Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 04:13 PM

3 posts, read 3,822 times

Advertisements

We're moving in to a house in SW Boise off 5 Mile and Overland. What are some good stores to get appliances, mattresses and furniture? I would love same day or 1 day delivery as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 07:23 PM

12 posts, read 25,086 times
depends on what you are looking for... do you want cheap china stuff, expensive china stuff, high end stuff?

appliances no different then any other place for the usual brands: best buy, home depot, sears, lowes. if you want high end stuff, than it's better to search for dealers for the brands you are looking for.

for mattresses I'd go to sleep country usa

for furniture you need to specify a budget, you can buy a $300 couch or a $3000 chair in town

Old 09-23-2014, 09:18 AM

3 posts, read 3,822 times
not cheap but not super expense. Like a couple thousand for a couch. I am more concerned with quality and not breaking the bank.

Any thoughts on RC Wiley?

Old 09-23-2014, 09:32 AM

719 posts, read 1,570,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaag View Post
not cheap but not super expense. Like a couple thousand for a couch. I am more concerned with quality and not breaking the bank.

Any thoughts on RC Wiley?
They have a lot of selection. A lot of their furniture is a little junky but some if it is pretty good. We bought a leather couch and love seat there a couple of years ago that seem to be holding up well in our family room. I don't know how they do on appliances but I imagine they're reasonably competitive. They do deliver but aren't open on Sundays. You might also check out CHF on Orchard/Franklin and maybe Ennis down in the Linen District.

Another place to look at for appliances is the Sears Outlet by Cabelas on Franklin. They have a lot of refurbished stuff or stuff that was dinged up a bit at some point. It wouldn't necessarily be something you'd want in your house, but if you're wanting a spare freezer or fridge in the garage it could be a good option. I bought a cosmetically dinged up freezer there for cheap awhile back that was otherwise fine (new, under warranty and energy star) - I think it was only around $300 and it's a big upright.

Costco is great if they happen to have what you're looking for, but they don't deliver.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:59 PM

863 posts, read 2,996,327 times
Personally I've found RC Willey to be overpriced. Ennis is high end. You might check out MOR furniture on Fairview or Furniture Row off Milwaukee. CHF also has an outlet.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:28 AM

61 posts, read 164,286 times
I had really good luck with CHF Home Furnishings off Orchard. Prices are pretty good and my appliance package turned out to the be the cheapest that I found for building my new home.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:20 PM

12 posts, read 25,086 times
I have a leather couch from Furniture Row and I like it, it was around 2K, I first bought one with moving/reclining chairs and the seams started to rip after a year and a half and they took it back and gave me a store credit, I bought another leather sofa, no moving parts and I'm happy. The cushion is durable and my first one didn't show any sign of use at all. I also have a chair, not leather but the fabric is not high quality, already showing signs of use, doesn't look pretty as the leather sofa, but the cushion is still in excellent shape!

zgallery (The Village) has some more modern stuff, but mostly is made in china stuff and expensive. But I've seen a few good quality pieces that weren't very expensive.

echelon (Main St, a block south of Idaho Mountain Touring) is an expensive store downtown, but some stuff are "payable", they have some really crazy prices like $2K for a mirror, but they also have some stuff that seem to be worth the price. Not as expensive as ennis, but more than most.

rc willey is all over the place, they have some nice pieces, but also some that you find everywhere. So be aware to check the quality when buying there! Prices are somewhere between furniture row and echelon

Old 09-25-2014, 09:34 PM

4 posts, read 7,587 times
for furniture go to Model Home Furnishings in Eagle. They sell everything to you at builder's cost, and if they don't have what you want, they have several catalogs and will order it in for you. I got an Ashley Furniture bedroom set for only $1400. A comparable set I was considering at another location was $2400.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area