Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2021, 10:48 AM

2,502 posts, read 4,449,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
How about the lovely city of Jackson? You folks been playing nice down there?
Jackson is not lovely. It's a chithole. On a per capita basis, the murder rate is one of the highest in the country.

No one has any solutions. Can't hire more cops because they can't afford to pay the ones we already have. I think they start at about $30,000 per year. The city is poor af.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 11:13 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,079,902 times
Don't you also have one of those hotep nutjob new afrikkkans for a mayor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Jackson is not lovely. It's a chithole. On a per capita basis, the murder rate is one of the highest in the country.

No one has any solutions. Can't hire more cops because they can't afford to pay the ones we already have. I think they start at about $30,000 per year. The city is poor af.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:19 AM

23,738 posts, read 18,855,643 times
Quote:

Is the poster GrandviewGloria still around? I remember she had a pretty humorous take on that city. I never been there myself, so not sure if she exaggerated or not.

Old 10-12-2021, 12:08 PM

Many of those locations are within the Farish St historic district. Historic district, Carl!

Quote:

Old 10-18-2021, 06:38 AM

21,745 posts, read 12,888,027 times
Four men arrested behind middle school after alleged kidnapping, robbery, assault in Roxbury

A man approached the officers near the intersection of Centre Street and Columbus Avenue just before 6 p.m. and said he had just been robbed at gunpoint, police said in a statement Sunday. “The victim appeared to be sweating profusely and was bleeding from his lip,” police said.

The man said three armed men had approached him while he was walking on Vale Street and forced him into an older Jeep SUV, where they stole two cellphones from the man, according to police.

He said the three had driven around the area for a short time with him trapped in the SUV and that one of the men had hit him on the back of his head with a gun, leaving a lump, before pushing him out of the moving SUV near the intersection of Vale and Thornton streets.

I have heard a lot about crimes like the bolded. Kidnapping in the hood is really common. I think this exact scene was depicted in the 1997 movie Squeeze (set in Fields Corner). I also remember hearing about a 'torture van' in Lawrence about a decade ago.

Man shoots at somebody in Mattapan but misses, then heads to Downtown Crossing with his still loaded gun and drugs, police say

Gotta be an idiot^

Old 10-18-2021, 07:23 AM

Thanks to our revolving door of justice spinning fast enough to power the entire continent we'll be reading about these fine fellas again in six months or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Four men arrested behind middle school after alleged kidnapping, robbery, assault in Roxbury

A man approached the officers near the intersection of Centre Street and Columbus Avenue just before 6 p.m. and said he had just been robbed at gunpoint, police said in a statement Sunday. “The victim appeared to be sweating profusely and was bleeding from his lip,” police said.

The man said three armed men had approached him while he was walking on Vale Street and forced him into an older Jeep SUV, where they stole two cellphones from the man, according to police.

He said the three had driven around the area for a short time with him trapped in the SUV and that one of the men had hit him on the back of his head with a gun, leaving a lump, before pushing him out of the moving SUV near the intersection of Vale and Thornton streets.

I have heard a lot about crimes like the bolded. Kidnapping in the hood is really common. I think this exact scene was depicted in the 1997 movie Squeeze (set in Fields Corner). I also remember hearing about a 'torture van' in Lawrence about a decade ago.

Man shoots at somebody in Mattapan but misses, then heads to Downtown Crossing with his still loaded gun and drugs, police say

Gotta be an idiot^

Old 10-19-2021, 02:42 PM

23,738 posts, read 18,855,643 times
Exclamation Gunman in the South End

Boston Police respond to man waving an apparent gun on South End sports field

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/10...-sports-field/

""A man waving an apparent gun on a South End sports field has triggered a major police response and warnings from Emerson College Tuesday afternoon.
An armed man was reported to be standing on Rotch Field, which is used by Emerson College athletics.
“EMERSON ALERT! Armed Person with unknown intent is reported at Rotch Field Boston campus,” Emerson College tweeted. “Be alert.”
The college then followed that tweet with, “Emerson Alert: UPDATE. BPD is off at Rotch Field. Police Activity is anticipated in the area for extended period.

“All Community members should avoid the area until advised otherwise,” the college added. “Further Updates, & when community members may return to the area will be shared when appropriate.”
All members of the Emerson community have been accounted for “to our knowledge,” according to a college spokesperson.
A man waving an apparent gun on a South End sports field has triggered a major police response and warnings from Emerson College Tuesday afternoon.""

Old 10-19-2021, 02:55 PM

17,864 posts, read 9,304,638 times
Street View for Rotch Field on Randolph Street in the South End:

https://goo.gl/maps/AwJ2JzbXRbeMcrc98

Old 10-19-2021, 06:11 PM

2,386 posts, read 1,869,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Street View for Rotch Field on Randolph Street in the South End:

https://goo.gl/maps/AwJ2JzbXRbeMcrc98
Surprised there are still boarded up windows around here.

Some listings that sold across the street..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston