Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 09:11 PM

652 posts, read 749,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sha23 View Post
So nothing really for free workday parking? I was looking around the Oak Grove or Malden Center stops for orange line parking, and Braintree or Quincy Adams stops for red line parking.

Dude, if there was free parking, everyone would know about it and use it and there would not be a market for paid parking, also we probably wouldn’t tell you

I want a gold toilet too but it’s just not happening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 05:16 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,116,611 times
It's people like this that clog up all the parking for residents in my neighborhood. they find every nook and cranny to park their cars within walking distance to the T. For your convenience you screw residence trying to live their lives. Think about it.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:14 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,412,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There are tiny pockets around, but I don't know any at those places. For obvious reasons, the pockets aren't advertised. For good reason this isn't widely available as commuters would inundate and jam these neighborhoods to save a few bucks a day.

Just like, within the 5 boroughs of New York City, I learned (on my own) of street locations in various neighborhoods in the boroughs outside Manhattan where one could park for free WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS but I never told about them to anyone else . . . for I didn't want the few such places to have all their parking spaces all used up before I myself could get to use them (e.g., if wishing to go to the city by car from, say, Long Island, but not wanting to bring the car into Manhattan itself, I'd park in certain areas of Queens still walkably close enough to a subway stop and then take the subway into Manhattan and stay in Manhattan for however long-- even if to the middle-of-the-night in the AM hours --and then take the subway from Manhattan back to that Queeens location, walk from the subway to my parked car, and drive back to Long Island). It was my own secret that I didn't ever share with the world-at-large, for I knew I'd lose its availability for myself if everybody and anybody ALSO knew as well about such free and unrestricted parking places as well as myself knowing about them.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:07 AM

2,190 posts, read 2,231,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
One used to be able to park for free on Medford St. in Charlestown just outside of Sullivan Sq. But it's been at least 4 years since I've done that.
Nope

550 Medford St
https://goo.gl/maps/PTZLC2F3LFz

Old 12-07-2018, 07:02 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,791,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rethcir View Post
Dude, if there was free parking, everyone would know about it and use it and there would not be a market for paid parking, also we probably wouldn’t tell you

I want a gold toilet too but it’s just not happening
Word to yo motha.

Old 12-08-2018, 06:05 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sha23 View Post
Is free parking a thing in the metro-Boston area? Especially near a T-station. Where is free parking, particularly near Orange or Red Line stations, and is it easy to find in the morning? Are there time restrictions for parking in plazas or neighborhoods?
You can park anywhere you want for free, those signs are just for tourists!

You can park right in front of city hall, any fire hydrant or heck even the entrance to the fire station! Can't squeeze into a spot, just double park it like in NYC! Bus lanes are fair game and the handicap spots are fine if you limp a little when you walk away. I like to do the "Kaiser Soze" move like Kevin Spacey did in the movie, limp a little and then slowly transform into walking normal. Most people don't notice a guy not limping after a few hundred feet.

Now the parking I mentioned above is definitely free, but these guys in diesel trucks like to spoil the fun. They temporarily "STEAL" your car. Then you have to go to their hideout and pay an offensive person a few hundred dollars to get your car back. It is usually in a bad neighborhood and they always want cash so be prepared and enjoy the free parking!

Old 12-08-2018, 11:55 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,568,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There are tiny pockets around, but I don't know any at those places. For obvious reasons, the pockets aren't advertised. For good reason this isn't widely available as commuters would inundate and jam these neighborhoods to save a few bucks a day.
this what it was like for me growing up near davis.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:08 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,791,376 times
I know I answered but the original post is from June. Dude is probably still driving around looking for where to park for free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston