Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:12 PM

744 posts, read 1,767,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Really??? I just looked at their site and the only VA location was in Alexandria. Like I said though no rush for us we have Kroger's
As a former Virginia resident I can say with confidence that comparing Kroger's to Wegman's is like comparing a Dollar General to a Macy's.

Wegmans, Cracker Barrel and a Target on 5th Street? | | RealCentralVA.comRealCentralVA.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 05:53 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,080,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donbuy View Post
As a former Virginia resident I can say with confidence that comparing Kroger's to Wegman's is like comparing a Dollar General to a Macy's.

Wegmans, Cracker Barrel and a Target on 5th Street? | | RealCentralVA.comRealCentralVA.com
Well if they come to my neighborhood I will try it but you would be surprised at the updated Krogers. In Richmond ever one was a Ukrops Junkie until they sold out, not me. They were always too expensive compared to all the others although their prepared foods were good. At least we have variety so everone can pick their preference.

I guess EA has only one so their is no choice unless they go to an adjoining town.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:02 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Totally disagree. Tops has a strangled hold on East Aurora and won't allow Wegman's to come in there. And how did they get the Tops built with the existing parking area.

I don't want to hear that the planners approved it either.
tops sux!!!! no accounting for bad taste...wegmans rules...

besides..EA is full of snobs that like it "exclusively" inconvenient..box and big stores equal riff raff.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:03 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,785 times
Quote:
Well if they come to my neighborhood I will try it but you would be surprised at the updated Krogers. In Richmond ever one was a Ukrops Junkie until they sold out, not me. They were always too expensive compared to all the others although their prepared foods were good. At least we have variety so everone can pick their preference.

I guess EA has only one so their is no choice unless they go to an adjoining town.
kroger is a joke compared to weggers

Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,080,738 times
/\/\

As I said before if it comes to town I will check it out but until then I am no going to lament the lack of 1 store when we have everthing else I could possibly conceive except Stop & Shop but who want them....

Old 03-27-2012, 06:54 AM

744 posts, read 1,767,409 times
Quote:
/\/\

As I said before if it comes to town I will check it out but until then I am no going to lament the lack of 1 store when we have everthing else I could possibly conceive except Stop & Shop but who want them....
Nothing to lament, after all in the final analysis a quart of milk is a quart of milk. I don't think a grocery store is worth pining away for. BTW I have been in the newer Krogers and they are very nice, quite comparable to the newer mid sized Tops in WNY. Most of the mega 80,000 sq foot and up Tops are a cut above Krogers and just a slight drop off of the typical Wegmans. But with over 70 stores in WNY there are certainly some older Tops that are very subpar. Those should be replaced or closed as they are hurting the overall image of that chain.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,595,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Totally disagree. Tops has a strangled hold on East Aurora and won't allow Wegman's to come in there. And how did they get the Tops built with the existing parking area.

I don't want to hear that the planners approved it either.

I do know that the village planning folks are very very hard to please. I have family who owned a deli/service station on Main st, that burned down several years ago. Rather then rebuild, they decided to just lease the land to another business, but when they had a business that was interested, it kept getting rejected to the point where they were going to remove the planned drive-thru, and if it was rejected again, sue the village, which they ultimately didn't have to.

But we all remember the Wal-mart debacle, and I also remember when I was a teenager, there was a guy who owned a bike/skate shop on Elm St. who had mentioned to us that he was trying to open a new Mighty Taco in town, but it was rejected as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area