Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Weird
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Why do some people think rules dont apply to them ?

Posted 06-07-2015 at 04:01 AM by Utopian Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I mean there are some general rules in life and various other things and some people think they don't have to follow them or the rules don't apply to them ? is it because they grew up with lazy parents not teaching them how to follow rules or is it because at one time in their lives someone told them the rules don't apply to them ? the reason Im stating this is because I belong to a group of people and we have a reading robin once a month and someone is assigned say to bring paper cups yet they
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Tourist finds elephants in cave

Posted 06-01-2015 at 05:02 AM by pbmaise

An American tourist claims he discoverd a pair of elephants on Palawan.

Sailor Philip Maise has an unusual hobby. He uses his yacht, the world's largest traditionally rigged sailing paraw, to sail along the coast lines of the Philippines and searches for places to explore.

Maise is also from Hawaii and lives on the slopes of an actively errupting volcano.

"I believe it is my three passions of history, sailing, and volcanology that enable me to...
Posted in News, Weird
Old

Did the lady get it right ?

Posted 05-22-2015 at 10:33 AM by Fortoggie

THE LORD KNOWS WHAT WE NEED; WE DON'T: Stopped in to get some milk and juice, the clerk was a nice lady of about 70 and to make conversation I said; it's a little cooler out tonight. " Yes but we shouldn't complain' she said. I nodded and said we have to take what we get. Then she said " the Lord gives us what we need because we don't know what we need." That statement raised so many questions in my mind that I didn't respond and here a day later I am still wondering where she got...
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Just Because You Break into the 35% Tax Bracket, Not ALL of Your Income is Taxed At 35%!

Posted 05-05-2015 at 08:12 PM by Utopian Slums

In my experience, most people in the USA do not understand that we have a graduated (or "progressive") income tax"

And why would we? Not all of us do our own taxes and many of us hate math.

We often hear from politicians that the rich are taxes "more." Yet in reality, we all are taxed "more."

After the impact of sleep disorders and sleep deprivation on society, this is the one thing that i am most passionate about:...
Old

ON: What to do--offer rescinded after I quit my old job

Posted 04-27-2015 at 01:12 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 06-01-2015 at 09:15 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Wrong way around.

The government is being bought up by big business, and as much as certain extremists hate "duh evil gubermint," I find it laughable how quickly they'll sell out to big business... even though it is even more corrupt and can't even be voted out of office. Remember, government is evil because of the power it has, but corporations - who write the laws and can't be voted out of office - are just great! Right...

I'm very tired of the "big
Big Data
Posted in Weird