Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 08:48 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times

Advertisements

^^ Gotcha (I knew you couldn't resist…lol)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 09:06 AM

6,884 posts, read 8,260,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
^^ And curious how Folsom apparently has lower rates for water, sewer, trash and even PGE, than 'fancy-schmansy' El Dorado Hills right next door.
Folsom is in Sacramento County, Sacramento county has it's own electric utility district, SMUD, hence the lower rates. PG&E provides natural gas only, not electricity, to Sacramento-Folsom.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:04 AM

128 posts, read 372,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
The real question is are we talking about good and better....or good and bad?

My guess is the former, so who gives a crap!

My son and dtr-in-law came to my tiny town of 5000 and had a blast New Years eve. Good VS better is not really relevant. Unless you are a score keeper in LA or NYC. The fact you get into a certain club only matters to .00001% of real people who matter in life. The rest of the clubbers could care less about you as a person. But if all that you care about is...

Been there and have done that. What a waste! Well not totally. I got stories. Stories are fine, but happiness comes from relationships. Not partying. Sure my time at the Whisky a Go Go on the Sunset Strip was fun, but does it matter today? Story-wise, yea. But Jim Morrison was a failure as a human being.

Which town has better clubs? Matters little when it comes to a happy life.
I fully agree that good vs better is not particularly relevant. Roseville and Sacramento is considered BAD to me though, and I'm merely using that as justification for not living there.

Also, having fun equates to happiness. Different people have different ideas of having fun. Living in a larger urban city gives me access to music fests, bars, breweries while living in Sacramento may give somebody else access to some of the best fishing spots. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisthumper View Post
I fully agree that good vs better is not particularly relevant. Roseville and Sacramento is considered BAD to me though, and I'm merely using that as justification for not living there.

Also, having fun equates to happiness. Different people have different ideas of having fun. Living in a larger urban city gives me access to music fests, bars, breweries while living in Sacramento may give somebody else access to some of the best fishing spots. Different strokes for different folks.
Sacramento not only has some of the best fishing spots; it's got music fests, bars, & breweries too.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:18 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Sacramento not only has some of the best fishing spots; it's got music fests, bars, & breweries too.
Got lots of pesky politicians, too.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Got lots of pesky politicians, too.
The Politicians from the Bay Area are the most powerful, liberal, and wealthy, and Sacramento has deal with their big egos.....speaking of... If you are a lawyer, lobbyist, democrat, technocrate, Sacramento is a great place to be.

Old 01-07-2015, 03:24 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
The Politicians from the Bay Area are the most powerful, liberal, and wealthy, and Sacramento has deal with their big egos.....speaking of... If you are a lawyer, lobbyist, democrat, technocrate, Sacramento is a great place to be.
What if you're a Republican?

Old 01-07-2015, 04:11 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
What if you're a Republican?
I guess hope springs eternal.

Quote:
It's what kept us there as we were political and legislative analysts for the state. But in the end I much preferred living there than the Central Valley and what's become of SoCal.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:23 PM

128 posts, read 372,739 times
Quote:
it's got music fests, bars, & breweries too.
I didn't say there wasn't. Its numbers and quality are lacking though.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:37 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Are we still fighting about Sac'to and vicinity? There must be other under-rated places in CA to discuss.

Pretty please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California