Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 06:11 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,475,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
No he wasn't. He was a 19 year old undergrad.
And he was failing many classes at that. Perhaps that was part of his frustration, or maybe he was flunking cuz he was too busy with his studies in the field of explosives and other low doings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 06:24 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
No, I believe people have the right to due process. I made the remark because a lot of people were calling for his head because he is a 'terrorist'. Thanks to the NDAA, American Citizens can be killed if deemed a terrorist. Fail.
While I'm no fan of the NDAA, in this specific case all due process rules have been followed this far & no rights have been violated regardless of what others may have called for thus its not really relevant to the discussion at hand.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:09 PM

335 posts, read 670,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
No he wasn't. He was a 19 year old undergrad.
oh okay i might be confusing it with the brother Tamerlan who was killed.

It gets confusing after awhile with these two an the change and updates with info.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:10 PM

335 posts, read 670,297 times
CBS News just mentioned they had to move the family who own the boat to a SAFE PLACE they are getting death threats.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:51 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,475,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2O13 View Post
CBS News just mentioned they had to move the family who own the boat to a SAFE PLACE they are getting death threats.
Well that's not good. I'm afraid that means this may not be over yet.

On the upside, perhaps those calls are traceable and will net us some of the men behind the curtain...

Old 04-21-2013, 11:29 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,946,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Well that's not good. I'm afraid that means this may not be over yet.

On the upside, perhaps those calls are traceable and will net us some of the men behind the curtain...
It's possible those are the conspiracy nut jobs making those calls. They harassed the psychologist at Newtown too.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
Actually, the right is protection against unreasonable search and seizure.
There was nothing unreasonable about it. Again, stop putting your own personal preferences above that over everyone else. That's indefensible.

Quote:
I get that you're trying to frame this discussion with you being "someone who knows better,"
Who do you think I am? I assure you, I am not the governor nor any member of law enforcement.

And yes, they do know better than you.

Quote:
but you're just coming off as sanctimonious.
And you're just coming off as self-centered, placing your own person assessment of the situation over theirs.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
There was nothing unreasonable about it. Again, stop putting your own personal preferences above that over everyone else. That's indefensible.

Who do you think I am? I assure you, I am not the governor nor any member of law enforcement.

And yes, they do know better than you.

And you're just coming off as self-centered, placing your own person assessment of the situation over theirs.
Sorry dude, not buying it. Just because somebody does something for a living doesn't make them infallible or guarantee that they won't abuse their power.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:19 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Sorry dude, not buying it.
Your not buying it is unsurprising: You've made clear that you have an agenda that marks you as a partisan opposed to the reasonable measures employed to protect the community.

Quote:
Just because somebody does something for a living doesn't make them infallible or guarantee that they won't abuse their power.
And just because someone posts an objection to protecting the community on the Internet doesn't mean that they're even remotely trustworthy or credible.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Your not buying it is unsurprising: You've made clear that you have an agenda that marks you as a partisan opposed to the reasonable measures employed to protect the community.

And just because someone posts an objection to protecting the community on the Internet doesn't mean that they're even remotely trustworthy or credible.
Can you actually lodge an argument without resorting to attacks on my character? You have no idea what I do with my time when I'm not tooling around with people like you. You don't "trust" me. Great. Then don't hire me to mow your grass. I spend plenty of time actually doing things to help make my community better. I doubt that you do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston