Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2021, 04:26 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,707,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Hartford have more shootings, assaults, homicides but now overall crime rate is higher than New Haven since 2012. New Haven have seedy areas but it doesn't have rough look like Hartford, Waterbury, Bridgeport.
Yes Hartford has more crimes on persons and probably more Part I crimes and NH probably has more property and Part II crimes, but I think if you look at overall numbers NH will be slightly higher. Not important enough to me to collect them right now and it is a small difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 04:36 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,707,627 times
And, interestingly, I saw recently that Hartford is using unmanned aircraft to assist law enforcement efforts.

Old 10-10-2021, 07:33 PM

16,668 posts, read 8,384,368 times
https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...uries/2512935/

I heard the person died.

Old 10-10-2021, 09:30 PM

21,746 posts, read 12,894,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post

Wood Ave Eagles
land. This is maybe 3/4 blocks from my childhood home.

Par for the course unfortunately. That intersection, especially, looks like peaceful suburbs. I rememebr back in the day we werent allowed to even walk on Wood Ave period, without our parents. I also remember the hockey rink up at the park was wear kids would hide behid the boards to rob other kids on their way to the basketball court. We had to take th lower pathway from Ayles street, never the upper onem for that reason. Hockey Rink has long since been torn down.

https://www.universalhub.com/crime/2...ound-hyde-park

It's the latest in a series of gun-related incidents near Ross Playground: In July, a man was charged with threatening two people with a gun on Reddy Avenue, a month after another man was charged with threatening four people with a gun near the park.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:55 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,080,296 times
Those eagles would have turned into turkeys and thanksgiving would have come early if all those cell phones, shouting, flying spittle, flying bottles and faces twisted with hatred came out at the sight of a gangbanger, not a cop, and the general attitude changed from "I ain't seen sh*t, pig!" to "we've seen everything, officer!"

I get it, it hurts seeing your streets running red with blood and finding fresh bullet holes in your cars and windows, but it's difficult to feel sorry for someone whose pain is entirely self-inflicted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post

Wood Ave Eagles
land. This is maybe 3/4 blocks from my childhood home.

Par for the course unfortunately. That intersection, especially, looks like peaceful suburbs. I rememebr back in the day we werent allowed to even walk on Wood Ave period, without our parents. I also remember the hockey rink up at the park was wear kids would hide behid the boards to rob other kids on their way to the basketball court. We had to take th lower pathway from Ayles street, never the upper onem for that reason. Hockey Rink has long since been torn down.

https://www.universalhub.com/crime/2...ound-hyde-park

It's the latest in a series of gun-related incidents near Ross Playground: In July, a man was charged with threatening two people with a gun on Reddy Avenue, a month after another man was charged with threatening four people with a gun near the park.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:25 AM

23,747 posts, read 18,863,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Those eagles would have turned into turkeys and thanksgiving would have come early if all those cell phones, shouting, flying spittle, flying bottles and faces twisted with hatred came out at the sight of a gangbanger, not a cop, and the general attitude changed from "I ain't seen sh*t, pig!" to "we've seen everything, officer!"

I get it, it hurts seeing your streets running red with blood and finding fresh bullet holes in your cars and windows, but it's difficult to feel sorry for someone whose pain is entirely self-inflicted.

It's not that simple. It takes a lot more cajones to mouth off to a gangbanger, than a police officer who has his hands tied by the law. The "Eagles" don't have a "use of force" policy, that they have to adhere to. The Boston Police do. Saying "we've seen everything officer" is often a good way to wind up in the morgue, unfortunately.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:45 AM

If it's one mouth, sure. If it's 5,000-10,000 mouths all at once as is the case with the police, on the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
It's not that simple. It takes a lot more cajones to mouth off to a gangbanger, than a police officer who has his hands tied by the law. The "Eagles" don't have a "use of force" policy, that they have to adhere to. The Boston Police do. Saying "we've seen everything officer" is often a good way to wind up in the morgue, unfortunately.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:49 AM

23,747 posts, read 18,863,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
If it's one mouth, sure. If it's 5,000-10,000 mouths all at once as is the case with the police, on the other hand...

In a political sense, you are absolutely right. I'm old enough to remember Operation Ceasefire. Can you imagine that happening today?

Old 10-11-2021, 09:49 AM

Anyone who suggests that approach (which has reduced the murders to all-time low, by the way) in today's political batsh*ttery will be immediately branded a racist sheet-covered imperial wizard trumphitler and lynched by the cancel mob on the spot. All while shots keep going off in the background and bodies keep piling up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
In a political sense, you are absolutely right. I'm old enough to remember Operation Ceasefire. Can you imagine that happening today?

Old 10-11-2021, 11:13 AM

2,502 posts, read 4,449,778 times
Summers over. Was it a "rough summer?" Or typical?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston