Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2021, 05:25 PM

21,745 posts, read 12,888,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayei View Post
Because it's reaching almost comical levels of victim blaming. You're alleging that, not only did he probably start it, but you're maligning his character as a probable racist. All of this with no evidence to support anything you're saying. That's what's uncalled for. Are you speculating on the potential character flaws of his attackers? :think:

This guy is old and may not be the sharpest driver, it's also a possibility that he cut some guy off without even realizing and that pissed them off. You're dwelling on the possible sequences of events that are least charitable to the victim. It's weird.
Yes.

I’m not focusing on victim blaming, I said my piece- you and red plum had several more things to say about it.

EDIT:
At worst you could say I’m levying the same “we need the facts” attitude the right employs with every assaulted/murdered unarmed black person. We don’t have all the facts because there’s no clear video evidence or audio. The Globe has written on a black man killed in racist road rage in Belmont, and the increase in vehicular assaults. Doesn’t seem far fetched that that’s what caused them to pursue him for several blocks, punch him through a window and throw a pipe through his windshield.

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 11-26-2021 at 05:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2021, 05:30 PM

337 posts, read 269,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Yes.

I’m not focusing on victim blaming, I said my piece- you and red plum had several more things to say about it.
Ultimately no one knows what happened. Like I mentioned, I just find it odd that you find the sequences of events that are least charitable to the victim to be the most likely.

Old 11-26-2021, 05:50 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,079,902 times
Weren't you the one telling everyone how those thugs would have zero problems blowing your head off if you look at them the wrong way? Slight change of narrative after the Waukesha joyride, I assume?

Quote:
I doubt that, these folks get honked at pretty often.. I’d suspect he said something racial if he didn’t try to run them over. But given their behavior-they’re looking for that- I still don’t think that warrants attacking an old man especially in such a fashion. You’re acting like a jerk on purpose and hoping to attract jerk energy.

Old 11-26-2021, 06:01 PM

5,126 posts, read 2,705,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayei View Post
Because it's reaching almost comical levels of victim blaming. You're alleging that, not only did he probably start it, but you're maligning his character as a probable racist. All of this with no evidence to support anything you're saying. That's what's uncalled for. Are you speculating on the potential character flaws of his attackers?

This guy is old and may not be the sharpest driver, it's also a possibility that he cut some guy off without even realizing and that pissed them off. You're dwelling on the possible sequences of events that are least charitable to the victim. It's weird.
But not at all surprising!

Old 11-26-2021, 06:31 PM

17,864 posts, read 9,304,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'd bet the 82 year old did nothing more than honk his horn. That's enough to set off these guys.
Quote:
I doubt that, these folks get honked at pretty often..
That's what happened in Providence in August. A woman honked her horn, they followed her, they dragged her out of her car, and they viciously beat her. Just for honking her horn. And there was an 8 year old kid in the car.

Watch the video: Woman pulled from car and beaten by dirt bike, ATV riders

Old 11-26-2021, 07:01 PM

23,738 posts, read 18,855,643 times
Quote:
I doubt that, these folks get honked at pretty often.. I’d suspect he said something racial if he didn’t try to run them over. But given their behavior-they’re looking for that- I still don’t think that warrants attacking an old man especially in such a fashion. You’re acting like a jerk on purpose and hoping to attract jerk energy.

You and I might know better than to seek confrontation with these people, however some of these crusty old types may be of a more old school mindset and lack the same filter (or "I can get away with it because of my age"). It doesn't have to be racial. It's more likely he flipped them the bird along with a few cuss words exchanged.

Old 11-26-2021, 07:10 PM

Yea doesn’t matter what happened it shouldn’t have happened. These folks are driving unlawful vehicle and only have my sympathy if they obey the rules of the road. Over the past 5-6 years they haven’t. It’s a problem and it’s beyond inconsiderate. There’s a difference between a having fun and toeing the line and being a menace.

Surprisingly in Baltimore I see way less disruptive behavior than when I visit Boston. There’s plenty dirt bikers here but they tend to ride on Sunday (12 O Clock Boys) and particularly on Reisterstown Road and through neighborhoods. They don’t ride the wrong side of the street or purposefully circle vehicles. Lots of people actually come out to watch them on Reisterstown Road-college students, ‘hood’ folks, photographers etc. never seen them heading the wrong way up I-83 like you all saw on I-93 a few years ago. The public nuisance here is squeege boys.

Old 11-27-2021, 07:56 AM

Forgot to mention in Baltimore it’s illegal and a $1,000 fine to a gas station operator that allows dirtbikes to fill up their. It’s posted inside many different the gas station.

Old 11-29-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
I read about some violent or abrasive incident on the T every couple days now.
Mask rage: Police say Red Line rider threatened to carve up man who was wearing a mask

https://www.universalhub.com/crime/2...ider-threatens

“Transit Police report arresting a Boston man they say took out a knife and threatened to stab another rider on the Ashmont branch in a dispute over the man's mask this morning.

Rafael Perez-Medina, 33, was arrested on a charge of assault with a dangerous weapon following the incident, which began as an argument after Perez-Medina insulted the man for looking "like a duck" after the train rolled out of Ashmont shortly before 9 a.m.”

Ironically me and a friend were threatened with an absolutely massive butcher knife when pulling into ashmont stop almost 6 years ago to the day.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:26 PM

2,952 posts, read 5,209,024 times
Quote:
Mask rage: Police say Red Line rider threatened to carve up man who was wearing a mask

https://www.universalhub.com/crime/2...ider-threatens

“Transit Police report arresting a Boston man they say took out a knife and threatened to stab another rider on the Ashmont branch in a dispute over the man's mask this morning.

Rafael Perez-Medina, 33, was arrested on a charge of assault with a dangerous weapon following the incident, which began as an argument after Perez-Medina insulted the man for looking "like a duck" after the train rolled out of Ashmont shortly before 9 a.m.”

Ironically me and a friend were threatened with an absolutely massive butcher knife when pulling into ashmont stop almost 6 years ago to the day.
Wow, just wow, as they say. And happened not even late at night.

All because the victim apparently looked like a duck with the mask on!

Gee, and I get upset on my red line rides when riders don't use headphones when blaring their "music."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston