Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 01:17 PM

24 posts, read 42,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hp1167 View Post
Walks like a duck...
Quacks like a duck...
Looks like a duck...
Then WHY are YOU quacking?! How ridiculous your post is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
It all depends on the brand of mac and cheese you buy. I do not shop often at Winco, but I do know they carry organic additive free mac and cheese as well as the typical national brands. In fact I think Winco does a pretty good job at stocking their shelves with organic goods and gluten free goods.

I looked at a box from Winco that we still have here, and it is their organic mac and cheese and it is still horrible in taste and consistency. Maybe some of their products are good, but there is a HUGE difference between them and Trader Joe's!

Old 11-12-2010, 06:44 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
whether you like it or not.. boise is a wonderful place.. yes the economy sucks.. but it sucks everywhere and boise is a great place to live... it's not a matter of if but when boise becomes a "big city" It's happening under your noses as you all argue. I think it's great.. growth brings in new alternatives.. and if it is from california who cares? You can bring all the california to boise.. but boise is just so damn unique and wonderful that it will NEVER mirror california. Key is everyone being on the same page in making boise the best it can be for everyone in spite of the growing pains.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:43 PM

688 posts, read 1,489,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abn View Post
I'm just curious if there are any other people out there that would shop at Trader Joe's if it came to Boise/Eagle. If you are not familiar with it, it is a grocery store that offers everything but in a form that is good for you at very reasonable prices. Most of their foods do not contain hydrongenated oil and they do not carry any geneticaly modified products. They have organic products but regular products too and their prices are really reasonable. Really friendly and take time to get to know you. Give kids balloon each time, etc...Please share if you have any interest.
Why are there so many threads and posts here on City Data Forum that are about or relate "Trader Joes" and "IKEA" stores, or where one of them is going to open up. Just 10 minutes ago, read another thread about one opening up in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina (near Charleston), and as we no South Carolina and Idaho ain't too close to each other (I read a thread last night about one maybe opening in Louisville, and another one maybe in Cincinnati). Since I don't give a damn one way or another about shopping, other than to get what I absolutely need and go home, what the hell is the attraction of these places, or am I missing something?

Old 11-13-2010, 07:04 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravynnelyn View Post
Then WHY are YOU quacking?! How ridiculous your post is!
Someone loves their generic big box store...

Meh, if I'm going generic give me Target.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngirlie View Post
My family has just relocated to Boise from Atl, Georgia. We drove through a LOT of country on our 2-week adventure across America, and it was quite unsettling to see so many precious, American cities becoming one big cookie-cutter wal-mart shopping center. From the deep south, through Tx, Colorado and inbetween... you have a hard time distinguising one city from another. Driving though rolling hills of Alabama, taking in miles of gorgeous green trees that give way to.... a big Wal-Mart sign! You see that BIG sign off the highway and low and behold... a bed bath and beyond, Kohls, Best Buy are also nearby. We saw this over and over and over. Goodland, Kansas wasn't even on the map... but they had a wal-mart shopping center.

It's a sad sad thing. Why are we letting this happen to our beautiful country? I lived in Arizona as a kid and remember Phoenix being such a great place. We stopped to see some family on our move and were so disappointed to see what has happened to the place. Thankfully, beyond Phoenix and the East Valley, there is still so much untouched beauty. Just GORGEOUS, rugged desert, mountains and Joshua Trees. But for how long?

I see much of Boise in the same light. Downtown and the Northend are fabulous... but SE Boise and the nearby cities, Meridian in particular, are part of the wal-mart america craze. You might as well be in Plano, Denver, Phoenix, Tuscaloolsa or any other city that has fallen craze to mass marketing at it's finest.
Just WHAT does all of what you said have anything to DO with Trader Joe's!!?? This is ridiculous. I am in the Nampa area and there is ONE Wal-Mart. There is no crazed mass marketing here!! Trader Joe's does not even LOOK like a chain store...they are small stores that look like neighborhood stores with friendly, courteous staff and fantastic products and prices!! Meridian is still a very nice place to live by the way. This is a whole "nother" world up here...laid back, beautiful, and calm. Having Trader Joe's in this state is not going to change that.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravynnelyn View Post
Just WHAT does all of what you said have anything to DO with Trader Joe's!!?? This is ridiculous. I am in the Nampa area and there is ONE Wal-Mart. There is no crazed mass marketing here!! Trader Joe's does not even LOOK like a chain store...they are small stores that look like neighborhood stores with friendly, courteous staff and fantastic products and prices!! Meridian is still a very nice place to live by the way. This is a whole "nother" world up here...laid back, beautiful, and calm. Having Trader Joe's in this state is not going to change that.
What?

All of Meridian is pretty much sprawled out Anywhere USA. Same with Nampa.

McDonalds Walmart Target Home Depot Lowes Fred Meyer and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

You're right that TJ's wouldn't change that - just adding one more to the club.

I get that you like the store. But quit pretending it's not something that it is.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenfan View Post
I got a fairly quick and brief response from Whole Foods.

The rep said that they can't comment on potential sites but that they're actively looking in Boise.

I don't know if they're like TJ's in that TJ's will deny the opening of a new store unless it's within their 2-year plan, but the WF rep might have said more in that brief statement than TJ's ever would.

I know of the general area that WF was supposed to open in (on Front across from the downtown WinCo in that condo project), but I don't know exactly where it was supposed to go and if there's something else in that space now.
Whole Foods is called Whole Paycheck in California. It is an expensive, no personality store that is nowhere near as good as Trader Joe's. They can put a store in Boise, but I sure will not shop there! What a mistake Boise is making in allowing Whole Foods and then letting that stupid subdivision stop a Trader Joe's from being built.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
What?

All of Meridian is pretty much sprawled out Anywhere USA. Same with Nampa.

McDonalds Walmart Target Home Depot Lowes Fred Meyer and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

You're right that TJ's wouldn't change that - just adding one more to the club.

I get that you like the store. But quit pretending it's not something that it is.
Pretending?! What dream world are you inhabiting!? Trader Joe's is NOT like McDonald's, Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, Lowe's, Fred Meyer, and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. It has NOTHING AT ALL in common with those huge box stores! Have you ever BEEN in a Trader Joe's!??? I highly doubt it! Trader Joe's is a SMALL store with a relaxed small town market air about it.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:50 AM

Do you work for Trader Joe's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area