Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2019, 01:55 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,323,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post

In Boston, style is subdued. Flashy is gaudy. Overly friendly is intrusive. A female who tries to stand out must be available - perhaps for a price.
This^^^
Get off your high horses: there are plenty of beautiful smart black women in Boston
Nothing to do with your race: black, white, Asian- if you are wearing your “ high-end makeup” face and a “go clubbing” hair during a day in (for all places)- Panera? You will get stares..
These could be their thoughts:
“ wow, that girl partied right into the morning!- guess she does not need to go to work...”
“ is it her pimp? Or a boyfriend?”
“ is it a woman or a cross dressing man?, tranny? etc”
“ is that a real LV or fake?”- possibly that Asian girl turned around for that..
“ how much”
I guess you are from the South...
Sorry, that you did not get a reaction you were going for: wow, what a beauty, how refined, very expensive...

Basically according to Boston standards you were inappropriate for a daytime morning couple having a meal at Panera( “not that there is anything wrong with that!”)

Last edited by Nik4me; 03-27-2019 at 02:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 02:56 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,323,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
Show me a black guy who likes the type of music like that- that is your answer, nothing to do with race.
Walk 5 min from Fenway to a sports grounds off of Park dr- sort off across the Museum of Fine arts - you will see a bunch of black and sometimes white kids playing together shooting hoops

Old 03-27-2019, 03:31 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Eh, I have lately not been impressed by the parenting skills of many of these so called "affluent college educated white collared professionals" or whatever you want to call them. Their own HS Diploma blue-collar parents did a much better job raising them than they do raising their own kids IMHO.
Regardless of their parenting skills, "affluent college educated white collared professionals" don't want their children growing up with kids who speak ghetto language, don't want to go to college and who want to be a player and/or a thuggie and think that making baby mommas is acceptable behaviour. Parents have a hard enough time trying to make their kids listen to them and behave, they don't want to have any extra bad influences on their children.

Old 03-27-2019, 04:15 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,571,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Show me a black guy who likes the type of music like that- that is your answer, nothing to do with race.
Walk 5 min from Fenway to a sports grounds off of Park dr- sort off across the Museum of Fine arts - you will see a bunch of black and sometimes white kids playing together shooting hoops
i used to play ball down there off of jersey st.

the point of the article is that its racist that the caucasion managers at an inclusive venue such as fenway park has only invited caucasion acts to perform there.

i dont blame you. you are racist and therefor cant see how just going along with the status quo is racism (saying black persons who probably would never enjoy themselves listening to zac brown band inside the venue should be content with being able to share a basketball court with white kids ?).

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 03-27-2019 at 04:26 PM..

Old 03-27-2019, 06:04 PM
miu

Quote:
i used to play ball down there off of jersey st.

the point of the article is that its racist that the caucasion managers at an inclusive venue such as fenway park has only invited caucasion acts to perform there.

i dont blame you. you are racist and therefor cant see how just going along with the status quo is racism (saying black persons who probably would never enjoy themselves listening to zac brown band inside the venue should be content with being able to share a basketball court with white kids ?).
I've worked at Xfinity Center for both traditional white acts and also black talent. And it's not racist, to not want to deal with the fans of black music acts. Fans of black music are just more work to deal with. They throw their trash around more and then one never knows if there is going to be any street gang inspired frictions in the crowd.

And the concert promoters who use Fenway are responsible for keeping Fenway Park in the same perfect condition as they get it from the Red Sox management.

But aside from all of that, the problem with Fenway concerts is the people who live in the area. They aren't happy with the loud music to begin with, and it would be worse for them if it's black music, because that's not the music they like to listen to. Maybe if Fenway was surrounded by a black majority neighborhood, it would be different.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:25 PM

6,807 posts, read 6,038,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I've worked at Xfinity Center for both traditional white acts and also black talent. And it's not racist, to not want to deal with the fans of black music acts. Fans of black music are just more work to deal with. They throw their trash around more and then one never knows if there is going to be any street gang inspired frictions in the crowd.
I just googled “crime at the Xfinity Center” and the first thing that came up was a rape charge raised against a white man at a Kieth Urban concert in 2014. I call BS on this racist, trash post.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:16 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,118,146 times
Quote:

i dont blame you. you are racist and therefor cant see how just going along with the status quo is racism .
You really sound like you have a chip on your shoulder. As far as I'm concerned not everything is about race. There has not been one band that played Fenway that I care to see. Furthermore, As a fan of hip hop music and going to about 3 dozen shows. It doesn't seem to translate into arena type venues. It's always the same, put your hands up! Boston! 5 people on stage pacing and yelling. Crap loops. It's not really the right art for that setting. There are plenty of black artists I would love to see play fenway. Not hip hop, thats for sure.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:28 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
I just googled “crime at the Xfinity Center” and the first thing that came up was a rape charge raised against a white man at a Kieth Urban concert in 2014. I call BS on this racist, trash post.
Please re-read my post. I NEVER said that black audiences were raping or assaulting anyone, but as a group, they are messier and since there is a lot of black on black crime in the poorer sections of black neighborhoods... and that is where most of the fans of black music live, it is reasonable to worry about them bringing the same issues to where they go for entertainment.

Otherwise, it's not a matter of Fenway Park not inviting black music artists to play there, it's all on the promoters to do that. And most promoters book acts that they personally like the music of. If a black music promoter wants to book an act at Fenway Park, they are certainly able to do that.

But also consider, how many fans of black music want to have to sit in those ballpark seats, which are hard and narrow. They are not conducive for standing and dancing. A few months back, a black artist did play at the Orpheum Theatre, and there were some issues of some of the black women not being able to fit in their seats due to them being too overweight. Anyway, Fenway might not be that good a venue for black music acts and their fan base.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:29 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
Quote:
Regardless of their parenting skills, "affluent college educated white collared professionals" don't want their children growing up with kids who speak ghetto language, don't want to go to college and who want to be a player and/or a thuggie and think that making baby mommas is acceptable behaviour. Parents have a hard enough time trying to make their kids listen to them and behave, they don't want to have any extra bad influences on their children.

Yep

Old 03-28-2019, 08:35 AM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:
Neither do "lesser than affluent" middle-class or blue-collar folk. Lower class, yes that is a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston