Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2023, 03:50 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowgirl View Post
Oh I agree!! Thank you
Let us know your findings and where you end up. Information and knowledge is key.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2023, 07:03 PM

159 posts, read 187,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Let us know your findings and where you end up. Information and knowledge is key.
Sure will!

Old 08-18-2023, 12:26 AM

818 posts, read 1,066,796 times
The last Hayden Home I sold the buyer is very happy with. We found that their starting quality was higher than CBH or Hubble. What would have been "upgrades" with the other builders were "standard features" with Hayden Homes.

Old 08-19-2023, 09:44 AM

32,632 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
The last Hayden Home I sold the buyer is very happy with. We found that their starting quality was higher than CBH or Hubble. What would have been "upgrades" with the other builders were "standard features" with Hayden Homes.
My observation is that Hayden Homes, and other huge national builders, build to different price points. They have different levels of quality in the differing subdivisions. Expensive subdivisions have the upgrades and better construction materials. Economy level subdivisions have corner cutting to keep the price down and no added little luxuries.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:36 PM

OregonWoodSmoke - You are correct in that each community has a different standard for quality even with the exact same builder. For example, CBH has their Harrison model which is a single level home at 2,025 sq. ft. There are currently 12 offered for sale in Ada County ranging from $439,900 up to $509,990! That is a range of $217 - $251 a sq. ft. for the same model. Lot pricing, finishes, elevation, and a 2 vs 3 car garage are all factors too. That is why I NEVER use price per square foot for valuation purposes! That same model can be built/bought in Caldwell currently for $413,990!

Old 08-24-2023, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
OregonWoodSmoke - You are correct in that each community has a different standard for quality even with the exact same builder. For example, CBH has their Harrison model which is a single level home at 2,025 sq. ft. There are currently 12 offered for sale in Ada County ranging from $439,900 up to $509,990! That is a range of $217 - $251 a sq. ft. for the same model. Lot pricing, finishes, elevation, and a 2 vs 3 car garage are all factors too. That is why I NEVER use price per square foot for valuation purposes! That same model can be built/bought in Caldwell currently for $413,990!
Location makes a big difference in price!

Old 10-30-2023, 09:04 AM

FYI - We have decided to stay in TN for now. Home prices have increased far beyond what we can afford in ID! TN hasn't caught up yet!
Our realtor, Jim Paulsen did a great job assisting us. He is very honest and wasn't just looking for a quick sale. He pointed out the good and the bad. Purchasing long distance isn't easy. He went above and beyond.

Old 10-30-2023, 12:57 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
Quote:
FYI - We have decided to stay in TN for now. Home prices have increased far beyond what we can afford in ID! TN hasn't caught up yet!
Our realtor, Jim Paulsen did a great job assisting us. He is very honest and wasn't just looking for a quick sale. He pointed out the good and the bad. Purchasing long distance isn't easy. He went above and beyond.
How about the Nampa area in Idaho?

Old 10-31-2023, 11:07 AM

Quote:
FYI - ... Our realtor, Jim Paulsen did a great job assisting us. He is very honest and wasn't just looking for a quick sale. He pointed out the good and the bad. Purchasing long distance isn't easy. He went above and beyond.
Thank you for your kind words! I have relocated numerous times myself and can appreciate what people go through during the process. This forum has been good for my business over the years so I try to give back to it as well. I will be here if and when you are ready to come back. Jim Paulson

Old 12-29-2023, 07:48 PM

661 posts, read 832,364 times
Quote:
There are inland areas in CA now cheaper than Idaho, looks like some might be moving for political reasons more than price, but who knows. Price, wise it does not seem to be logical anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area