Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 08:03 PM

40 posts, read 86,030 times

Advertisements

I have seen this state decline a lot in the past years and I started taking a good look at the politicians and their very liberal thinking, I have found that quite a bit of the politicians in this state are not even from here (most of them are either from New York, Massachusetts or New Jersey), so the argument and the hate against us Californians, moving to other states to "liberalize them" is moot, most of us want to get away from these politicians. So what do you think about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 08:12 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,195 times
Wow, another post bashing liberals and California. Are you the same crew that spends all day calling right wing talk shows saying things like..."I'm a liberal, but I can't stand Obamacare and it's death panels."

Seriously, who's paying ya?

To answer your question, most are likely from California.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times
The governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general, and speaker of the assembly are all native Californians. I think your theory is a crock.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:27 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
The governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general, and speaker of the assembly are all native Californians. I think your theory is a crock.
Pelosi? Barbara Boxer? I'm sure most people don't even realize that these two big names aren't even from CA originally.

I'm sure most politicians are from CA but there are some big ones that are not. I know at the local level in SF and SD you find a fair amount of former east coasters too.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:27 PM

40 posts, read 86,030 times
I'm just trying to ask a simple question, I do not mean to insult anyone.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:35 PM

963 posts, read 3,033,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Pelosi? Barbara Boxer? I'm sure most people don't even realize that these two big names aren't even from CA originally.

I'm sure most politicians are from CA but there are some big ones that are not. I know at the local level in SF and SD you find a fair amount of former east coasters too.
Well let's invalidate their eligibility to hold office then. Bring on the long-form California birth certificates!

Old 05-05-2011, 08:43 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,709 times
Relative to other states, there might be some truth. Most people in other states wouldn't elect somebody from out of their region. Let's examine our governors. Gray Davis, New York. Arnold, Austria. Pete Wilson and Ronald Reagan were from Illinois. George Deukmejian, New York. Senators: Diane Feinstein, Polish parents (communist influence). Barbara Boxer, New York Jewish. John Seymour, Pennsylvania. Art Agnos, former Mayor of SF, born in Mass. Tom Bradley, former LA Mayor, Texas.

You are right, there has been tons of outside influence in California.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:48 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Relative to other states, there might be some truth. Most people in other states wouldn't elect somebody from out of their region.
Hillary Clinton? Michael Bloomberg? BARACK OBAMA? Mitt Romney? I don't think most voters care about where a politician was raised but rather about how good of a candidate they are.
Quote:
Diane Feinstein, Polish parents (communist influence).
She's a native CA and to suggest because she is somehow an "outsider" because her parents are polish and to suggest communist influence is pretty asinine.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:50 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Hillary Clinton? I'm sure there are more examples. I don't think most voters care about where a politician was raised but rather about how good of a candidate they are.
She's a native CA and to suggest because she is somehow an "outsider" because her parents are polish and to suggest communist influence is pretty asinine.
Is Hillary Clinton "most people?"

You're "asinine" for not tolerating my views.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:53 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda-by-the-sea View Post
Well let's invalidate their eligibility to hold office then. Bring on the long-form California birth certificates!
Where was their concern when it came to Arnold?

Ironic cause many California 'birthers' against Obama are the exact same lot who wanted to amend the US constitution to let Arnold run for President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California