

I absolutely love going into thrift stores and consignment stores. You never know what you are going to find!

The old saying, One's mans trash is another mans' treasure, is so true! I love giving new life to old pieces and making it into something for me.

We went yesterday and there were so many possibilities!

However, hubby said until I finish what I have going I can't buy more projects. I also love the ability to spend $10.00 on a new outfit...
Real Estate Agent