Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 06:41 PM

5,102 posts, read 2,663,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It's been a while since I've been approached by homeless people, but I think what the OP meant was coming up to you asking for money. In the city this would happen frequently.
I get the gist of the question. Of course they do. As they do in most cities. No "safe spaces" on the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2023, 06:03 AM

11 posts, read 6,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Because it relates to your ridiculous question. I read where you live.
Bruh I've got no idea why you're being hostile.
If you read where I live then there's no point in you saying that I don't know about living in Boston as I outright said I live in the suburbs. That's the entire point of the thread.

In any case, I lived in Dublin for over a year and that city has quite a larger population than Boston.

Old 06-11-2023, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread&Roses View Post
Bruh I've got no idea why you're being hostile.
If you read where I live then there's no point in you saying that I don't know about living in Boston as I outright said I live in the suburbs. That's the entire point of the thread.

In any case, I lived in Dublin for over a year and that city has quite a larger population than Boston.
Hostile? You got defensive with my "oh the horror..." remark and my observations about how many people in this town react to street people seeking change.

I never accused you of anything, but I certainly admit to mocking the premise of your question - because I think it's ridiculous. No hostility. Anything else?

Old 06-11-2023, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Hostile? You got defensive with my "oh the horror..." remark and my observations about how many people in this town react to street people seeking change.

I never accused you of anything, but I certainly admit to mocking the premise of your question - because I think it's ridiculous. No hostility. Anything else?
Calling a question ridiculous and mocking it is hostile. If you take such an issue with the question then don't bother posting.

Your comment accused me of looking down with disgust at people and treating them like pariahs.
You seem to be angling for an argument, and I am just not interested.

Old 06-11-2023, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Calling a question ridiculous and mocking it is hostile. If you take such an issue with the question then don't bother posting.

Your comment accused me of looking down with disgust at people and treating them like pariahs.
I made a comment. There's nothing in that comment about how you react to homeless people on the streets of Boston. The notion that someone would refrain from living in a city solely because homeless persons might "approach" them and ask for change is ridiculous to me. That's my opinion.

This is a discussion board. If you only want replies that you like or agree with, don't post.

Old 06-11-2023, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I made a comment. There's nothing in that comment about how you react to homeless people on the streets of Boston. The fact that someone would refrain from living in a city because homeless people might ask them for change is ridiculous to me. That's my opinion.

This is a discussion board. If you only want comments that you like or agree with, don't post.
I got the gist of your comment.

I never said that I would refrain from living anywhere because of homeless people. It always amuses me how some people have nothing better to do than to try to start arguments online.

Old 06-11-2023, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I got the gist of your comment.

I never said that I would refrain from living anywhere because of homeless people. It always amuses me how some people have nothing better to do than to try to start arguments online.
It's certainly important enough to your decision that you would post the question. I'm commenting, but it does takes two to have an argument.

Old 06-11-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
It's certainly important enough to your decision that you would post the question. I'm commenting, but it does takes two to have an argument.
Funny, I never said you were trying to have an argument.

Old 06-11-2023, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Funny, I never said you were trying to have an argument.
You forgot about post 14 so quickly, huh? And you seem pretty interested for someone who is not. Lmao

Quote:

Old 06-11-2023, 02:53 PM

That's not an accusation, it's just an observation of what I perceived you to be doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston