Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 03:25 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,486,778 times

Advertisements

I have read:

The Shinning
Carrie
Dreamcatcher (I coudln't finish it... too slow.)

Short stories:

Dolan's Cadillac
Chattery teeth.
Dedication.
The moving finger.
Sneakers.
You know they got a Hell of a Band

Films:

Carrie
Needful things.
Children of the Corn

I loved Carrie the most and the short stories. But I think he wrotes too slow, I mean too many pages and words to transmit the idea, his stories are really good and awesome but too many pages for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 01:03 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,607,367 times
I used to be a Stephen King junkie. Liked all his stuff up until after Geralds Game. I got tired of him leaning on "Theres an evil energy trapped in the mountain" or "There's a kid with psychic abilities".

Old 10-14-2013, 10:21 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
I used to be a Stephen King junkie. Liked all his stuff up until after Geralds Game. I got tired of him leaning on "Theres an evil energy trapped in the mountain" or "There's a kid with psychic abilities".
I skipped Geralds. I'm under the impression that getting hit by a car did Stephen King well on the book Department. Under The Dome, Duma Key, and Doctor Sleep surpass the crap that was Geralds Game and INsomia.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:41 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,607,367 times
I'm one of the few that liked Geralds Game..I think because it is one of his books in that era that wasn't somehow supernatural. That's what burned me out, the supernatural stuff.

I need to give him another go. I've heard he has some good ones lately. (I do read his short story books..'Full Dark, No stars' and a couple other newer ones that I can't remember the names of..I also just read 'Joyland'..It didn't grab me)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books