Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Angry
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Even the Clergy have Representation

Posted 03-11-2014 at 07:11 PM by Fortoggie

A minister in the United Methodist Church told me that he was in fact a member of a strong union albeit the negotiation is carried on in a cool gentlemanly way. Baptist churches have pulpit committees that speak on behalf of the minister and the church staff. However the blue collar worker that attends these churches and is expected to support them is in all probability working without any representation at all.
Over the past thirty years wages have slipped here in the U.S. and so have benefits...
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Fairness in the work force.

Posted 03-09-2014 at 01:35 PM by Fortoggie
Updated 04-04-2014 at 11:38 AM by Fortoggie

For the past several weeks I have been trying to help a young guy find a job. Around here it seems you almost have to go through a temp service. Not only do they gobble up, $2 to $3 per hour but they are also in a position to cheat the worker out of some of their money. Nevertheless we went that route and he was hired on at $7.25 per hour.
My man was assigned to a furnace with a conveyor running through it and they told him to load it on this end, push the button and load it some more and...
Posted in Lifestyle, Angry
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

People --- Good or Bad???

Posted 02-26-2014 at 08:16 AM by wiseman0

I hear many, many, many people say that it's hard to trust people these days or there aren't many good people in the world today....

And I wonder are the people that say these things good or bad people themselves?? Are they trustworthy?

I mean my parents used to say, "takes one to know one." So, apparently is a person says that another individual isn't trustworthy or they are a bad person... [pause] What denotes a bad person?

Is a person bad by...
Old

The Tip of the Iceberg

Posted 02-21-2014 at 10:59 AM by Fortoggie

By now you have heard that Face book has paid 16 Billion for Whatsapp. The people I have talked to about this purchase and app have hardly raised an eyebrow. It hasn't sunk in, the money has so many zeros that it doesn't register
The young are just saying, oh boy now we have still another toy to play with but folks we are talking about a purchase here that is worth more than many of the old line companies that we have grown up with.
What I am saying is that Face Book, Google and Twitter...
Posted in Lifestyle, News, Angry
Old

Robots may Replace Half the Work Force

Posted 02-14-2014 at 09:43 AM by Fortoggie

Robots are getting "smarter" and more agile by the week. A report on PBS February 13, 2014, showed not only that automation is gaining ground but the segment ended by saying that within 20 years; robots will replace half the work force.
When I bring the subject up around the coffee table where me and my retiree friends meet, they are dismissive, saying that we can adjust, meaning of course that their children or grandchildren can adjust.
Yet everyone sitting around the table...
Posted in Lifestyle, News, Angry