Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Money vs Pacman
Yes 6 33.33%
No 12 66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 07:52 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investor Five View Post
Pacquiao isn't in Pretty Boy's league. Never was

There simply isn't anyone out there right now who can beat PB.

He's still just too good...
lol....SO WHY DOESN'T HE JUST FIGHT HIM THEN?

If he's not in his league, why doesn't he just whoop him up good and be done with him?

Mayweather (I refuse to refer to him as "Money") is a straight b*tch.

SMDH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 11:59 AM

115 posts, read 135,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
lol....SO WHY DOESN'T HE JUST FIGHT HIM THEN?

If he's not in his league, why doesn't he just whoop him up good and be done with him?

Mayweather (I refuse to refer to him as "Money") is a straight b*tch.

SMDH.

You're embarrassing yourself, Govie.

Pretty Boy is clearly one of the best boxers in your lifetime. Got the whole package -- elite talent, superior intelligence, and a blue-collar work ethic. Every bit as good as the great welterweights of the late '70s early '80s, in my view.

He will expose and toy with the inferior Pacquiao if they ever fight...

Old 12-17-2013, 02:48 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times
Quote:

He will expose and toy with the inferior Pacquiao if they ever fight...
They never will fight because Mayweather don't want anything to do with him.

So, yeah...

Old 12-17-2013, 04:17 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Floyd will likely pull a Riddick Bowe and drop his WBC belt so he won't have to fight an opponent who he is afraid to lose to. When Lennox Lewis was declared a mandatory challenger for Bowe's belt he tossed it in the trash rather than risk being defeated. Look to Floyd to do the same thing. He will forfeit his WBC title before risking his undefeated record to Pacquiao.

Meanwhile, no one has been able to give a reasonable justification for Khan getting a shot over the likes of Manny or Garcia. Otter than money, which is all Floyd really cares about so long as the risk is minimal.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:54 PM

326 posts, read 529,462 times
Truly though, I think Khan has a shot against Mayweather. Watching Khan against Marcos Maidana and Danny Garcia I think his speed and accuracy could really be an issue in this fight.

Even if Mayweather continues to duck Pacquaio(which I think he is), I think this fight will be much more competitive even than his bout with Miguel Cotto.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:04 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,329 times
The Khan proposal is a bad idea. Mayweather has to remember that the public buys his fights to see him lose, not walk through people. I predict this fight will have the lowest PPV results of all Mayweather fights.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:15 AM

Khan would be a nice tune-up for PB for a bigger (not to mention easier) payday in September against the overrated Filipino...

Old 12-22-2013, 08:45 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Khan would be a nice tune-up for PB for a bigger (not to mention easier) payday in September against the overrated Filipino...
Mayweather has provided his loyal followers with yet another excuse. Now he won't fight Pacquiao because his PPV numbers weren't high enough in his last fight against Rios. Yet, Khan didn't have any PPV numbers in his last two fights. So to recap, Khan was KO'd by Garcia who is smaller than Foyd, he was knocked down by his last opponent, a washed up Julio Diaz and squeaked out a close decision. Yet somehow he is more worthy than Manny. Got it. Good to see mediocrity is alive and kicking.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:16 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,075,180 times
Pacquiao needs to get away from Top Rank, join Golden Boy, or ride solo like Cotto. I don't know what is wrong with him , the money, more quality fighters, and fame is on the other side. I don't want to see Pacquiao fight a 41 year old Marquez for the fifth tim. I don't want to see him fight Bradley again.

I don't understand why Floyd picked Khan over Pacquiao. Pacquiao would bring in more numbers. Forget the 1-2 of his last three fights, the guy is legend and has long enough quality fighters throughout his career. I am not saying Floyd is dodging Pacquiao, but it looks like it, and its getting ridiculous.

This is actually hurting the sport of Boxing.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:34 PM

Great Christmas card from PB:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1899678-floyd-mayweather-rips-manny-pacquiao-with-his-christmas-card-via-twitter

He basically owns poor Manny at this point...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing