Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:42 PM

5 posts, read 162,809 times

Advertisements

And No the clients DONT pay us directly you are misunderstanding yet again, the companies pay us for the business written, the clients dont pay us out of their own pocket like you said again incorrectly.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:16 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFGTommy View Post
And No the clients DONT pay us directly you are misunderstanding yet again, the companies pay us for the business written, the clients dont pay us out of their own pocket like you said again incorrectly.
I'm missing the post where someone says that the clients pay you directly. Who are you talking to?

Companies pay you commissions, that come from the premiums of your clients....this is basic insurance 101 and is how the entire insurance industry works so that's just standard operating procedure.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:18 PM

17 posts, read 249,392 times
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
WFGTommy, I will ask you for a 3rd time what you meant when you claimed your sister was up to 250k in 4 years time.

At this point, since you've apparently avoided the question intentionally....I can only assume that you were exaggerating and that 250k was her gross sales and she made maybe 40-50k after expenses etc. (or less)

Not bad, but as others here have described....not exactly "free piles of money" either.
Notice that WFGTommy intentionally altered the subject to avoid Mathguy's DIRECT QUESTION, so WFGTommy, where'd you do your business school?
For the record, I'm a student at the University of Toronto and I almost got pulled into one of these schemes, also note that Primerica operates under AEGON, one of my commerce friends almost got dragged in. The only reason I went to their stupid presentation was to meet an old friend from elementary who unfortunately became an associate.
Their presentation was mediocre at best, their suits were extremely unprofessional. They made poor management decisions, like the use of AXE body spray (which for the record, actually repels women.) They expect to impress you with a childlike understanding of finance "the rule of 72", which for the record was barely glanced at in my Linear Algebra for Commerce Class. They don't mention annuities nor matrices.

Oh and believe me you can tell us what your sister makes in terms of income (NOT REVENUE), I doubt anyone will hunt down your family

So WFGTommy, what's the integral of x^2? You are in business right? So you should be able to answer a basic accounting question right?

Old 09-17-2007, 01:25 PM

5 posts, read 162,809 times
...you guys arent worth my time enjoy your pathetic jobs and lives while the rest of us at WFG make you all cry see you at the top...

ill just end with, our company has been around for 150 years and is worth 414 billion dollars... so get over yourselves. 2 we are sponsoring the PAC-10 on FSN if it was a pyramid SCHEME it woulndt have national advertising... gl to all of you... just because you people cant understand something doesnt make it bad...

Old 09-17-2007, 03:24 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,136,497 times
Quote:
...you guys arent worth my time enjoy your pathetic jobs and lives while the rest of us at WFG make you all cry see you at the top...

ill just end with, our company has been around for 150 years and is worth 414 billion dollars... so get over yourselves. 2 we are sponsoring the PAC-10 on FSN if it was a pyramid SCHEME it woulndt have national advertising... gl to all of you... just because you people cant understand something doesnt make it bad...
We have heard it from brainwashed MLM'ers a million times....blah blah blah blah blah

Good luck. Either you will need it, or the poor saps you suck into the vacuum will. The thing you have going for you is that there seems to be an ENDLESS supply of gullible people out there who can't resist anything with "get rich" attached to it.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:44 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,223 times
You know what made me read this thread. Living in Southwest Florida now we are going through slow times. Housing down, not many jobs available so I am getting this kind of stuff in the mail a lot. Keeps my shredder busy.
When I was young I went to one of these hype meetings and could not make it through the whole presentation.
And imagine, I have made it this far in life without joining.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:05 PM

3,763 posts, read 12,545,468 times
Ahh ... Primerica.. Good times. I had never heard of them until one day - due to a posting on Monster, I got a call. I was pretty young (25) and though I already had a job I was excited to be getting a call to transfer into "business".

I went to their presentation. Literally - you could smell the pyramid scheme from a million miles away.

Super high pressure (as most sales are), wanted you to sign right away, and - MORE IMPORTANTLY - wanted you to provide the names/numbers of 5 leads.

The way all these pyramid / MLM schemes make money is that desparate members prey off of their family and friends. So Mom buys a small insurance policy from you, and your brother sets up a small IRA, etc.. etc.. Then they get their friends, "Oh - my daughter can sell you insurance"...

Is there anything wrong with financial instruments?? No. I have statefarm for life/home/auto and a 401k through my non-pyramid-scheme job.

Did my state farm representative profit through my policies, I would imagine so. And I'm cool with that.

However, did my state farm representative have to pay a percentage of his profits to his boss, and their boss, and up the chain?

No - pretty much just state farm the company, and the rep (independent salespeople).

Anytime you are paying (or losing) a significant portion of your margin to someone else - simply because "they were there first".... its a SCHEME.

The only way to really get rich - is to be FIRST.

God help 'ya.. Primerica... *shudder*... They only thing worse than that is the "Vector Marketing" to try to get you to sell knives door to door...

I'm doing quite nice with my salaried, non-comission based world..... so I'm sorry cult people that you're mad at us that we don't want to play with you ... but there are two kinds of people in the world ...

Those that drink the kool aid (that would be you)

and those of us who threw it on the ground, played dead and waited for the shooting to stop.. then RAN LIKE HELL for Help. (those would be us, the ones with survival skills)..

Have fun driving your Lamborghini....

Old 09-19-2007, 07:36 PM

Quote:
If I were part of WFG, I'd have issues with the manner with which you've conducted yourself in this thread. I gave you open and ample time to respond and all you do is mix it up with the hecklers while making outrageous statements.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:12 AM

17 posts, read 249,392 times
Notice that WFGTommy could not answer a simple calculus (integration) problem. What kind of a "professional financial advisor" would he be? The answer: A CON ARTIST.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourney View Post
Notice that WFGTommy could not answer a simple calculus (integration) problem. What kind of a "professional financial advisor" would he be? The answer: A CON ARTIST.
While WFGTommy hasn't scored any points with me by ignoring my questions and blasting at everyone about what losers they are.....your talk of intergration proves nothing.

Financial advisors are more salesmen than anything. Some of the best ones have great people skills and have tech guys that do the back-room recommendation stuff. Even then, the tech guys aren't likely doing calc.

Black-Scholes uses calc but no one does it by hand....they look up values etc.

I've seen no evidence presented here to make WFG a scam, but it's fair to say that they have some recruitment practices that may be misleading. However, lots of people take jobs where they are paid squat on promises of making it to the next level that don't materialize. ie) Mary Kay or where they work you like a dog (GE has this reputation for young hires) with the hope of climbing the executive ranks etc. so they aren't alone in dangling a carrot.

It's a free country....you are free to make your own decisions and live with the consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business