Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 01:36 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,593,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifloridafan View Post
For me, we should stop spending period, both warfare and welfare, it is wrong, the two party system and the banksters have ruined this country and at least fl did the right thing to reject HSR as corrupt as rick scott was, more big government spending is not the answer, it is the problem.

and at least FEC is planning their version of HSR and taxpayers won't have spend a dime.

All Aboard Florida: FEC Plans Private Rail Development For Train Service From Miami To Orlando (POLL)

and thank god i'm a libertarian, and both democrips and rebloodlicans are killing america.
I'm aware of the FEC plan but it's not really full blown HSR, the proposed line would only have one segment that would reach 125mph which is deemed HSR, it will take 3 hours to get from Miami to Orlando, compared to the 2 hour time at up to 186 mph for the cancelled HSR project. They also claim to be up in running in 2 years, I doubt it will happen that soon.

If they can do it, it would be only a plus. I won't be here to see it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 01:45 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
I'm aware of the FEC plan but it's not really full blown HSR, the proposed line would only have one segment that would reach 125mph which is deemed HSR, it will take 3 hours to get from Miami to Orlando, compared to the 2 hour time at up to 186 mph for the cancelled HSR project. They also claim to be up in running in 2 years, I doubt it will happen that soon.

If they can do it, it would be only a plus. I won't be here to see it though.

Thank god the free market aka free from the government is allowed here.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:27 PM

98 posts, read 276,437 times
I'm so glad Cali will be building this HSR project. The folks from Ohio, Wisconsin and Florida wished they'd taken the $$$ allocated for their HSR instead of rejecting it...nope, smart Cali took the dough instead. More jobs in California! And when there's more jobs, there's gov't revenue , which in turn pays down the debt. Instead. of cutting this, that, unemployed workers sitting in the house feeling depressed and at the same time losing their skills as the day goes by. Why wait for private employers to hire the unemployed when the gov't and contractors can hire them NOW! The private employers are busy outsourcing jobs. Cali HSR project will be made in America by Americans.

Boondoggle my A** ! Ha! Ha! Ha! Interstate highway...boondoggle? Transcontinental railroad...boondoggle? Ha! Ha! Ha! Space program...boondoggle? Ha! Ha! Ha!

btw, there's been independent study after study that cutting gov't funds alone won't be enough to pay Federal debt. Google it yourself besides watching the Chinese sponsored Fox News.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:31 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Quote:
Ugh, considering all the Medicare and social security dollars the feds dumped into your state, you hardly have room to talk about being "free from government". Between that and defense spending, your whole economy is pretty much dependent on Washington. Feel like I'm feeding the troll but check this out:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0923084.html

Old 07-08-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citynomad View Post
I'm so glad Cali will be building this HSR project. The folks from Ohio, Wisconsin and Florida wished they'd taken the $$$ allocated for their HSR instead of rejecting it...nope, smart Cali took the dough instead. More jobs in California! And when there's more jobs, there's gov't revenue , which in turn pays down the debt. Instead. of cutting this, that, unemployed workers sitting in the house feeling depressed and at the same time losing their skills as the day goes by. Why wait for private employers to hire the unemployed when the gov't and contractors can hire them NOW! The private employers are busy outsourcing jobs. Cali HSR project will be made in America by Americans.

Boondoggle my A** ! Ha! Ha! Ha! Interstate highway...boondoggle? Transcontinental railroad...boondoggle? Ha! Ha! Ha! Space program...boondoggle? Ha! Ha! Ha!

btw, there's been independent study after study that cutting gov't funds alone won't be enough to pay Federal debt. Google it yourself besides watching the Chinese sponsored Fox News.
and yeah and you watch CNN, MSNBC please, good thing florida rejected the HSR mess, because it more big government spending on welfare, just like warfare.
And it adds to the debt.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Ugh, considering all the Medicare and social security dollars the feds dumped into your state, you hardly have room to talk about being "free from government". Between that and defense spending, your whole economy is pretty much dependent on Washington. Feel like I'm feeding the troll but check this out:

Federal Expenditures by State per Dollar Sent — Infoplease.com
Yep, it's time the states use secession itself from washington d.c, because the federal government is just absolutely corrupt.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:40 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,593,769 times
Quote:

Old 07-08-2012, 06:46 PM

98 posts, read 276,437 times
Quote:
and yeah and you watch CNN, MSNBC please, good thing florida rejected the HSR mess, because it more big government spending on welfare, just like warfare.
And it adds to the debt.
Of course, I watch CNN and MSNBC. I love it unlike Faux News. I just love it when you preached your hate of big gov't. If you hate gov't so much then what the hell are you doing in America. Go someplace in some small pacific island with no gov't. MOD CUT

btw, I'd appreciate if you stay away from gov't funded projects paid for by taxpayers and yes, debt like the interstate highway, the internet, the California HSR , any rail tracks in the U.S. or the airplane when you leave the country that you hate so much - the U.S.A. Practice what you preached...ok?

Last edited by NewToCA; 07-08-2012 at 11:53 PM.. Reason: knock off the personal comments

Old 07-08-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citynomad View Post
Of course, I watch CNN and MSNBC. I love it unlike Faux News. I just love it when you preached your hate of big gov't. If you hate gov't so much then what the hell are you doing in America. Go someplace in some small pacific island with no gov't. MOD CUT

btw, I'd appreciate if you stay away from gov't funded projects paid for by taxpayers and yes, debt like the interstate highway, the internet, the California HSR , any rail tracks in the U.S. or the airplane when you leave the country that you hate so much - the U.S.A. Practice what you preached...ok?
And CNN and MSNBC are bought by the same people that own fixed news, MOD CUT

Enjoy your HSR, your gonna need it.

Because when SHTF, Your gonna need a revolution, because I Will continue to hate Big government until it destroys itself

I'm glad I Don't support either of these political parties and haven't been for the last 5 years.

Last edited by NewToCA; 07-09-2012 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 07-08-2012, 10:11 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
How sad that civil discussions denigrate to name calling. This is why so many threads end up closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California