Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 12:34 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,608,986 times

Advertisements

I see that California's hungry pack of animal-"rights" extremists are now preparing to take down Fish & Game president Dan Richards for hunting mountain lion in Idaho.

"But hours after the largely pro-hunting crowd left, in a little-noticed move, Richards' fellow commissioners sprung a parliamentary trap. By a 4-1 tally, they voted to change the way the commission -- which sets rules for hunting, fishing and endangered species in California -- chooses its president. The vote placed an item on the commission's May 23 agenda that would repeal the current rules and allow the panel to remove Richards as president when it meets in Monterey that day."

Must we try so hard to live up to our national reputation as the kookiest state in the union?

God bless Dan Richards. I'm getting reports that a mountain lion was spotted near Red Bluff this morning ... we could use Mr. Richards' hunting prowess up this way.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 12:46 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,853,179 times
Mountain lions scare the s*** out of me but that's one sad picture.
My goodness, you do like to stir up trouble don't ya?

Old 03-09-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Mountain lions scare the s*** out of me but that's one sad picture.
My goodness, you do like to stir up trouble don't ya?
An apparently competent administrator is going to lose his job for no good reason, and I'm stirring up trouble by mentioning it?

OK!

Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
An apparently competent administrator is going to lose his job for no good reason, and I'm stirring up trouble by mentioning it?

OK!
Yes you are ... "hungry pack of animal-'rights' extremists".
I spend a lot of time in Idaho.
There are occasions when an official has to shoot a mountain lion (it's a resort community where it's a necessary "evil" once in awhile) and it's not a happy deal for them ... not at all.
Unfortunately, in this crazy and imbalanced world, there are times when killing animals for reasons other than food are necessary.
Any good fish and game / wildlife official does not take pleasure in it!
A smile on the face of a man holding a dead animal is troubling / disturbing. Screw him!
So good ridden to the "competent administrator" .

Old 03-09-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Yes you are ... "hungry pack of animal-'rights' extremists".
Just calling a spade, a spade.

Quote:
I spend a lot of time in Idaho.
There are occasions when an official has to shoot a mountain lion (it's a resort community where it's a necessary "evil" once in awhile) and it's not a happy deal for them ... not at all.
Unfortunately, in this crazy and imbalanced world, there are times when killing animals for reasons other than food are necessary.
Any good fish and game / wildlife official does not take pleasure in it!
A smile on the face of a man holding a dead animal is troubling / disturbing. Screw him!
So good ridden to the "competent administrator" .
There's nothing wrong with hunting wild animals for sport, especially if they are dangerous predators whose populations need reducing. Sport is fun, hence the smile. It's outrageous to remove him for doing something that is both legal and morally innocent.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Just calling a spade, a spade.

There's nothing wrong with hunting wild animals for sport, especially if they are dangerous predators whose populations need reducing. Sport is fun, hence the smile. It's outrageous to remove him for doing something that is both legal and morally innocent.
Shameful Hypocrisy!

"The truly wise person kneels at the feet of all creatures and is not afraid to endure the mockery of others".
-Mechthild of Magdeburg-

"The day of my spiritual awakening was the day i saw - and knew i saw - all things in God and God in all things".
-Mechthild of Magdeburg-

And let us turn now to Jesus!:

6.17 The beasts of the field respected him; and the birds of the air did not fear him,for He made them not afraid; even the wild beasts of the desert perceived the power of God in Him, and did Him service bearing Him from place to place.

6.19 "I will make the animals to lie down in safety, and to live without fear.”

34.9 And some of the people said,"This man careth for all creatures,are they his brothers and sisters that he should love them?" And he said unto them, "Verily these are your fellow creatures of the great Household of God, yea, they are your brethren and sisters, having the same breath of life in the Eternal."

34.10 "And whosoever careth for one of the least of these, and giveth it to eat and drink in its need, the same doeth it unto me, and whoso willingly suffereth one of these to be in want, and defendeth it not when evilly entreated, suffereth the evil as done unto me; for as ye have done in this life, so shall it be done unto you in the life to come."

Old 03-09-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Shameful Hypocrisy!

"The truly wise person kneels at the feet of all creatures and is not afraid to endure the mockery of others".
-Mechthild of Magdeburg-

"The day of my spiritual awakening was the day i saw - and knew i saw - all things in God and God in all things".
-Mechthild of Magdeburg-

And let us turn now to Jesus!:

6.17 The beasts of the field respected him; and the birds of the air did not fear him,for He made them not afraid; even the wild beasts of the desert perceived the power of God in Him, and did Him service bearing Him from place to place.

6.19 "I will make the animals to lie down in safety, and to live without fear.”

34.9 And some of the people said,"This man careth for all creatures,are they his brothers and sisters that he should love them?" And he said unto them, "Verily these are your fellow creatures of the great Household of God, yea, they are your brethren and sisters, having the same breath of life in the Eternal."

34.10 "And whosoever careth for one of the least of these, and giveth it to eat and drink in its need, the same doeth it unto me, and whoso willingly suffereth one of these to be in want, and defendeth it not when evilly entreated, suffereth the evil as done unto me; for as ye have done in this life, so shall it be done unto you in the life to come."
Well, as I didn't recognize these verses, I did a little googling. Apparently they are found in one man's 19th century translation of what he claims is the only "true" gospel manuscript, still (conveniently) hidden away in an undisclosed Tibetian Buddhist monastery. It's the go-to "bible" for vegans. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by WesternPilgrim; 03-09-2012 at 02:56 PM..

Old 03-09-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Well, as I didn't recognize these verses, I did a little googling. Apparently they are found in one man's 19th century translation of what he claims is the only "true" gospel manuscript, still (conveniently) hidden away in a Tibetian Buddhist monastery. It's the go-to "bible" for vegans. 'Nuff said.
Show me.

And I assume that you also reject the Nag Hammadi scriptures as well.

Nag Hammadi Library

Last edited by jaijai; 03-09-2012 at 02:43 PM..

Old 03-09-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Show me.

The text.
(http://truthorheresy.com/gospel-of-the-nazarenes/chapters-1-10 - broken link)

The story. (http://truthorheresy.com/gospel-of-the-nazarenes/original-gospel-found-uncorrupted - broken link)

The dispute.

The man.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:

The text.
(http://truthorheresy.com/gospel-of-the-nazarenes/chapters-1-10 - broken link)

The story. (http://truthorheresy.com/gospel-of-the-nazarenes/original-gospel-found-uncorrupted - broken link)

The dispute.

The man.
I am admittedly no scholar but i am certain of the validity of the Nag Hammadi scriptures.
And if you can't imagine Jesus saying what i quoted and if you're not able to understand the truth / profundity of the words of Machthild of Magdeburg ... well, i dunno.
Anyway, have fun killing.
"May God have mercy on your soul".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California