Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2021, 12:57 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,063,075 times

Advertisements

That's how #BLM rolls - toss a bunch of bricks and molotovs, wait for cops to grab their batons and advance, drop on your knees, throw those hands up and get the cameras rolling. Spread the outrage-inducing parts far and wide but always leave out the events leading up to those parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Yeah BEFORE he he announced that he had the firearm and was then told to not pull it out which you think any sane person would interpret as "keep your hands in view" and not reach for ANYTHING. The officer did a very poor job of communicating no question, but I can totally see why they felt threatened by him repeatedly reaching there after screaming at him not to.

Here is the full video. Interesting how you omitted the actual shooting and events leading up to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Y_yOm9IhA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 12:58 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
I forgot that criminals who want to resist and murder tell the police they have a gun then slowly and cautiously reach for it. That certainly warranted execution by the brave officer who was in grave danger. All that military training paid dividends. 'Visibly high as a kite' tells me a lot about what you see in these incidents.

Wright allegedly attempted to steal around $800 from a woman, and illegally possessed a firearm. Lots of people have done far worse and not only didn't get $100,000 bails set, let alone get shot by police later for evasion. Meanwhile, closer to home, I'll pick on Coleman Nee because he just made UHub again -- he's a repeat offender armed bank robber. Not try to pull cash out of a woman's bra, but a brick and mortar bank. In 2010 he literally held up EB Horn at gunpoint and stole tens of thousands worth of diamonds, and he got a $50,000 bail. And, he lived to rob another day. But please keep telling me Wright's punishment fit his crime.

Noor was convicted on 2 of 3 counts, and he was also a black officer shooting a white person. How you immediately had no problems painting him as an idiot who deserved it while ardently trying to paint the other two cases as saints going against raging criminals reveals volumes about how you see these issues.

The reality is all 3 were 'idiot' cops who escalated needlessly. All 3 should be convicted and go to jail.

Nobody is defending Wright's killer, dude. Let's wait for her trial, before raising those pitchforks.

Last edited by massnative71; 04-27-2021 at 01:07 PM..

Old 04-27-2021, 01:13 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,318,712 times
Quote:
Nobody is defending Wright's killer, dude. Let's wait for her trial, before raising those pitchforks.
Almost nobody.

Old 04-27-2021, 01:17 PM

Noor was an idiot because he grabbed a gun and started blasting at a shadow with zero thinking, that shadow being white had nothing to do with him being an idiot. Now, had that shadow came into clear view, announced it had a gun and started reaching for it, or showed up in the computer as an armed violent felon, violently resisted arrest and dashed into the car I would not call Noor an idiot for shooting at the said shadow.

As for low bail for the low-life you mentioned, you might want to talk to the idiot judges who think every criminal deserves at least 348739845968 second chances and whose bleeding hearts regularly submerge the summit of Mount Ararat. Also, unlike that Nee thug who simply pulled out a gun Saint Daunte actually violently assaulted that woman and choked her. I'm sure the bail would have been in the seven figure range had he physically assaulted any of the EB Horn employees.

Lastly I have nothing against enjoying weed responsibly but anyone who carries a gun while high or drunk needs to immediately lose their LTC for good and get blacklisted in every state. Extremely impaired judgement and guns are a deadly mix.

Quote:
I forgot that criminals who want to resist and murder tell the police they have a gun then slowly and cautiously reach for it. That certainly warranted execution by the brave officer who was in grave danger. All that military training paid dividends. 'Visibly high as a kite' tells me a lot about what you see in these incidents.

Wright allegedly attempted to steal around $800 from a woman, and illegally possessed a firearm. Lots of people have done far worse and not only didn't get $100,000 bails set, let alone get shot by police later for evasion. Meanwhile, closer to home, I'll pick on Coleman Nee because he just made UHub again -- he's a repeat offender armed bank robber. Not try to pull cash out of a woman's bra, but a brick and mortar bank. In 2010 he literally held up EB Horn at gunpoint and stole tens of thousands worth of diamonds, and he got a $50,000 bail. And, he lived to rob another day. But please keep telling me Wright's punishment fit his crime.

Noor was convicted on 2 of 3 counts, and he was also a black officer shooting a white person. How you immediately had no problems painting him as an idiot who deserved it while ardently trying to paint the other two cases as saints going against raging criminals reveals volumes about how you see these issues.

The reality is all 3 were 'idiot' cops who escalated needlessly. All 3 should be convicted and go to jail.

Old 04-27-2021, 01:20 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Almost nobody.

?

Old 04-27-2021, 01:23 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,733,519 times
Quote:
Yeah BEFORE he announced that he had the firearm and was then told to not pull it out which you think any sane person would interpret as "keep your hands in view" and not reach for ANYTHING. The officer did a very poor job of communicating no question, but I can totally see why they felt threatened by him repeatedly reaching there after screaming at him not to.

Here is the full video. Interesting how you omitted the actual shooting and events leading up to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Y_yOm9IhA
Where did you see that or hear that in this video?

All I heard him saying was I'm not reaching for it, and his girlfriend saying hes not reaching for it.

All I heard was the cop saying don't reach for it. No actual warning. He wasn't told he could be shot. The cop never even communicated where Philando's hands actually WERE

Anyway, who is trained to react and deescalate the situation? With Cops like this out there anyone could become flustered and nervous. If he were white he wouldn't have been shot because teh perceived threat level would below.

The only reason you're inclined to believe the cop is because he is white. The only reason you're inclined not to believe Philando is because he is black. And in general, white people do not believe black people's grievances or in their experiences and we've been down that route in other threads in other topics. So it only makes sense thats consistent here.

In these instances its easier because the cop is alive and around to lie and the black person is dead and unable to defend themselves. Convenient for some.

Prior to the gunfire who "protected" and "safe" did the public (Philando and his girlfriend) sound? Is that any barometer of the police doing their job? No?

Old 04-27-2021, 01:25 PM

Apparently it's me because I didn't demand the cop to get drawn and quartered on the spot. No excuse for mixing up a gun and a taser and manslaughter is an appropriate charge, but at the same time I can see how she was on edge when a fella showing up as a violent armed criminal who skipped bail in the computer suddenly shoved her aside and dashed into the car.

Quote:
?

Old 04-27-2021, 01:27 PM

Newsflash - Noor was convicted which makes it 2/3 idiot cops doing questionable thing with pending 3/3 once the taser idiot gets convicted, not 1/472, and Yanez is not white. But hey, just an innocent little white lie here and there to further the agenda, amirite?

And let's try for the 5th time - how many years did it take to get to that 472 number? You make it sound like one year but could it be, by any chance, the grand total ever since the state started keeping records - say, over 50 years or so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Where did you see that or hear that in this video?

All I heard him saying was I'm not reaching for it, and his girlfriend saying hes not reaching for it.

All I heard was the cop saying don't reach for it. No actual warning. He wasn't told he could be shot. The cop never even communicated where Philando's hands actually WERE

Anyway, who is trained to react and deescalate the situation? With Cops like this out there anyone could become flustered and nervous. If he were white he wouldn't have been shot because teh perceived threat level would below.

The only reason you're inclined to believe the cop is because he is white. The only reason you're inclined not to believe Philando is because he is black. And in general, white people do not believe black people's grievances or in their experiences and we've been down that route in other threads in other topics. So it only makes sense thats consistent here.

In these instances its easier because the cop is alive and around to lie and the black person is dead and unable to defend themselves. Convenient for some.

Prior to the gunfire who "protected" and "safe" did the public (Philando and his girlfriend) sound? Is that any barometer of the police doing their job? No?

Last edited by bigfatdude; 04-27-2021 at 01:53 PM..

Old 04-27-2021, 02:12 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,733,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
And let's try for the 5th time - how many years did it take to get to that 472 number? You make it sound like one year but could it be, by any chance, the grand total ever since the state started keeping records - say, over 50 years or so?
Why does this matter, seriously? It could be 100 years..were talking about how often people get caught. Not the frequency with which people are shot by police.

Old 04-27-2021, 02:22 PM

"Over the past 50 years there have been over 50,000,000 police interactions in Minnesota, 472 of which ended in an a fatal officer-involved shooting" vs "Racist Minnesota police murdered 472 people in cold blood!!!!" - that's why it matters. So let's try again - how many years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Why does this matter, seriously? It could be 100 years..were talking about how often people get caught. Not the frequency with which people are shot by police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston