Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2023, 07:28 AM

16,643 posts, read 8,369,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
They need one for the MA room as well. Lots of threads about murders and other grisly crimes. I'm shocked at how much attention they attract and how much some people seem to love playing online detective, judge and jury.
There are forums where posts and conversations about crime get way more in depth than they do here. There are many armchair detectives and internet sleuths who spend much of their time looking into present crimes and crimes that happened 30 years ago. Why in the hell would that shock you ?! Some of these sleuths have revived cold cases and had the local police depts re open the case and actually solve them using new DNA evidence.

People here can be so weird. There are many things in life to discuss. If you don't want to talk about crimes don't. Continue you talk about where to get the best scallops and how much you paid for a house 20 years ago and how great MA is.

I still want to know what happened to Maura Murray and karina homer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2023, 09:42 AM

5,126 posts, read 2,705,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
There are forums where posts and conversations about crime get way more in depth than they do here. There are many armchair detectives and internet sleuths who spend much of their time looking into present crimes and crimes that happened 30 years ago. Why in the hell would that shock you ?! Some of these sleuths have revived cold cases and had the local police depts re open the case and actually solve them using new DNA evidence.

People here can be so weird. There are many things in life to discuss. If you don't want to talk about crimes don't. Continue you talk about where to get the best scallops and how much you paid for a house 20 years ago and how great MA is.

I still want to know what happened to Maura Murray and karina homer.
It shocks me because we're not on a true crime forum. There is a True Crime forum on this board, and I would think those who are really into spending time discussing grisly crimes and such would be over there doing their thing. On the second bold point, I don't. Or at least I don't spend much time dissecting and speculating about major crimes based on newspaper articles. I may make a comment here and there, but having a half dozen or more threads on major crimes like murder and rape going at one time on the MA or Boston board seems a little out of place to me. On the other hand, posts about street crimes in various neighborhoods are quite approprriate in my view. That's my opinion but you're free to ignore it and discuss a serial killer.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 07-04-2023 at 09:51 AM..

Old 07-04-2023, 12:57 PM

We're also not in a real estate form and look how much that is discussed on here...that doesn't get boring ?

Crime is interesting to people and the Boston area has had some interesting cases this past year and in previous years. I've been on other citydata state/city forums and they talk about local crime as well.

Old 07-04-2023, 01:20 PM

Quote:
We're also not in a real estate form and look how much that is discussed on here...that doesn't get boring ?

Crime is interesting to people and the Boston area has had some interesting cases this past year and in previous years. I've been on other citydata state/city forums and they talk about local crime as well.
Usually no more than one or two and it's related to the spirit of city-data. Yes, it's often boring. But it's not sadistic.

Old 07-04-2023, 01:23 PM

Yeah but the real estate thread on the ma page is the only thread that gets attention at times. It's responded to multiple times a day. Not sadistic but lots of gloating from people about how much they can afford and how much their house value has gone up blah blah.

I guess pick your poison...read about people bragging or read about deaths/shootings in your state

Old 07-04-2023, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yeah but the real estate thread on the ma page is the only thread that gets attention at times. It's responded to multiple times a day. Not sadistic but lots of gloating from people about how much they can afford and how much their house value has gone up blah blah.

I guess pick your poison...read about people bragging or read about deaths/shootings in your state
The pretentious/materialistic crowd find their way into most threads.

Old 07-04-2023, 02:04 PM

The real estate thread can be interesting since RE has become so ridiculous around here but the positing of homes and critiquing them is a new thing this year. I just wonder how many times it can be discussed that yes MA prices have greatly increased and yes it's expensive to live in the Boston area.

Old 07-05-2023, 05:47 AM

17,864 posts, read 9,304,638 times
Five shot in Mattapan Square

https://twitter.com/LiveBoston617/st...82453203025922

"River St and Edgewater Dr - State Police and Boston Police are on scene with at least 5 people confirmed shot. Hundreds of fireworks liter the area of the shooting. Boston EMS has transported 3 patients, with 2 additional walk-ins."

Old 07-05-2023, 05:50 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGWKolfubV0

Old 07-05-2023, 05:51 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByQfwvKq4oM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston