Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2022, 10:17 AM

5,126 posts, read 2,702,853 times

Advertisements

When criminals know they likely won't be held fully accountable under the law, they tend to be more brazen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2022, 10:27 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,079,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I wonder why there's been such a surge in violence. I wonder if it has anything to do with inflation and the looming bad economy...but I'm not sure this is something any of these folks even think about
Gentrification played a role - section 8 dumps are getting converted into condos and rival gangbangers keep getting squeezed into smaller and smaller area where wrong-colored hats that needless to say call for a full clip getting emptied down a busy street are in much closer proximity and therefore are a lot easier to spot.

Old 10-17-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I think it's been brewing for a good while now, I'm just surprised it took this long.

Those with influence aren't going to say anything because they rely on the Boston Globe for news, which deliberately keeps them in the dark of what's actually going on. And they don't live in the neighborhoods being affected at this time, so until yuppies start being jumped in the Seaport or Jamaica Pond...it's not happening.
But when yuppies get mugged it's the fault of the police, not the criminals.

Old 10-17-2022, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Gentrification played a role - section 8 dumps are getting converted into condos and rival gangbangers keep getting squeezed into smaller and smaller area where wrong-colored hats that needless to say call for a full clip getting emptied down a busy street are in much closer proximity and therefore are a lot easier to spot.
The gang violence is occurring in pretty much the same areas as it has over the last 30+ years. The random crime seems to be increasing and is more spread out.

Old 10-17-2022, 10:58 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,079,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
But when yuppies get mugged it's the fault of the police, not the criminals.
Not quite - when it comes to limousine liberals they're actually able to defy the laws of physics. As soon as one gets mugged their generous, compassionate, bleeding heart turns into stone so cold it's actually several degrees below absolute zero.

Old 10-17-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Not quite - when it comes to limousine liberals they're actually able to defy the laws of physics. As soon as one gets mugged their generous, compassionate, bleeding hearts turns into stone so cold it's actually several degrees below absolute zero.
In some cases, yes. But most aren't willing to abandon their progressive philosophy so easily as it would imply they might be wrong about something. Much easier and less mentally taxing to blame law enforcement.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:04 PM

16,636 posts, read 8,354,811 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Not much to chew on in that article. I'm guessing it was late-night in which case will probably bring more heat on limiting the closing hours. I've spent more than a few late nights at Bova's, but not recently.
Here's some more info on that one :

https://www.masslive.com/police-fire...outputType=amp

Old 10-17-2022, 06:15 PM

Hmm. Sounds like it had nothing to do with Bova's.

Old 10-17-2022, 07:16 PM

16,636 posts, read 8,354,811 times
I never implied that it did lol. Bar fights typically have nothing to do with the bar. I'm guessing maybe some drunks ended up at bovas that night and one thing led to another.

I just thought it was kind of a funny out of the ordinary story for their to be such a fight at a bakery in the north end. Glad no one dies and sorry to the owners who will need to replace the window

Old 10-17-2022, 07:33 PM

It doesn't even say what time it was. Bova's used to be open 24 hours so it certainly did attract people who were inebriated. Not sure if they still do 24 hours or late night. I recall some 15-20 years ago when they agreed to stop selling pizza at a certain hour to cut down on some of the rowdy late-night foot traffic. Kind of ridiculous that a business serving not booze, but pizza and baked goods, would be blamed for rowdies. But they were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston