Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 03:21 PM

229 posts, read 707,125 times

Advertisements

I got a fairly quick and brief response from Whole Foods.

The rep said that they can't comment on potential sites but that they're actively looking in Boise.

I don't know if they're like TJ's in that TJ's will deny the opening of a new store unless it's within their 2-year plan, but the WF rep might have said more in that brief statement than TJ's ever would.

I know of the general area that WF was supposed to open in (on Front across from the downtown WinCo in that condo project), but I don't know exactly where it was supposed to go and if there's something else in that space now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 04:21 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,902,437 times
Lee & Associates, Commercial Real Estate Services, has this info at their website about Whole Foods and a hotel at that area along Broadway in front of Winco. Click on the View Brochure link and you will see info about the proposed store and an Aloft Hotel. Let's all hope this gets built because that vacant land is an eye sore and needs some buildings badly and will help create a more urban look as you enter downtown from Broadway and Front.

Lee & Associates

Old 06-16-2010, 03:04 PM

14 posts, read 37,188 times
A million times yes! I love Trader Joes! And A WF would be superb as well!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:23 PM

692 posts, read 3,142,740 times
Just and update for Whole Foods.

I just talked with a fellow involved with the proposed location at 4th and South Broadway for Whole Foods New Store.

Current Status..... It was put on hold but has now been put back in the possible catagory.

The City of Boise has had meetings in the last 2 months and Whole foods is planning on down sizing the project from 50,000 sq.ft. to approx 35,000 sq. ft.

He says there are more issues being discussed and within the next few months there could be some concrete news.

Hoping for the best.......

Old 06-24-2010, 08:51 PM

13 posts, read 49,779 times
Both whole foods and trader joes does very well both in reno & Berkeley so I really hope they open in Boise. Any help with my question regarding safer area for apt renting in Boise as I haven't yet relocated thanks!

Old 06-25-2010, 01:44 PM

3 posts, read 7,866 times
I don't live on Boise, but do spend time in the city and in Idaho as a whole. The town in which I live has a couple of Trader Joe's in the metro area. Like everyone, I guess, I was seduced by the novelty of the store as an alternative to the regular supermarket, or to more upscale somewhat organically conscious places like Whole Foods. After buying things at TJ's a couple of times, I won't go back.

Any packaged or canned product I bought was just...off. Canned vegetables were spiced poorly; packaged grains tasted as if the natural oils in them had gone slightly rancid. Nothing was horrible...it just was of an inferior quality and taste. I don't know if there's a Whole Foods in Boise, but I'd push hard for that. Expensive, but everything's great. What's cool about TJ's says it all: Two Buck Chuck.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,639 times
I would love to see a TJ's come to town. Excetp for the weight I will gain buying and eating there "Dunkers". I Love the store and all they offer. I don't live in Boise/Eagle area however if a TJ's was in town I would shop there!!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 PM

13 posts, read 49,779 times
Smile Trader Joes

I haven't relocated yet to Boise. I plan to soon for work however, I would love to see both a Trader Joes and a Whole Foods market. They did not have either when I relocated from Berkeley to Reno and It was difficult because I was not used to seeing so many fast food places on every corner. I did'nt grow up on that stuff. We have organic stores here too and I do not compare TJs with the Cheesecake factory. Of course we don't need more of those places anywhere. We do need healthier foods and to stop supersizing everything. There are room for local outlets as well as places like TJs and Whole Foods along with local farms. I hope both find new opportunities in the Boise area. Thanks, KimbaRNDNR

Old 06-29-2010, 08:28 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,486,880 times
I would LOVE to have a co-op here. When we lived in Seattle we loved PCC co-op. It's unfortunate that there isn't more health food stores/restaurants in this town. I'd love to see a Trader Joes come to town. An IKEA would be great too.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:39 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,365,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbaRNDNR View Post
I haven't relocated yet to Boise. I plan to soon for work however, I would love to see both a Trader Joes and a Whole Foods market. They did not have either when I relocated from Berkeley to Reno and It was difficult because I was not used to seeing so many fast food places on every corner. I did'nt grow up on that stuff. We have organic stores here too and I do not compare TJs with the Cheesecake factory. Of course we don't need more of those places anywhere. We do need healthier foods and to stop supersizing everything. There are room for local outlets as well as places like TJs and Whole Foods along with local farms. I hope both find new opportunities in the Boise area. Thanks, KimbaRNDNR
We have the Boise Co-op which is much better than a Trader Joes in my opinion. A Whole Foods would be nice to give the Co-op some competition, but it is hard to beat the Co-op. If you visit Boise the location is a few blocks north of the Capitol building on 8th Street.

There is some really good local produce coming into season and is plentiful at the Co-op as well as the local farmers markets. There are a lot of local farmers co-ops that you can join and have local produce delivered to your door. The Treasure Valley is like the breadbasket of the northwest and the local wine is fab too. Community gardens are becoming more and more popular throughout Boise and the area.

Last edited by TohobitPeak; 06-29-2010 at 08:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area